Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokerkings does talkSPORT Radio - Wenger OUT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jono
    One of the smartest things ive heard Harry say, I have listened to Englands TalkSport on the internet often and without a doubt 99% of the people that they let on air are complete idiots.

The smart, rational people dont get let on the air as it doesnt generate any discussion, anger, ratings etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings
    Nick,

Check this link:

It shows Arsenal are BOTTOM of the league on NETT spent on players!! now, to you that might be a massive achievement, to me it absolutely SMACKS of a lack of ambition at the club from management level!!
    That proves that Wenger is the best manager in the league by a few country miles.
    And by the way, even a fan like you has no right to demand that they pay EVEN more money than the ENORMOUS amount they already do pay. Yes, it is an enormous amount, it's just that the other clubs pay HUMONGOUSLY ENORMOUS amounts.
    Hey Poker, riddle me this from a fan perspective and maybe it can answer some of Nick's questions...

If Wegner splashed out 50 million on, say, Falcao - or just insert any striker name here. And a further 40 million on, say, Di Maria or insert midfielder here. Finally, 25 million on Gary Cahill or any defender. That's over 100 million that Arsenal have (no danger of going into debt) on three players. Di Maria/midfielder ends up being a massive flop, but the striker and defender become the cornerstones of the team and are integral part of a League and Champions League double. Would you prefer that over what is happening now?

Brilliant, brilliant video pokeyboy!! Skill factor 5 for sure ,

Cundy is a...well let's just say he should swap the 'dy' for a 't'. You raised some good points about Wenger's management in recent years, and when you called for his head, rather than tackle you about it head on, they went for the predictable cheap shot, suggesting you're a Yid

When Goldstein said that Wenger needs time to build a new side, you should have replied 'he's had 7 frickin' years to build one, how much more does he need??!!'

You're spot on that Wenger is definitely not the same manager he was a few seasons ago. For one thing, he's seemed to accept that you're a selling club and that doesn't bode well for the dressing room. You're still a force in the Premier League, but you're a million miles from being where you once were.

Indeed, Europa League football beckons for you next season. And it breaks my heart typing that

Quote Originally Posted by Johaldo8

You're spot on that Wenger is definitely not the same manager he was a few seasons ago. For one thing, he's seemed to accept that you're a selling club and that doesn't bode well for the dressing room. You're still a force in the Premier League, but you're a million miles from being where you once were.

:
    A club should sell players who want to leave in my opinion.
    Arsenal are already paying very high wages - and people are phoning radio stations demanding that they pay even more. They cannot compete financially with Chelsea, Man United or Man City, and they shouldn't be required to pay the same ridiculous expenses that Tottenham pay.

A club should sell players who want to leave in my opinion.

So if you was Daniel Levy, you'd have sold Luka Modric in the summer?? Selling your best players wreaks of a small club mentality and tells the other players in the team that there is a lack of ambition. Think of the repercussions.

Arsenal are already paying very high wages - and people are phoning radio stations demanding that they pay even more. They cannot compete financially with Chelsea, Man United or Man City, and they shouldn't be required to pay the same ridiculous expenses that Tottenham pay.

What the f##k?? What high expenses do Tottenham pay?? Our wage ceiling is around 70K a week - far less than Arsenal's.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtz
    Nick,

Check this link:

It shows Arsenal are BOTTOM of the league on NETT spent on players!! now, to you that might be a massive achievement, to me it absolutely SMACKS of a lack of ambition at the club from management level!!
    That proves that Wenger is the best manager in the league by a few country miles.
    And by the way, even a fan like you has no right to demand that they pay EVEN more money than the ENORMOUS amount they already do pay. Yes, it is an enormous amount, it's just that the other clubs pay HUMONGOUSLY ENORMOUS amounts.
    Hey Poker, riddle me this from a fan perspective and maybe it can answer some of Nick's questions...

If Wegner splashed out 50 million on, say, Falcao - or just insert any striker name here. And a further 40 million on, say, Di Maria or insert midfielder here. Finally, 25 million on Gary Cahill or any defender. That's over 100 million that Arsenal have (no danger of going into debt) on three players. Di Maria/midfielder ends up being a massive flop, but the striker and defender become the cornerstones of the team and are integral part of a League and Champions League double. Would you prefer that over what is happening now?
    But Mrtz, how do you know any top players will fail.

As much as I hate to say it Rednapp and Levy have actually done a really good job with the team at Tottenham. I believe this is their maturest team in 8 years?

VdV was a top signing, Modric and Bale took a while to settle and under the right coaching they're playing well. Parker was a player Arsenal fans where screaming out for and Tottenham knew what had to be done. Loaning Adebayor was another good move..

Their goalkeeper Gomes had an awful year and they rectified it by bringing in experience in Friedel. Where as we refused to pay the extra 2 million Fulham asked for Schwarzer and how long did we have to put up with Almunia?!!

When Wenger won us the double he had a NETT spend of only 44 million! Now that is sustainable!

I know for a fact we have bags of money to spend, the club are hoarding it like a business and have pushed out the fans.

Johaldo8, Daniel Levy is entitled to hold onto Modric, but I believe it is a mistake to hold onto any player who wants to leave - rather try to get as much money as you possibly can for the player.
    And by the way, Spurs have paid lots of money on transfer fees, so if you take transfer fees and wages combined, that's MUCH MUCH more than Arsenal.

Wish I could listen to this today but cant at work, will when I get home

Quote Originally Posted by mrtz
    Nick,

Check this link:

But Mrtz, how do you know any top players will fail.

As much as I hate to say it Rednapp and Levy have actually done a really good job with the team at Tottenham. I believe this is their maturest team in 8 years?

VdV was a top signing, Modric and Bale took a while to settle and under the right coaching they're playing well. Parker was a player Arsenal fans where screaming out for and Tottenham knew what had to be done. Loaning Adebayor was another good move..

Their goalkeeper Gomes had an awful year and they rectified it by bringing in experience in Friedel. Where as we refused to pay the extra 2 million Fulham asked for Schwarzer and how long did we have to put up with Almunia?!!

When Wenger won us the double he had a NETT spend of only 44 million! Now that is sustainable!

I know for a fact we have bags of money to spend, the club are hoarding it like a business and have pushed out the fans.
    Not my question though. Nick is pointing out that you should be happy with how things are because you are competitive enough without breaking the bank.

My question is, would you be happy if you're spending the money you have at your disposal and pay over the odds for a few stars. Some will flop, some will flourish, and you win the double. You're just spending the money you have, and not burning any resources but you are paying more than usual in order to compete with the Mancs and Chelsea. Or would you rather have things the way they are?