Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 77

Thread: Pokerkings does talkSPORT Radio - Wenger OUT!!

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtz
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtz
    Quote Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings
    Nick,

    Check this link:

    It shows Arsenal are BOTTOM of the league on NETT spent on players!! now, to you that might be a massive achievement, to me it absolutely SMACKS of a lack of ambition at the club from management level!!
    That proves that Wenger is the best manager in the league by a few country miles.
    And by the way, even a fan like you has no right to demand that they pay EVEN more money than the ENORMOUS amount they already do pay. Yes, it is an enormous amount, it's just that the other clubs pay HUMONGOUSLY ENORMOUS amounts.
    Hey Poker, riddle me this from a fan perspective and maybe it can answer some of Nick's questions...

    If Wegner splashed out 50 million on, say, Falcao - or just insert any striker name here. And a further 40 million on, say, Di Maria or insert midfielder here. Finally, 25 million on Gary Cahill or any defender. That's over 100 million that Arsenal have (no danger of going into debt) on three players. Di Maria/midfielder ends up being a massive flop, but the striker and defender become the cornerstones of the team and are integral part of a League and Champions League double. Would you prefer that over what is happening now?
    But Mrtz, how do you know any top players will fail.

    As much as I hate to say it Rednapp and Levy have actually done a really good job with the team at Tottenham. I believe this is their maturest team in 8 years?

    VdV was a top signing, Modric and Bale took a while to settle and under the right coaching they're playing well. Parker was a player Arsenal fans where screaming out for and Tottenham knew what had to be done. Loaning Adebayor was another good move..

    Their goalkeeper Gomes had an awful year and they rectified it by bringing in experience in Friedel. Where as we refused to pay the extra £2 million Fulham asked for Schwarzer and how long did we have to put up with Almunia?!!

    When Wenger won us the double he had a NETT spend of only £44 million! Now that is sustainable!

    I know for a fact we have bags of money to spend, the club are hoarding it like a business and have pushed out the fans.
    Not my question though. Nick is pointing out that you should be happy with how things are because you are competitive enough without breaking the bank.

    My question is, would you be happy if you're spending the money you have at your disposal and pay over the odds for a few stars. Some will flop, some will flourish, and you win the double. You're just spending the money you have, and not burning any resources but you are paying more than usual in order to compete with the Mancs and Chelsea. Or would you rather have things the way they are?
    As a fan I want my team to win, of course. That goes without question. When Wenger has brought in quality we have won, Overmars, Henry, Gilberto, Campbell, Freddie, Pires, Petit, Edu, Kanu, Lehmann..etc we were winning trophies.

    Not the dross he has resorted to and his faith in project youth! and who really has come out on top with his youth policy? Wilshere? Don't get me wrong, I think Wenger is a good coach but he isn't a good manager, he is also flawed with tactics as time has gone on.

    If I'm honest I'd just like a big shake up at the club, we've gone 7 years (facing 8 ) empty handed which also makes Wenger the most unsuccessful manager in the clubs history in that time. Achieving top 4 for a European trophy we will never win is the best Arsenal could ask for? Not for me, we had 10 league titles before Wenger came anywhere near us and we shouldn't be held back for that challenge by anyone.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland
    Johaldo8, Daniel Levy is entitled to hold onto Modric, but I believe it is a mistake to hold onto any player who wants to leave - rather try to get as much money as you possibly can for the player.
    And by the way, Spurs have paid lots of money on transfer fees, so if you take transfer fees and wages combined, that's MUCH MUCH more than Arsenal.
    It depends on the player. Luckily, Modric is a top professional and loves the game too much, not to put his all in.

    How do you know it's MUCH MUCH more, Nick? Add it all up (transfer fees and wages since Wenger's been at the Club) and then let's continue the discussion.

  3. #23
    It's one of those.

    Wenger's wage bill is something like £50 million more than Spurs because he is mentally not very well!

    But most people measure it on players purchased on transfer, Arsenal have made £32 million in profit and are currently the Premiership's bottom team for NETT spend. Where Tottenham have spent £72 million to get where they are today. The 4th biggest spending team in the Premierships history.

    What does this say? do me it's says Tottenham are currently one play up from where they should be in terms of spending. Arsenal are competing very well compared to every single other current Premiership side but are showing that their aims are to make money and have zero ambition.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Kroenke's moustache
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    You were an absolute laughing stock mate

    I knew it by the rubbish you post about Wenger that you would chat just like that!
    You are right about one thing ,that Arsenal squad is below par without question . Worst team in years ,but Wenger out is a joke and even them pratts at talk sport can't fathom that rationale. Just put it down as a learning experience young 'un!


    Who bought those players in though, specnur? Surely Wenger is responsible for our squad?
    OH no doubt about it ,that much is obvious thats why i said i agree with him.But Wenger out and replace him with Loew ,your on drugs man!
    I have not hidden from the fact Wenger has made mistakes. In fact you will find posts i made when Poker and the rest of you lot were on his nut sack after a string of wins,where i said the team is rubbish and will falter later in the season.
    I also blamed him for not recognizing the threat of Nasri leaving and putting the club at risk so late in the season.
    So people need to slow down with assumption here. I love Wenger i still think he's the best manager in the world bar none ,but to give the impression that i have not criticized him is a complete falsehood.

    To be quite honest i don't even know how he's got this far with the team he has right now!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Kroenke's moustache
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    You were an absolute laughing stock mate

    I knew it by the rubbish you post about Wenger that you would chat just like that!
    You are right about one thing ,that Arsenal squad is below par without question . Worst team in years ,but Wenger out is a joke and even them pratts at talk sport can't fathom that rationale. Just put it down as a learning experience young 'un!


    Who bought those players in though, specnur? Surely Wenger is responsible for our squad?
    OH no doubt about it ,that much is obvious thats why i said i agree with him.But Wenger out and replace him with Loew ,your on drugs man!
    I have not hidden from the fact Wenger has made mistakes. In fact you will find posts i made when Poker and the rest of you lot were on his nut sack after a string of wins,where i said the team is rubbish and will falter later in the season.
    I also blamed him for not recognizing the threat of Nasri leaving and putting the club at risk so late in the season.
    So people need to slow down with assumption here. I love Wenger i still think he's the best manager in the world bar none ,but to give the impression that i have not criticized him is a complete falsehood.

    To be quite honest i don't even know how he's got this far with the team he has right now!
    Where have I been on Wenger's 'nut sack'? That's the first point.

    Second, I can't believe you have just said Wenger is the best manager in the World!? Specs, your opinion on Wenger lacks knowledge. If you truely believe he is the best manager in the world then you need help.... mentally.

    Answer me this, what manger (never mind the best in the world) goes 7 years without a single trophy? are you a retard?

    What sane manager says: How can you say Arsenal are a big club if you sell Nasri and Fabregas?

    Then sells Nasri and Fabregas!!

    What sane manager says: “When you see all the fees around you become dizzy. We do what we want and we look first at the quality of the player and after if we have the money we spend it.”


    The key phrase there is “we do what we want,” effectively saying he refuses to pay the going rate for a quality player because he thinks transfer fees are too high nowadays.

    I have just run his quote through my Wenger Bullsh*t-o-meter and the Google translation is: “The transfer market is inflated so I prefer to live in the 1990s and refuse to pay the current market value for any top quality players, even if we desperately need them to stay in the top four.”

    He is an insane French c**t and if you follow him then what the f**k does that make you?? I dread to even think!!??

    You need help.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings
    It's one of those.

    Wenger's wage bill is something like £50 million more than Spurs because he is mentally not very well!

    But most people measure it on players purchased on transfer, Arsenal have made £32 million in profit and are currently the Premiership's bottom team for NETT spend. Where Tottenham have spent £72 million to get where they are today. The 4th biggest spending team in the Premierships history.

    What does this say? do me it's says Tottenham are currently one play up from where they should be in terms of spending. Arsenal are competing very well compared to every single other current Premiership side but are showing that their aims are to make money and have zero ambition.
    Pokerings, look at the wage bill, AND look at the players purchased. As far as I'm concerned, this is obviously the desired course of action. How on earth can someone just IGNORE one of those big expenditures?

  7. #27
    Good stuff Pokerings.

    The photos just capped it all off.

    Wenger's revolution has been a failure. Managers in the decades to come will learn what has happened in the last half a decade at the Emirates of what not to do. If your on top you have to stay there, and yes you might have to spend a bit of coin to bring in experience that complements a young team with potential. That's the big tragedy of all this. Alot of the players that have come and gone would have turned out to be better players if only Wenger brought in some experience that could take the pressure off the youngsters who were finding their feet. Instead they copped scar after scar year after year while being told a tale by Wenger that it was "only a matter of time" before they swept all before them. This myth that Wenger turns potential into world class players is just that, a myth.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by "Pokerkings"

    Where have I been on Wenger's 'nut sack'? That's the first point.

    [color=red
    So you weren't basking in the run of form Arsenal were in a few weeks back? If you say no you are a liar!
    [/color]
    Second, I can't believe you have just said Wenger is the best manager in the World!? Specs, your opinion on Wenger lacks knowledge. If you truely believe he is the best manager in the world then you need help.... mentally.
    He's he best manager in the world, all things considered! Such as the ridiculous jump in transfer fees, developiing young players, having the right moral standing, keeping his club competitive at the top level with less money than any of his peers and the list goes on.


    Answer me this, what manger (never mind the best in the world) goes 7 years without a single trophy? are you a retard?
    A manager that tried to evolve the sport yet again by trying something new! When he first came into the league he evolved it by trashing poor diet and increasing technical levels, bought players for peanuts sold them for millions , filled his team with foreign players and won the league without a defeat. That worked! This time took another route by relying on the young players he was able to develop in his glory years and bring in some lesser know talent ,but using his young players as his foundation. For the first 3 year it was going great as no one in football expected them to even qualify for the champions league let alone win anything ,even though the league was increasing in ability from top to bottom in the meantime. the reason he didn't succeed is because his misjudgment in the loyalty of important players that he trusted to do the right thing.
    I would also sya that not even Wenger could predict how the league has become as tough as it has in the last 2 seasons ,which was just as big a factor so that was bad luck. Teams with deeper benches were better equipped whilst Wenger relied on a developing bench that was not suited to the league ability.

    What sane manager says: How can you say Arsenal are a big club if you sell Nasri and Fabregas?
    Then sells Nasri and Fabregas!!
    He didn't have a choice in that,he wanted to keep them players ,as he wanted to keep Flamini ,Hleb ,Diarra, Toure, adebayor ,clichy! You can blame everyone but him for that pal.

    What sane manager says: “When you see all the fees around you become dizzy. We do what we want and we look first at the quality of the player and after if we have the money we spend it.”



    NOt only sane ,but totally correct! WHat would you do?

    The key phrase there is “we do what we want,” effectively saying he refuses to pay the going rate for a quality player because he thinks transfer fees are too high nowadays.
    I can't see how you are writing this nonsense when you see how much Torres and Carroll went for and there performance since. Players like Downing, Henderson, Adam, etc going for what they went for is a joke and i would everything in my power not to get caught up in that feeding frenzy.


    I have just run his quote through my Wenger Bullsh*t-o-meter and the Google translation is: “The transfer market is inflated so I prefer to live in the 1990s and refuse to pay the current market value for any top quality players, even if we desperately need them to stay in the top four.”

    He is an insane French c**t and if you follow him then what the f**k does that make you?? I dread to even think!!??
    Well this right here is the whole story in your opinion,the very opinion someone doubted as being a reason for the bias against the man in that country. If you were a bit more honest you would have started with this and saved me the time to write everything else i have written here in this conversation.


    You need help.
    I think it's quite clear judging by the highlighted part that it's indeed you who needs help mate. You sounded like a twat on that radio show if i may be so blunt and if i were on there the people you know wouldn't be able to look you in eye and keep a straight face ffs! That's how much a would have verbally torn you a new one!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings

    Where have I been on Wenger's 'nut sack'? That's the first point.

    So you weren't basking in the run of form Arsenal were in a few weeks back? If you say no you are a liar!


    Basking the drum of Arsenal? No Specs, No I wasn't.


    Second, I can't believe you have just said Wenger is the best manager in the World!? Specs, your opinion on Wenger lacks knowledge. If you truely believe he is the best manager in the world then you need help.... mentally.
    He's he best manager in the world, all things considered! Such as the ridiculous jump in transfer fees, developiing young players, having the right moral standing, keeping his club competitive at the top level with less money than any of his peers and the list goes on.


    ZZZZZzzzzz........ Boring!!!!! Same sh*t Specs different day. Why don't you supply something I can look at that backs up your annoying, repetitive, cracking broken record!

    And the club is miles away from being competitive!! how is Arsenal Football Club competitive?


    Answer me this, what manger (never mind the best in the world) goes 7 years without a single trophy? are you a retard?
    A manager that tried to evolve the sport yet again by trying something new! When he first came into the league he evolved it by trashing poor diet and increasing technical levels, bought players for peanuts sold them for millions , filled his team with foreign players and won the league without a defeat. That worked! This time took another route by relying on the young players he was able to develop in his glory years and bring in some lesser know talent ,but using his young players as his foundation. For the first 3 year it was going great as no one in football expected them to even qualify for the champions league let alone win anything ,even though the league was increasing in ability from top to bottom in the meantime. the reason he didn't succeed is because his misjudgment in the loyalty of important players that he trusted to do the right thing.
    I would also sya that not even Wenger could predict how the league has become as tough as it has in the last 2 seasons ,which was just as big a factor so that was bad luck. Teams with deeper benches were better equipped whilst Wenger relied on a developing bench that was not suited to the league ability.


    What?? other than the beginning part of that bit I have no idea what you are talking about or, indeed what you mean. You have just thrown some words together with nothing to look at. Do you even have examples?

    What great youth players has Wenger produced of any note?


    What sane manager says: How can you say Arsenal are a big club if you sell Nasri and Fabregas?
    Then sells Nasri and Fabregas!!
    He didn't have a choice in that,he wanted to keep them players ,as he wanted to keep Flamini ,Hleb ,Diarra, Toure, adebayor ,clichy! You can blame everyone but him for that pal.


    I can't believe my f**king eyes!! have you finally gone mad? if it's not Wenger's fault that players feel they can be winners else where other than Arsenal then who's else's fault is it????

    And Wenger still needs to explain to me why Cesc was sold for as little as £25 million when he was fully contracted at the club for 3+ years.

    Let's compare this type of management shall we? Ronaldo, like Cesc told his manager he wanted to move to Spain, Ferguson said "Right, fine. But!! I want you to sign a 5 year deal at our club (Man Utd) and I will give you a gentleman's agreement that I will sell you for the highest price from R.Madrid for the good of Manchester Utd Football Club"

    Ronaldo sold for £80 million.

    Now look at Wenger, Cesc Fabregas a European 2008 winner and World Cup winner and arguably one of the best midfielders in the World is sold to Barcelona so cheap that the Catalan's have been publicly laughing at us with that deal ever since!!

    He put another player in front of the clubs best interests yet again!! Shocking and terrible management.


    What sane manager says: “When you see all the fees around you become dizzy. We do what we want and we look first at the quality of the player and after if we have the money we spend it.”



    NOt only sane ,but totally correct! WHat would you do?

    I would invest with all that money le nutty professor has been hoarding and bring in quality to make Arsenal Competitive again!!!

    Wenger: “The vision is to make this club the best club in the world, it is as simple as that – to carry through the values we think are important in the game,” he said

    Therefore this is the context in which I judge players and potential signings. So if we are buying players for £3-£12m do you think we are close to being number one in the world? Or do you think he's pulling the wall over your eyes Specs!! gutted mate, you fell for it!!

    Quick question Specs if I may be so bold to do so, What Arsenal players has your mate (le lunatic) has assembled would get into Real Madrid? Barcelona? Bayern? AC Milan? Man Utd? Chelsea?.....etc...etc.. sides? (and be commanding 25-35m fees).

    We are signing players for the value of £3-£12 million!! are those amounts going to make us number 1 in the world under this kind of management? If you do think so then you are suffering from a mental breakdown.



    The key phrase there is “we do what we want,” effectively saying he refuses to pay the going rate for a quality player because he thinks transfer fees are too high nowadays.
    I can't see how you are writing this nonsense when you see how much Torres and Carroll went for and there performance since. Players like Downing, Henderson, Adam, etc going for what they went for is a joke and i would everything in my power not to get caught up in that feeding frenzy.


    No, I would want Hazard’s, Goetze’s, Gomez’s, Podolski’s and so on of this world. The players you have mentioned have zero quality, bar maybe Torres.

    And we wouldn't even have to break the bank to get them.



    I have just run his quote through my Wenger Bullsh*t-o-meter and the Google translation is: “The transfer market is inflated so I prefer to live in the 1990s and refuse to pay the current market value for any top quality players, even if we desperately need them to stay in the top four.”

    He is an insane French c**t and if you follow him then what the f**k does that make you?? I dread to even think!!??
    Well this right here is the whole story in your opinion,the very opinion someone doubted as being a reason for the bias against the man in that country. If you were a bit more honest you would have started with this and saved me the time to write everything else i have written here in this conversation.


    He's french and he's a c**t. What's the problem? This is my club and he's been holding it back for years and now refuses to address the fans in Q&A meetings. He's an absolute disgrace and thinks he's bigger than the club.

    Get out!


    You need help.
    [color=red]I think it's quite clear judging by the highlighted part that it's indeed you who needs help mate. You sounded like a twat on that radio show if i may be so blunt and if i were on there the people you know wouldn't be able to look you in eye and keep a straight face ffs! That's how much a would have verbally torn you a new one!
    Those two presenters completely contradicted themselves and I can't believe you missed that? Well, I'm not that shocked actually....

    I haven't once seen you tear anyone a new one through out this entire forum, in fact, you're a little like Wenger, you pretend you have the best argument for discussion in your locker but when it comes to the crunch you choke. You fail to provide any evidence to back up what you're saying and you repeat yourself like an old man.

  10. #30
    Porkerings Arsenal Football Club are not obliged to spend money just because you demand it. If you don't like it, then boycot the stadium. Arsenal pay OBSCENE amounts of cash to their players, and what other clubs pay is a complete irrelevance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •