Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rugby Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    Quote Originally Posted by rachrvp
    Waaaaales

didn't watch the game but sounded like a corker. Wales will win the 6 nations, thanks.
    Hi stranger

The match between England and Wales at Twickenham this month on 25th February should be a cracker.
    i agree. i'm not really into rugby but i dont mind the 6 nations

Well it was a fantastic atmosphere from the off...My first rugby game and i can say this with every ounce of truth it put anfield in the shadow when it came to the atmosphere....

First off it was a great game i thought we were the better side to be honest but fair play to the welsh they never give up....

And their fans are amazing never met a nicer bunch of people , rugby definetly has a different class of supporter than football the craic was immense....

In regards to dublin it is the most expensive place on the planet the drink prices put my own bar's to shame i have a vague memory of the bar tender blushing when i spat my beer out at the astronomical price of drink....

Good times though and i will definetly go again once i have paid back my credit card bill....

Quote Originally Posted by suarez7
    Well it was a fantastic atmosphere from the off...My first rugby game and i can say this with every ounce of truth it put anfield in the shadow when it came to the atmosphere....

First off it was a great game i thought we were the better side to be honest but fair play to the welsh they never give up....

And their fans are amazing never met a nicer bunch of people , rugby definetly has a different class of supporter than football the craic was immense....

In regards to dublin it is the most expensive place on the planet the drink prices put my own bar's to shame i have a vague memory of the bar tender blushing when i spat my beer out at the astronomical price of drink....

Good times though and i will definetly go again once i have paid back my credit card bill....

its a joke isnt it,pubs aound temple bar will easilly charge you at least 6.50 a pint and then they complain when there bar closes down...where did you go anyway???

as for the weekends matches,england to struggle past italy,wales to walk past scotland and france to hammer ireland

I have not been in dublin for 7 years mate and i was shocked about the price hike and your spot on about the prices a round of ten pints was around 60 euro in the temple could not believe it.....

So i was in the temple bar as most people would but my friend is living in dublin so he brought on us on a bit of a pub crawl....Had a great dinner in a place with a black horse hanging outside it the name eludes me....We did go to a cracking bar when i was just tipsy that was called bruxelless....Actually maybe brussels....Then one you are not reallt gonna forget it was the international it was okay we only stayed for one...After that it was mainly in and around trinity college which is matthew street and o'connel street is that right....

Finally we ended up at a club which was packed it was good but far too many people let in....I think my mate said it was called spirit but i could be mistaken....

Thanks for the report on your Dublin trip Suarez7 - It was interesting reading.

Since the first round of games last weekend Scotland's Dan Parks has surprisingly hung up his boots.

Maybe it was the shock of losing at home to England?

With regards to todays matches I expect us to win comfortably in Italy where it has been snowing in Rome!

France should come out on top against Ireland in a close encounter while I think Wales will easily beat Scotland on Sunday.

France - Ireland game off, obvious question to ask is why the hell doesn't the Stade de France have under soil heating??

Over 10,000 Irish made the trip, 80,000 in the stadium, not going to be too happy to be told its been called off 10 minutes before kick off. It's been brutally cold for weeks in Europe so ridiculous that they left it this late to decide

Thats not good at all that France v Ireland was postponed only 10 minutes before kick off!

The match earlier in Rome between Italy and England was also played in bad conditions but still went ahead at the new Olympic stadium.

Will post more about England's victory on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    Thats not good at all that France v Ireland was postponed only 10 minutes before kick off!

The match earlier in Rome between Italy and England was also played in bad conditions but still went ahead at the new Olympic stadium.

Will post more about England's victory on Sunday.
    i was right hams england struggled to a win,ok fairplay they came back but noting special...dan cole was the only good player for england today...england will find it tough against wales ireland and france because they are so inexpierinced...

conor o'shea would be a perfect permanent choice

I was quite surprised that England didn't dominate our game against Italy and win it easily!

I guess its going to take some time for the new manager and inexperienced players to gel as a team.

Its a little worry that in our first 2 Six nations matches that we still have scored yet with a decent try.

We have been lucky twice now that Charlie Hodgson has been in the right place to charge down attempted clearances!

Have been quite impressed with new boy Owen Farrell who looks a great kicker and could be a star of the future.

Looking forward to the return of the six nations this weekend.

Stuart Lancaster has had to make a few team changers from the side that won in Italy.

Charge down Charlie is sadly out and Owen Farroll has been moved to fly half for the game against Wales.

Manu Tuilagi is also back - I hope that there are no nearby ferries on the river that he can jump off after the game.

Any comments?