Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rugby Thread

16 minutes in and England are under pressure but handling it well. I'd love to see us give the Taffs a bloody nose!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Good game with a individual bit of brilliance from Williams the deciding factor in the end. England improving but the inexperience paid against them in the end

Even though England lost 19-12 I think our young team put in a good display which can only help improve them in the future.
    I didn't think it was a try at the end.

Ireland won their first game 42-10 against Italy in Dublin.

On Sunday Scotland play France.

Quote Originally Posted by floody
    Massive shame to lose that so late on, felt we more than matched Wales' power for the most part in what was an enthralling encounter. Many positives to take out of that game for Lancaster, Farrell's composure with the boot was again outstanding and the backline looked more dangerous and were far more resolute defensively.

Try at the end was up in the air, Strettle did so well to even look to get over the line after being smashed hard by Halfpenny, it looked down to me from one angle but the others were inconclusive.
    Could never have give that try, the word given by the TMO, "inconclusive" to the ref summed it up perfectly. Even he did ground it which you cant tell, he didnt look in control of it anyway.
    Felt England played ok but it was more of a FA cup game in football were the weaker team play against the premier team and basically put up the barracks. England knew they couldnt beat them playing there way out so relied heavily on power of the defence and Farrells kicking

Quote Originally Posted by floody
    That's the only way we could play though. It was clear that Tuilagi's presence was as much about defending as possible. Had we truly tried to open up and play expansive rugby, Wales would have tore us to pieces.

I agree about the try, as frustrating as it was. Still a phenomenal effort from Strettle to try and ground it though after such a superb tackle.
    I dont think England could play expansive rugby if they wanted to, its not in their nature and hasnt been for a very very long time...if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967
    16 minutes in and England are under pressure but handling it well. I'd love to see us give the Taffs a bloody nose!
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW such a shame you lost, really sad for you especially after the bloody nose comment.

WALES WALES WALES!

Results

25 Feb, 13:30 Ireland 42 - 10 Italy Aviva Stadium, Dublin, IRL
    25 Feb, 16:00 England 12 - 19 Wales Twickenham, London, ENG
    26 Feb, 15:00 Scotland 17 - 23 France Murrayfield, Edinburgh, SCO

Pl W D L PF PA +/- Pts
    1 Wales 3 3 0 0 69 46 23 6
    2 France 2 2 0 0 53 29 24 4
    3 England 3 2 0 1 44 40 4 4
    4 Ireland 2 1 0 1 63 33 30 2
    5 Scotland 3 0 0 3 36 63 -27 0
    6 Italy 3 0 0 3 37 91 -54 0

Wales should beat Italy in their next game and then the decider for a possible grand slam will be the final match against France!