Page 1 of 41 1211 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's to you, Ma'am

Here's to you, Ma'am

As all of her loyal subjects will be aware, this year has marked 60 years of Her Majesty The Queen's reign. The Diamond Jubilee celebrations will take place in across England's capital in June.

being the kind hearted regal that she is, Her Roal Highness has gifted her subjects with an additional bank holiday so that everyone can join in the fun and frolics to mark an amazing 60 years heading up the worlds greatest nation.

our commonwealth cousins will all be invited as they, too, will want to mark the 60th anniversary of the accession of Queen Elizabeth II to the thrones of seven countries upon the death of her father, King George VI, on 6 February 1952.

the ever-elegant monarch has just three more years to go before she becomes the longest reigning monarch in British history, highlighting what a remarkable shift our Liz has put in.

she's gone from opening her doors to Winston Churchill to welcoming in Barack Obama and each and every one of those in between have remarked on what a true delight our beloved Ruler is. while our politicians regularly make the nation a laughing stock it is our dignified and knowledgeable Crown Jewel that keeps our image as the powerhouse of the globe.

The Queen has overseen some remarkable changes in the world during her reign and the respect she commands throughout the world is unrivalled.

this is the thread where we pay tribute to Queen Elizabeth II. Enjoy.

You've done a fantastic job, Elizabeth. Keep up the good work

She certainly has Nick. I am sure your kind comments will warm her heart.

Congratulations to your Queen. Being on the throne 60 years is a fantastic achievement. It requires a lot of health as well as skills to control such an influential country. I have no knowledge about her views and achievements, but if you're happy from which she has done, I wish you and her much more days as the Queen.

I have always like the Queen.
    Part of it of course is sentimentality, I won't deny that. The fact that she has reigned so long, means that she unites generations, not just the different parts of Britain.

But first and foremost, because she has never done anything to draw attention to herself, and she has always come across as so professional and stoic. This is why I greatly admire her as a person. She is totally natural.

I will also tell those who don't know that during World War 2, she was a young mechanic in the ATS, where women served. Yes, a mechanic! An auto-mechanic!

Since she was a mechanic, could you tell us what was she fixing ?

Quote Originally Posted by chin-up
    Well, vans and cars and things.

Quote Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland
    So, she was an auto-mechanic ?

Are you sure ?

Are you sure ?
    Yes

Are you sure ?
    Yes
    Do you think she could fix my BMW in case I needed ?