Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567 LastLast

Thread: The Oscars

Never understood all the fuss last year.

What black actor deserved Oscar's over the actual winners?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings View Post
    Never understood all the fuss last year.

What black actor deserved Oscar's over the actual winners?
    I would say none, but this year there's a strong chance they'll be a few. Denzel directs and acts in Fences where Viola Davis should win something, and then there's Hidden Figures, which is laden with chances of little golden nominations..

Chaos at The Oscars last night as LaLa Land is
    named as Best Movie but then its announced a mistake
    has been made and the real winner should be Moonlight!

Moonlight is the only movie I seen from the nominee's. It was good but a bit too long I feel. I was hoping La la land would win. Which I still haven't seen but I believe it's great.

I wonder if Trump had something to do with this and people want to give oscars to minorities now.

Americans are hilarious.

What with the embarrassing comments from Whoopi Goldberg previously about that race bollocks, and now the complete and utter cock ups on some shit films..

The Oscars have now become more entertaining than the actual films.

God bless America.

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    Moonlight is the only movie I seen from the nominee's. It was good but a bit too long I feel. I was hoping La la land would win. Which I still haven't seen but I believe it's great.

I wonder if Trump had something to do with this and people want to give oscars to minorities now.
    I still haven't seen Moonlight.

La La Land was a really good romance yet only seemed a musical for the first 30 mins. I got a little confused at the ending, but it was good enough.

Manchester By The Sea was a very well written movie if you like almost gritty stories. He punched a few people, but yet we were supposed to feel for him at what he went through. It'll be boring for most. Deserved best script winner.

Arrival was a film - like Oscar nominated ones - that was somewhere between entertaining and serious. It wasn't too intelligent, but the ending was hard to grasp the importance of if you didn't understand the significance of what was given.

Really want to see MOONLIGHT and still haven't seen SPOTLIGHT from last year's Best picture Oscar win.

Now Leo tell this to Trump who denies climate change.