Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Apprentice

Who watched the first episode last night?

It was a girls v boys challenge with both sides having to sell products featuring their own prints.

Both teams were pretty poor in my view with very little thought going into the design of their goods.

I was glad that Katie survived as she is beautiful and Sugar was right to fire Billyanna who thought she knew it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    who do you mean by the 'arrogant, horrble bad attitude idiot'?
    Was actually talking about Sugar but you could apply it to any of the contestants

when will people learn that gobbing off incessantly in the boardroom is a sure way to get fired? it's always the women who let their gobs run away with them.

if she would have kept her mouth shut that blonde tart would have been in the back of that taxi, for sure.

every year this show highlights how hideous women are when they are in a pack. vile, screeching creatures.

I hate watching deluded narcissists boast about their ambiguous non skills and non qualities while some egomaniacal, senile Spurs fan gets them to make sandwhiches and utter guff products to flog to other arseholes. I can't watch abide just watching arseholes week after week.

The American version was initially interesting because the candidates were put in charge of big events like Golf tournament stages or NFL after parties etc where you got to see the inner mechanics of how these things are organised including some quite detailed logistics/planning etc. Of course, like all of these programmes it's not long before it all becomes about peoples personalities and frankly I don't care about peoples personalities, they're not as interesting as they think they are, I know plenty of self loving arseholes in the real world thank you very much.

when will people learn that gobbing off incessantly in the boardroom is a sure way to get fired? it's always the women who let their gobs run away with them.

if she would have kept her mouth shut that blonde tart would have been in the back of that taxi, for sure.

every year this show highlights how hideous women are when they are in a pack. vile, screeching creatures.
    This programme attracts a certain type of woman, to label all women like that is pretty shortsighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinc

This programme attracts a certain type of woman, to label all women like that is pretty shortsighted.

true, but where would we be without wild, sweeping generalisations?

Quote Originally Posted by Zinc
    I hate watching deluded narcissists boast about their ambiguous non skills and non qualities while some egomaniacal, senile Spurs fan gets them to make sandwhiches and utter guff products to flog to other arseholes. I can't watch abide just watching arseholes week after week.

The American version was initially interesting because the candidates were put in charge of big events like Golf tournament stages or NFL after parties etc where you got to see the inner mechanics of how these things are organised including some quite detailed logistics/planning etc. Of course, like all of these programmes it's not long before it all becomes about peoples personalities and frankly I don't care about peoples personalities, they're not as interesting as they think they are, I know plenty of self loving arseholes in the real world thank you very much.

the enjoyment is in seeing these egotistical prats show themselves up as being complete and utter morons. when you have somebody claiming to be an Oxford graduate failing to do basic maths (for example) there is much enjoyment to be had.

people do not watch the show to buy into the hype these people create for themselves, they watch it to see them fail in as big a way as possible.

you're right that it becomes too personality driven though - i also dislike the fact that its got too cliched in terms of the contestants.its become a caricature of what it used to be. however, i'll still watch it.

Yeah well, we all have our guilty pleasures I suppose. I just hate the majority of reality TV, it's mostly part freak show part bumfight, let's gawk at people with personality disorders etc.

Watched episode 2 last night.

It was another disaster for the girls with Maria being fired this time.

It didn't help that she couldn't do simple maths and also fell asleep in the car

The bath idea they came up with was really useless to say the least.

It was also pretty embarrassing when they went to pitch their product that they hadn't worked out the finances for it.

I think I've fallen in love with Kate

One more thing,the girls project leader Jane I think,if she mentions she is a mother one more time I'm going to switch off!!

as soon as a i saw that toothy mare nod off i knew she was gone. absolutely comical.

yeah, the bath idea was pathetic. it would take up about 30% of the bath and would therefore not protect anything from splashes. nobody in their right mind would buy one.

on the blokes team that fella with the bug eyes is really starting to irritate me.