Page 1 of 20 1211 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cricket thread

The Cricket thread

I don't know if many of you enjoy this sport
    but this new topic is to discuss anything to do with Cricket.

The County Championship starts soon which was won by Lancashire last year.

England are also off on tour to Sri Lanka hoping to do better than they did in the last test series against India.

Today was a day of celebration for the little master Sachin Tendulkar who finally hit his 100th century in cricket!

England drew that test series 1-1 away in Sri Lanka to remain the No1 test team.

We now have a home series against the West Indies which gets underway today at Lords!

England wrapped up the 2nd test against the West Indies with a comfortable 10 wicket victory.

Have been really impressed with the bowling of Tim Bresnan and he is also a pretty useful batsman too. - An all rounder in the making?

No play in the start of the 3rd test today as it was a complete wash out at Edgbaston,Birmingham

Just watching the test match on TV and amazed to see, (Bell I think it was) miss a dolly catch at slip. The weather is very dull and overcast yet Bell is wearing sunglasses. Why do these cricketers wear sunglasses in very dull weather? The umpires are wearing the orange glasses which make it brighter. The West Indian Powell was out caught by Swann with a beautiful catch which he took at the second attempt and he wasn't wearing shades.

What a great knock of 95 that was by Tino Best for the West Indies against England! -

It was only his second appearance for the Windies in the last 7 years and strange to explain why on this display.

I thought the wicket keeper Denesh Ramdin who hit 107 showed a tremendous disrespect when he held up that
    note to legend Sir Viv Richards in the commentators box saying 'Yeah Viv, Talk Nah' just because he had been criticised in the last test.

It looks like day 5 is going to end in another washout with this test finishing in a draw.

England are taking on Australia at Lords today in the 1st of 5 one day internationals.