Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12312 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cricket thread

England won the 1st one day match against the Aussies thanks to a great knock of 89 by Eoin Morgan's at Lords.

The 2nd ODI is at The Oval on Sunday.

England are now the No1 test and T20 team in the world and soon will also be best in one day cricket when we thrash these Australians.

It was great to see England smacking Australia all over the place. Shame it had to happen to Brett Lee. A fairly unknown side too, so none of the old favourites for Australia. New era, and it didn't start well.

England also beat the Aussies in the 2nd ODI at the Oval.

The visitors reached 251 for 7 in their 50 overs.

Two great knocks of 75 from Ian Bell and 82 from Ravi Bopara saw England easily over take that total to lead the series 2-0

The third one-day international is a day-night match at Edgbaston on Wednesday.

yeah ...need to win 5-0 to make history and become the first nation to be ranked no 1 in all formats of the game .

Yesterdays ODI was canceled due to the rain so that means that England can't now become the best one day team in the world

England will never be the best in the world (In my opinion) until they learn to play spin on the sub continent.
    Having said that, half the spinners on the Indian sub continent are chuckers and it's unbelievable that they don't get called more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan42
    England will never be the best in the world (In my opinion) until they learn to play spin on the sub continent.
    Having said that, half the spinners on the Indian sub continent are chuckers and it's unbelievable that they don't get called more often.
    Mate, statistically they are in danger of being No.1 despite the big reverse to the Asian men. Most of the football loving Johnnies on this forum won't be interested, but this is a golden age for English cricket. We are, without doubt, serious players on the world scene these days, and I'm really enjoying it after years of watching our boys getting whipped by the Aussies, the South Africans, the West Indians and the Asians (anyone else on the world cricket scene?). I sit here watching England deal out another heavy defeat to the Aussies in Geordie Land. You have to be very young or suffering from acute amnesia not to appreciate how far this team has come in the past decade. Some may point to the sprinkling of South Africans, Asians, and Irishmen in the current squad, but they play for the mighty England within the rules so I'm going to continue watching them with a glass of whiskey in my hand and a smile on my face.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

England completely outplayed Australia to win the 4th ODI.

The Aussies only hit 200 for 9 in their 50 overs with Hussey scoring 70.

England reached 201 for 2 in 47 overs with both Bell and Trott hitting 69 and 64.

The final one day match will be at Old Trafford in Manchester on Tuesday next week weather permitting!

England also beat the Aussies at Old Trafford in a rain delayed 5th ODI to win the series 4-0.

Aussie Bowler Brett Lee announced he was retiring from cricket

Next up is South Africa who will be playing 3 test matches against the No1 test team in the world and also a series of ODI matches and T20 games.

The visitors will be without wicket keeper Mark Boucher who injured his eye in a freak accident and has had to quit the sport.

What an incredible innings of 311 by Hashim Amla for South Africa against England!

Not only that but Graham Smith hit 131 and Jacques Kallis scored 182 in a massive total of 637-2.

Our bowlers some how failed to take any wickets during day 3 and day of this first test and were now on the brink of losing at 102-4 in our second innings.