Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: F1

Great race from Maldonado ,we can only imagine what might i have happened if HAmilton would have kept his pole spot!

Sunday May 13th
    Spanish Grand Prix Pos. Driver Time
    1 Pastor Maldonado (Williams) 1:39:09.145
    2 Fernando Alonso (Ferrari) + + 3.195
    3 Kimi Räikkönen (Lotus) + + 3.884

Formula 1 Driver Standings Driver Team Pts
    1 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 61
    2 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 61
    3 Lewis Hamilton McLaren 53

Team Standings Team Pts
    1 Red Bull 109
    2 McLaren 98
    3 Lotus 84

This was Pastor Maldonado's 1st ever Grand Prix win and also the first for the Williams team for some time.

When Hamilton was sent to the back of the grid I thought Alonso would go on to win his home race but fair play to the Venezuelan.

Next stop Monaco!

Any comments?

Sunday May 27 Monaco Grand Prix Pos. Driver Time
    1 Mark Webber (Red Bull) 1:46:06.557
    2 Nico Rosberg (Mercedes) + + 0.643
    3 Fernando Alonso (Ferrari) + + 0.947

1 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 76
    2 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 73
    3 Mark Webber Red Bull 73

Team Standings Team Pts
    1 Red Bull 146
    2 McLaren 108
    3 Lotus 86

Mark Webber won the Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday for the 2nd time in his career.

Fernando Alonso now leads the drivers standings but is only 3 points above Sebastian Vettel.

Any comments on the latest race?

Sunday June 10 Canadian Grand Prix Pos. Driver Time
    1 Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) 1:32:29.586
    2 Romain Grosjean (Lotus) + + 2.513
    3 Sergio Pérez (Sauber) + + 5.260

1 Lewis Hamilton McLaren 88
    2 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 86
    3 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 85

Team Standings Team Pts
    1 Red Bull 164
    2 McLaren 133
    3 Lotus 108

Lewis Hamilton won a thrilling Canadian Grand Prix and now also leads the drivers standings.

Any comments?

No thanks to his inept mechanics who see hell bent on derailing Hamilton's chances of winning anything.
    He asked if the Alonso and vettel were going for one pit stops and they said "we are certain they are not". Clowns! Then yet again they mess up another pit stop that has cost the young talent already this season. ,Regardless of the pit crews mistakes ,this is a course that fits Hamilton down to a tee and nothing was going to stop him from winning it. Great race by Hamilton ,the pit crew did nothing special and Hamilton drove above and beyond their mistakes to win this one for himself.

Great to see Perez and Grosjean also go ahead of the two one stop gamblers.

Just watched the Valencia GP ,happy for Alonso deserved win for him drove a charm.
    HAving said that i thought Hamilton got jobbed again ,and if you have the same commentators as us in the U.S. then you will have to put up with some of the most biased people in any sport i have witnessed. It just sounds like old school British blokes trying to hold not the last sport not dominated by black folks. I hate to say it like that but i have watched this series form the start and they have never given Hamilton any sport of positivity even if he's the only British driver in the hunt each race.
    There is no doubt in my mind that Hamilton held is line legally within the racing area ,Maldonado lost his chance to overtake and was off the course ,in which case he SHOULD have broke ,and waited to try agiain later which was almost certainly going to come because of Hamilton's tyre wear. BUt no maldanado bizarrely excellerates off the course into HAmilton taking both drivers out of the race. HOw the FIA are going to whitewash this case i don't know but i am quite sure Maldonado gets off scott free.

I don't know how HAmilton deals with this mess ,but if he watched this commentary after this race ,i wouldn't give them the time of day .They don;t deserve his respect.

Sunday June 24
    Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:44:16.649
    Kimi Räikkönen Lotus + 6.421
    Michael Schumacher Mercedes + 12.639

1 Spain F Alonso Ferrari 111
    2 Australia M Webber Red Bull 91
    3 Great Britain L Hamilton McLaren 88
    4 Germany S Vettel Red Bull 85

Team Points
    1 Red Bull 176
    2 McLaren 137
    3 Lotus 126
    4 Ferrari 122

Fernando Alonso won the European grand prix in Valencia and now leads the drivers standings.

Next up is the British grand prix at Silverstone on 8th July

Quote Originally Posted by floody
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    Just watched the Valencia GP ,happy for Alonso deserved win for him drove a charm.
    HAving said that i thought Hamilton got jobbed again ,and if you have the same commentators as us in the U.S. then you will have to put up with some of the most biased people in any sport i have witnessed. It just sounds like old school British blokes trying to hold not the last sport not dominated by black folks. I hate to say it like that but i have watched this series form the start and they have never given Hamilton any sport of positivity even if he's the only British driver in the hunt each race.
    There is no doubt in my mind that Hamilton held is line legally within the racing area ,Maldonado lost his chance to overtake and was off the course ,in which case he SHOULD have broke ,and waited to try agiain later which was almost certainly going to come because of Hamilton's tyre wear. BUt no maldanado bizarrely excellerates off the course into HAmilton taking both drivers out of the race. HOw the FIA are going to whitewash this case i don't know but i am quite sure Maldonado gets off scott free.

I don't know how HAmilton deals with this mess ,but if he watched this commentary after this race ,i wouldn't give them the time of day .They don;t deserve his respect.
    I agree the incident was Maldonado's fault. The stewards obviously saw it in the same light and Maldonado was duly punished.

Anyway, surprisingly entertaining race for Valencia, packed full of incident.
    So Maldonado is punished ,but how does that help HAmilton? He was second in the race ,may have ended up 3rd or 4th due to tyre wear but picking up very important points.
    The punishment on Maldonado makes the comments by the commentators even more biased now, they are an absolute disgrace how they treat Hamilton.

Not sure whats going to happen with this weekends British Grand Prix at Silverstone as its raining so much the track could be flooded.