Page 82 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3272818283 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 901

Thread: The Arsene Wenger Thread

  1. #811
    Yeah, conflicting messages coming out, some sources say Arsenal have made contact with Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel as a possible replacement, others say Wenger has told the board he is staying. I can scarcely believe he wants to stay on, especially if the team finishes outside the top four and they get knocked out the FA Cup, the cries for him to go would reach deafening levels. Still, he is a stubborn old bugger sometimes!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

  2. #812
    I'm positive that he is staying just to stick 2 fingers up
    at the anti Wenger brigade who are becoming even more nasty
    and getting personal making insults against the greatest ever
    coach in their history who has helped them to win 9 major honours.

    I dread to think how that mob would behave if they were in relegation trouble!
    The more they protest and show hatred towards him the more he will want to stay

  3. #813
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill View Post
    what is most funny about all of this is that it is wholly the choice of the man himself.

    he really is bigger than the club.
    will they get a new manager or not? arsene decides.
    has this season been acceptable or not? arsene decides.
    how long will he extend for? arsene decides

    meanwhile, in all this hysteria Everton are now level with Arsenal on points.
    Not sure if that's true ,but what i do know ,is that Arsenal football club owe their world wide status and fanbase to that man and that man alone.PERIOD!

    I can understand the board putting the future in his hands because they probably have the opinion that rebuilding will mean the incredible likelihood of finishing outside of the top four for the an unknown amount of time.
    He has done more with less than any other manager over the last 8 years ,haven't won much , but i guess they are happy with what they have done over the last 3 years . Up until tis season i could deal with that ,but that Bayern series just took the biscuit for me. I'll still back him ,but i have to question even more than ever his ability to judge the quality of a player .
    Any time i manager has the personal to beat any team out there and he puts out a team of players that just boggle the mind you have to question it.
    Especially when he did it twice in a f@cking row.
    Just thinking about it just infuriates me no end ,and i don't ever think that feeling will ever change as long as i live .
    There is no question we are out of the top four as i said a month ago .our games we have left makes that 1000% obvious. We may get something out of two games Crystal Palace and Boro no other team we play for now on do i see us beating on our form. And i'll see this ,we catch either of them other two teams on a bad/good day and they could get at least a point ,they will be confident going into them matches i know that.

  4. #814
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    Not sure if that's true ,but what i do know ,is that Arsenal football club owe their world wide status and fanbase to that man and that man alone.PERIOD!

    I can understand the board putting the future in his hands because they probably have the opinion that rebuilding will mean the incredible likelihood of finishing outside of the top four for the an unknown amount of time.
    He has done more with less than any other manager over the last 8 years ,haven't won much , but i guess they are happy with what they have done over the last 3 years . Up until tis season i could deal with that ,but that Bayern series just took the biscuit for me. I'll still back him ,but i have to question even more than ever his ability to judge the quality of a player .
    Any time i manager has the personal to beat any team out there and he puts out a team of players that just boggle the mind you have to question it.
    Especially when he did it twice in a f@cking row.
    Just thinking about it just infuriates me no end ,and i don't ever think that feeling will ever change as long as i live .
    There is no question we are out of the top four as i said a month ago .our games we have left makes that 1000% obvious. We may get something out of two games Crystal Palace and Boro no other team we play for now on do i see us beating on our form. And i'll see this ,we catch either of them other two teams on a bad/good day and they could get at least a point ,they will be confident going into them matches i know that.
    State of this mug.

    And that is what makes you a complete and utter joke on this forum.

    Congratulations.

  5. #815
    Arsenal are expected to announce on Wednesday
    that Arsene Wenger is to stay on as manager for another 2 years.

  6. #816
    16 million well worth the money!
    I'll tell you what , saw this on a paper in my local post office and it put a smile on my face .Not because i wanted him to stay ,but because i could just feel the heat from the scalps of a lot of Arsenal fans way over here in Sunny Bristol

    What i really don't understand though is the new about Santi . A key figure to our success next season who has missed almost the entire last season . Just signed a new contract but has been set back another 5 months with the same injury ffs! Maybe we might have seen how his injury progressed before putting pen paper ,i mean the FACT that he was considering retiring because of this injury should send up red flags. His mind is obviously not in the right place if this is the case not even for a full recovery. I hope they have stipulation in that contract .

  7. #817
    Where is Pokers these days?? Anyhoo, pretty pleased Wenger is staying on for another season or two, it has become a staple of the season to see Arsenal fans tear themselves apart over the old boy, I'd miss it. Funny how a cup cures a multitude of ills, suddenly everything is rosy in the garden, and Wenger can come on TV with a smile on his lips. I do wonder if the cup final had gone wrong he would have made the same decision, it would have made the upcoming season so difficult before a ball was kicked. Hypothetical of course, but I've always said Wenger can pull out a W when he needs it, and that cup final more than any other game saved his bacon.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

  8. #818
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    Where is Pokers these days?? Anyhoo, pretty pleased Wenger is staying on for another season or two, it has become a staple of the season to see Arsenal fans tear themselves apart over the old boy, I'd miss it. Funny how a cup cures a multitude of ills, suddenly everything is rosy in the garden, and Wenger can come on TV with a smile on his lips. I do wonder if the cup final had gone wrong he would have made the same decision, it would have made the upcoming season so difficult before a ball was kicked. Hypothetical of course, but I've always said Wenger can pull out a W when he needs it, and that cup final more than any other game saved his bacon.
    Wrong again coming from the man who supports a team who's biggest claim tp fame over the last 20 years has been finishing above it's rival for the first time this season!
    Perspective old chap . Wanting Wenger to stay for the turmoil in the stands is completely ignoring your own teams failure.3 FA cups in 4 seasons ! I can't imagine the euphoria at your lot if you achieved that once , right Pickles?
    I'll said it here that he would be closer to leaving if he won the FA cup ,because at least he can say he left winning something for the club,but he stayed which tells me he had NO INTENTION OF leaving ever and the board had no intention of letting him go. Because in the all reality ,the board would be faced with more fans screaming for their heads for sacking manger who finished outside of the top four for the first in his career ,for a manager who can barely make eufa cup if he he can achieve even that !

    They are not stupid up there ,that why they are rich and were are not.

  9. #819
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    Wrong again coming from the man who supports a team who's biggest claim tp fame over the last 20 years has been finishing above it's rival for the first time this season!
    Perspective old chap . Wanting Wenger to stay for the turmoil in the stands is completely ignoring your own teams failure.3 FA cups in 4 seasons ! I can't imagine the euphoria at your lot if you achieved that once , right Pickles?
    Natch mate, never said winning the FA cup is anything other than jolly good, pretty sure you'll find me saying somewhere on this forum that Tottenham should prioritise the FA cup when it became clear early in the year that Chelsea had won the league, I certainly said so on Tottenham fan forums. This current Tottenham team is very good, the manager is excellent, to see it come and go without winning something would be a crime in my books, poorer Tottenham teams have won domestic and European cups. Word of warning though mate, the last cup we won (league cup vs Chelsea), Ramos was our manager. A cup win does not equal good manager!

    Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    I'll said it here that he would be closer to leaving if he won the FA cup ,because at least he can say he left winning something for the club,but he stayed which tells me he had NO INTENTION OF leaving ever and the board had no intention of letting him go. Because in the all reality ,the board would be faced with more fans screaming for their heads for sacking manger who finished outside of the top four for the first in his career ,for a manager who can barely make eufa cup if he he can achieve even that !

    They are not stupid up there ,that why they are rich and were are not.
    I disagree, I suspect a lot of Gooners would have been happy to see the old fella finish on a winning note and go gracefully upstairs, even those in the AKB fraternity. Arsenal wont win the league again under Wenger's stewardship, feel free to throw this quote back in my face if he proves me wrong.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

  10. #820
    I'm just about done with Arsenal.

    The second I heard he's agreed a 2 year deal I threw in the towel.

    Wenger has been finished for a long time. It's not even up for debate anymore, it's just a fact.

    The only interest I have in Arsenal Football Club is watching fans spit abuse at Arsene Wenger while watching him fail.

    The fact though, that he's received a pay rise just turns the knife even harder.

    I can only hope the worse for this man in the most extreme possible way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •