Page 84 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3474838485 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arsene Wenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    I'm not an Arsene Wenger man. I'm just saying that the people who complained that Wenger never wins any trophies and only gets the so called safe place for CL that we see is not such a safe place anymore would give some respect to Wenger for what he has achieved.
    It's just common sense to most.
    You look at 3 AF cups in 4 years and it has never been done before and may never be done again .It is an unbelievable achievement in our league .
    However i think Wenger as a manager has lost grip with what it takes to compete in this league right now.
    I am torn between him going and staying as i can't see a replacement that will better what he is doing right now .
    The board definitely don't want to be mid table which is a very possible chance if they rebuild a team with anew manager .
    And even then there is no guarantee that they'll achieve even European status .
    They know the same people demanding Wenger sacked over the last 5 years will be the first ones out the door when their team , under the change they wanted are now wallowing where Liverpool had been for the last 5 years . A pathetic lot if you ask me .

I can not, for the life of me, understand how Arsene Wenger selected Chamberlain, Ozil and Sanchez for Liverpool knowing that all three have told him they don't have faith in what he's doing and want out. All while, new signings were rooted to the bench.

He has clearly lost the plot and his journey to ultimate insanity is complete.

I just don't understand how the board don't see it? What is the future plan for Arsenal? What is yhe clubs ambition?

Sanchez will join a long long list of super class players that have all had enough of Wenger's and left.

This has to be Wenger's last year at it. It's been a long 10 years of calling him out for what he is but it's surely coming to an end now.

Putting all rivalry aside I appreciate what you are saying Pokers. Any Tottenham fan with a brain (there are some of us you know ) knew this was going to be a season of "transition" for the team; new stadium and few new signings, stands to reason. Arsenal, on the other hand, don't have that excuse anymore; mature manager, mature squad, mature (by now) stadium. I am slightly surprised Arsenal haven't gone in for some quality "stoppers" in defence and midfield, I think my old mum could pinpoint that as a weakness in the current team.

Tell you what, if Arsenal get top four this season I'll make my avatar one of the Arsenal team celebrating their last league win (for two weeks only in July 2018, I'm not as daft as Steely!).
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    Putting all rivalry aside I appreciate what you are saying Pokers. Any Tottenham fan with a brain (there are some of us you know ) knew this was going to be a season of "transition" for the team; new stadium and few new signings, stands to reason. Arsenal, on the other hand, don't have that excuse anymore; mature manager, mature squad, mature (by now) stadium. I am slightly surprised Arsenal haven't gone in for some quality "stoppers" in defence and midfield, I think my old mum could pinpoint that as a weakness in the current team.

Tell you what, if Arsenal get top four this season I'll make my avatar one of the Arsenal team celebrating their last league win (for two weeks only in July 2018, I'm not as daft as Steely!).
    I stopper is indeed what we needed back there to help out and someone to cover for Coq defensively in front of that back line when or if he got injured.
    Our major issue though is the play or lack there of of Xhaka and Ozil its really that simple . They operate in an area of the pitch, which i keep saying is the most important, in the game and they are not doing their job. The balance of the work taken up by their teammates because of their ineptness is messing up the balance of our natural attacking and defensive ability. We play with 9 players and not 11 and in today's league as competitive as it is it is impossible to win like that. Wenger has to put out more productive players .Coq is out best counter attacking defender but against better teams he needs help he is not getting for Xhaka so yeah another defensive mid or preferably an attacking mid who has the speed to get back and disrupt any counters will suffice for me .
    There is no way we finish top 6 if Wenger keeps playing theses underperforming players ,there comes a time where his pride has to take a seat and bench these players he shelled out big money on.

I love that this thread is still going and the discussions are almost the same as they were years ago.

Wenger makes the owners a metric sh!t ton of money, its that simple. Until he stops doing that he will be the man in charge.

Yes. And this is why I have said that people should criticise the owners as well. Especially when Kroenke has said that he doesn't care about sporting achievements.

Not really. I don't see your point. If making money is the only objective the board have then they wouldn't allow him to have generated a HUGE wage bill. Our squad is massively infatuated. I think Joel Campbell is on his 7th loan spell or something.

I also have a good understanding that the board were massively split on Wenger being offered a new deal.

Regardless, the board have financially heavily invested to help Wenger succeed and he still fails. If money was all they're worried about they're certainly not acting like it.