Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37464748 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 540

Thread: Derby County Thread - 2012-2017 Seasons.

  1. #461
    Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers View Post
    The Rams are off oop ta Barnsley on Tuesday for their 2nd Round Caribou Cup game, Rowett has intimated that George Thorne [back from injury] and Max Bird [16 year old Academy player] could start.

    I expect that we will also see the Worm Worrier, Sam Winnall, Mason Bennett and Johnny Russell return to the starting line-up, consequently it could go either way dependent on what sort of a team Barnsley put out.
    Barnsley 3-2 Rams [Russell and Bennett]

    Rowett made 11 changes from the team that stuffed 5 past Dull City, Max Bird started and acquitted himself quite well, Thorne also started and showed some good touches but it was evident that, on the whole, he is short of actual game time, some of the others made it quite clear that they are definitely not up to Chumpionship standard.

    We led 1-0 and 2-1 but poor defending was our downfall and Barnsley deserved to get their opportunity to play at Wembley.

    Rowett now needs to get everyone fine-tuned for the game at Brizzle on Saturday, my thoughts are that we should concentrate on the league and endeavour to finish 6th or above.

  2. #462
    The latest news is that Davies and Olssen have shaken off their respective injuries and should be in the squad to face Brizzle, George Thorne came through 90 minutes against Barnsley and could also be included.

    Travelling fans and home supporters should visit the Hot Sauce Emporium in St. Nicholas' Market to stock up on Psycho Sauce to splash on their half time pies.

    Come on you Rams.

  3. #463
    Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers View Post
    The latest news is that Davies and Olssen have shaken off their respective injuries and should be in the squad to face Brizzle, George Thorne came through 90 minutes against Barnsley and could also be included.

    Travelling fans and home supporters should visit the Hot Sauce Emporium in St. Nicholas' Market to stock up on Psycho Sauce to splash on their half time pies.

    Come on you Rams.
    http://forum.football.co.uk/newreply...eply&p=1389368

    Brizzle 4-1 Rams [Vydra pen]

    Rowett called it 'embarrassing', I would have used the word 'DISGRACEFUL'.

  4. #464
    The Rams U/23s lost 0-1 to Everton U/23s, a number of 1st team squad players took part, Baird, Forsyth, Bennett and Thorne who was substituted after just 13 minutes with illness being cited as the reason, what the $*^&, if he wasn't 100% then he shouldn't have been playing.

    A further snippet of U/23 gossip, why was Farrend Rawson loaned out to Accrington Stanley and whose son is now playing in the Rawson position in the centre of defence? Far be it for me to hint that those in charge of the U/23s should be charged with 'Jobs for the family'.

  5. #465
    Ex-Palarse midfielder Joe Ledley has joined the Rams on a short term contract until January, there are rumours that he has a robin's nest in that beard.


  6. #466
    Ex-Ram Lee Carsley brings Brum to Pride Park this afternoon, he is their caretaker manager after Hairy Redcrap was given the boot, the Rams have a few injury problems with Treatment Room regular George Thorne suffering from a virus and on-song Matej Vydra who has a niggle picked up in training, the Worm Worrier is still suffering from lethargy and over-blown self esteem which will see him warming the bench once again , Keyhole has apparently spent most of the week looking at his new picture book 'Defending for 6-7 year Olds', hopefully he will have picked up a few tips, Ledley is likely to feature on the bench and then have a little cameo appearance towards the end of the game.

    I'm going for a Rams win [2-1] with Nugent and Huddlestone scoring.

  7. #467
    Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers View Post
    Ex-Ram Lee Carsley brings Brum to Pride Park this afternoon, he is their caretaker manager after Hairy Redcrap was given the boot, the Rams have a few injury problems with Treatment Room regular George Thorne suffering from a virus and on-song Matej Vydra who has a niggle picked up in training, the Worm Worrier is still suffering from lethargy and over-blown self esteem which will see him warming the bench once again , Keyhole has apparently spent most of the week looking at his new picture book 'Defending for 6-7 year Olds', hopefully he will have picked up a few tips, Ledley is likely to feature on the bench and then have a little cameo appearance towards the end of the game.

    I'm going for a Rams win [2-1] with Nugent and Huddlestone scoring.
    Rams 1-1 Brum

    Brum came for a share of the points as a minimum requirement and succeeded in their task, it was a poor game with many Rams' players performing at levels far below what is expected of them, it is pointless naming and shaming the culprits as any DCFC fan with the minimum brain cell quota can see who they are, things need to change and arses need to be kicked if we are to shake off this attitude towards games, on the plus side Winnall and Bennett exuded energy and effort when they came on for their 15/20 minutes and Winnall scored the equaliser from Bennett's cross.

    If this type of display continues then Mr Rowett is going to owe me a bottle of Cognac.

  8. #468
    Tonight the Rams are darn sarf, its another Tuesday night game against the Bees of Brentford, Rowett has promised changes and I hope he is not just referring to the strip we will be wearing.

    I would hope that Winnall may feature as it has been rumoured that Vydra is still carrying an injury which could account for his below par performance against Brum. Wisdom and Forsyth could return on the right and left of the back four and there may be a starting berth for Ledley.

    Rumours abound regarding Johnny Russell who was omitted from the squad that played Brum for 'other reasons', he has been the subject of much criticism from the 'fans' and I must agree his displays have not been up to his normal standards but you can always guarantee that he will give 100% for however many minutes he is on the pitch.

    I hope that the Worm Worrier will not be in the starting line-up as the greatest effort he brings to the team is when he shrugs his shoulders when having one of his mardy tantrums.

    We live in hope. I'm going for a 1-2 win for the Rams.

  9. #469
    Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers View Post
    Tonight the Rams are darn sarf, its another Tuesday night game against the Bees of Brentford, Rowett has promised changes and I hope he is not just referring to the strip we will be wearing.

    I would hope that Winnall may feature as it has been rumoured that Vydra is still carrying an injury which could account for his below par performance against Brum. Wisdom and Forsyth could return on the right and left of the back four and there may be a starting berth for Ledley.

    Rumours abound regarding Johnny Russell who was omitted from the squad that played Brum for 'other reasons', he has been the subject of much criticism from the 'fans' and I must agree his displays have not been up to his normal standards but you can always guarantee that he will give 100% for however many minutes he is on the pitch.

    I hope that the Worm Worrier will not be in the starting line-up as the greatest effort he brings to the team is when he shrugs his shoulders when having one of his mardy tantrums.

    We live in hope. I'm going for a 1-2 win for the Rams.
    Bees 1-1 Rams [Ledley]

    Bennett, Ledley, Wisdom, Winnall and Forsyth all started for the Rams but in the 13th minute injury caused Bennett to go off to be replaced by Weimann.

    The Bees dominated in the possession stakes but it was the Rams who went ahead through Ledley in the 16th minute, they hung on creating few chances until the 86th minute when Watkins equalised for the Bees, once again a lack of concentration and inept defending let them down.

    On Saturday we visit the Daffodil Munchers who now top the Chumpionship table, if last night's performance is repeated we could be in for a severe tonking.

    Thank God for Cognac.

  10. #470
    Daffodil Munchers 0-0 Rams

    I know, it is hard to believe but your eyes do not deceive you, the Rams kept a clean sheet.

    If I remember correctly the stats showed that the Daffodil Munchers had 3 shots on target and the Rams 2 with the Rams also edging the possession stakes 47-53, so you get the picture, two teams nullifying each other's efforts and both sets of strikers achieving very little. Johnson picked up another yellow card and he misses the game against the Red Scum from down at the other end of Brian Clough Way.

    Hopefully during the international break Rowett will paint the goalposts at the Moor Farm Training Complex in gaudy dayglow colours so that the squad will know where they are supposed to put the ball, perhaps he could also fit the players with some sort of electronic device so that if their concentration lapses or they pass to someone not on their team he can press a button to give them an electric shock, sadistic but definitely necessary for certain players.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •