Page 1 of 47 1211 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby County Thread - 2012-2017 Seasons.

Derby County Thread - 2012-2017 Seasons.

I hope you don't mind me starting this thread for the coming season.

The revolving door has started turning at Pride Park with goalkeeper James Severn [caps for England u/17] signing for Scunthorpe United.

Lee Croft, Miles Addison, Chris Maguire do not appear to figure in Nigel Clough's plans and it has also been stated that midfielder James Bailey could be up for grabs.

Today many Rams fans were stunned by the news that Steve Davies has turned down a new contract indicating 'for family reasons', personally I will be sorry to see him leave as he is far superior to Tosspot Tyson and Teflon Robinson.

One of our correspondents in Northampton [Uncle Tom Cobbler] reports that the Rams are in pole position in the chase for 20 year old midfielder Michael Jacobs.

Manager Nigel Clough has indicated that goalkeeper Saul Deeney is close to returning from a serious shoulder injury which kept him on the sidelines for the whole of last season and intimates that he or Adam Legzdins will spend some of the coming season out on loan.

Re: Derby County Thread - 2012/2013 Season.

Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers
    I hope you don't mind me starting this thread for the coming season.

The revolving door has started turning at Pride Park with goalkeeper James Severn [caps for England u/17] signing for Scunthorpe United.

Lee Croft, Miles Addison, Chris Maguire do not appear to figure in Nigel Clough's plans and it has also been stated that midfielder James Bailey could be up for grabs.

Today many Rams fans were stunned by the news that Steve Davies has turned down a new contract indicating 'for family reasons', personally I will be sorry to see him leave as he is far superior to Tosspot Tyson and Teflon Robinson.
    steve davis has been linked with leeds since turning down the contract offer...oh knabby you wouldnt like that now

We have a pre-season friendly against Blunderland on Wednesday night and it will be my first opportunity to get a look at our new signings, Jacobs from Northampton, Coutts from PNE, Keogh from Coffintree and Des O'Connor from Donny. Nigel has indicated that he will be making his formulation for the starting line-up and that want-away striker Steve Davies could make his first appearance in the pre-season games.

Our Capital One Cup campaign starts against Scunny at Pride Park on Tuesday 14th August and we will be minus Jamie Ward and Jeff Hendrick who will be away on international duty with Ireland.

The first Championship game is against the Wendies who have already sold their 6,000 ticket allocation and have asked for more so it could be a near capacity crowd to get the season underway.

I'm hoping to see our players giving nothing less than 100% and warranting the support they get from the Derby fans, EXCELLENCE IS EXPECTED, FAILURE IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers
    We have a pre-season friendly against Blunderland on Wednesday night and it will be my first opportunity to get a look at our new signings, Jacobs from Northampton, Coutts from PNE, Keogh from Coffintree and Des O'Connor from Donny. Nigel has indicated that he will be making his formulation for the starting line-up and that want-away striker Steve Davies could make his first appearance in the pre-season games.

Our Capital One Cup campaign starts against Scunny at Pride Park on Tuesday 14th August and we will be minus Jamie Ward and Jeff Hendrick who will be away on international duty with Ireland.

The first Championship game is against the Wendies who have already sold their 6,000 ticket allocation and have asked for more so it could be a near capacity crowd to get the season underway.

I'm hoping to see our players giving nothing less than 100% and warranting the support they get from the Derby fans, EXCELLENCE IS EXPECTED, FAILURE IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!
    A typical pre-season friendly, the high point as far as I'm concerned was the contribution from 17 year old Will Hughes in midfield as Bryson was carrying a slight niggle and so not included, in the 63 minutes he was on the field he wasted just one pass and left numerous Blunderland players sprawling as his skill and guile shone like a beacon.

It is early days and obviously the new signings have to settle in but my initial thoughts on Keogh, Coutts and Jacobs are that substantial improvement is required before they attain the standards expected of those who wear our shirt.

Teflon Robinson tore around the pitch in his headless chicken style and achieved little and Tosspot Tyson took over his mantle when he replaced the imperious Hughes on 63 minutes, McLean scored for Blunderland after 73 minutes following decidedly dodgy Derby defending and Tosspot levelled the tie after 81 minutes with a glancing header, this was his first goal in a Rams shirt, I must work out how many games it has taken him and then consult the fixture list for next season to see when the next will come.

Colback is a niggly, annoying twat of a player and was fortunate that the referee [E. Ilderton] was from Whine & Tear, some of his tackles would have been more suited to a Victorian farmhand wielding a scythe at haymaking.

The Rams U/21 team met the DYS in the first game in the new league, like the first team in their first game they let a 2 goal lead slip and ended with a 2-2 draw, new signings Freeman, Gjogac [sp], Hoganson and Jacobs all started.

In the second U/21 League game Derby beat Fester 3-2.

No ins or outs on the final day of the Transfer Window, it would appear that Nigel will persevere with his 18 man/boy squad, fingers and legs crossed that we avoid injuries and suspensions.

I'm looking for 3 points against Zola's mercenaries [aka Watford] today, hopefully Codhead Sammon will open his account, no team news at this time.

Sheffield Wendies U/21 1-2 Rams U/21

The Rams goals were scored by Teflon Robinson and Yank Connie Doyle.

Last night's U/21 fixture against the Bonsai Bashers at the Sh1tty Ground was cancelled due to A WATERLOGGED PITCH, this does not bode well for the 1st XI fixture against them on Saturday if the the rain continues falling, perhaps we should challenge them at water polo!!

A 2-2 draw against Boro at their 2/3rds empty Riverside Old Folks Home shakes off the jinx at this ground, 13.377 is a disgraceful attendance even for an evening game, I know times are hard but was this pathetic attendance due more to the fact that Boro are unattractive to watch, my pal who went to the game reckons they were so boring that he could hear sounds of snoring from their 'supporters'.

Nigel started Tosspot Tyson and Teflon Robinson in place of Codhead Sammon and the injured Jamie Ward, other than scoring the penalty Teflon did little to cement a claim for a starting place against Brighton on Saturday and Tosspot's contribution was negligible, I would be inclined to play Jacobs on the left and let 17 year old Will Hughes play off Sammon.

16 year old Mason Bennett has once again been called up to the England U/17 squad.