Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 415051

Thread: Derby County Thread - 2012-2017 Seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers View Post
    The Rams are Tykeing a trip to Barnsley tomorrow, hopefully there will be minimal snow for the travelling fans. I'm going for a Rams win..............

Tykes 1-3 Rams [Weimann, Vydra [2]]

..............there is little news coming out of Moor Farm regarding injuries other than Johnson and Shackell are back in training at various levels.

Other news: A couple of the red-top rags have touted that the Dogheads are interested in signing the Worm Worrier with a tag of 6million being bandied about, if this is fact then snatch their hands off Mr Rowett.
    Apparently Lawrence will have a fitness test to determine whether he is fit [fitness wise ] to participate in the Barnsley conflict.

Tykes 0-3 Rams [Lawrence 39, Vydra 44 and Weimann78]

Scott Carson had his Superman costume under his keeper's kit and made a couple of tremendous saves to help the Rams keep a clean sheet, Lawrence was injured just before half-time and was replaced by Russell for the second half, a precautionary measure as ligament damage was suspected.

Weimann's hard work was rewarded when he scored the 3rd goal with a powerful drive from the edge of the box, once again Vydra proved what a clever player he is, if he gets a sniff of the goal then opponents should beware, 17 shots on goal and 13 goals this season isn't a bad statistic.

Next Saturday Vanilla are the visitors to Pride Park, hopefully Mr Potato Head will go back down the M42 with no points and an even more miserable look on his face.

Last night, in snowy conditions, the Rams U/18s progressed in the League Cup against Manure U/18s, the score was 2-2 at full-time with the Rams having led 1-0 and 2-1 only to be pegged back by talented, hard working opponents, on to penalties and the Rams keeper saved the first 3, the Rams ran out 3-1 winners and the celebrations began, the joy on the young Rams faces said it all, credit to all of the players getting a win over the mighty Manure.

Mr Potato Head's Aston Vanilla come to Pride Park today, the only confirmed Rams' injury news is that Lawrence is unlikely to feature, Russell, Winnall and Johnson are all candidates to take his slot, my personal preference is for Russell to play as he will give 100% and his pace could help to undo the Vanilla defence. It looks like the Worm Worrier will get the nod in front of Nugent, this concerns me because if things are not going his way he tends to fade into obscurity whereas Nugent puts himself about and I think would be a better foil for Vydra, I'm going for a Rams win............

Rams 2-1 Vanilla

...........Vydra and Ledley to score.

Last night the Rams U/23s drew 3-3 with The Arse, they threw away a 1-3 lead late on with some poor defending, constantly having different team line-ups certainly doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers View Post
    Mr Potato Head's Aston Vanilla come to Pride Park today, the only confirmed Rams' injury news is that Lawrence is unlikely to feature, Russell, Winnall and Johnson are all candidates to take his slot, my personal preference is for Russell to play as he will give 100% and his pace could help to undo the Vanilla defence. It looks like the Worm Worrier will get the nod in front of Nugent, this concerns me because if things are not going his way he tends to fade into obscurity whereas Nugent puts himself about and I think would be a better foil for Vydra, I'm going for a Rams win............

Rams 2-1 Vanilla

...........Vydra and Ledley to score.

Last night the Rams U/23s drew 3-3 with The Arse, they threw away a 1-3 lead late on with some poor defending, constantly having different team line-ups certainly doesn't help.
    Rams 2-0 Vanilla

Trust bloody Keyhole to mess my score prediction up, the prat headed a certain Vanilla goal off the line I'm sure that Andi Weimann enjoyed slotting home against his former employers and Johnny Russell completed the victory with a well taken goal in the 90th minute, needless to say Mr Potato Head was none too pleased.

Our 4th place was consolidated a bit more, pity the Red Scum couldn't grab a draw against Brizzle, if they had we would be up to 3rd, ah well I suppose we have to be generous to the less fortunate during the festered season.