Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby County Thread - 2012-2017 Seasons.

Last night, in snowy conditions, the Rams U/18s progressed in the League Cup against Manure U/18s, the score was 2-2 at full-time with the Rams having led 1-0 and 2-1 only to be pegged back by talented, hard working opponents, on to penalties and the Rams keeper saved the first 3, the Rams ran out 3-1 winners and the celebrations began, the joy on the young Rams faces said it all, credit to all of the players getting a win over the mighty Manure.

Mr Potato Head's Aston Vanilla come to Pride Park today, the only confirmed Rams' injury news is that Lawrence is unlikely to feature, Russell, Winnall and Johnson are all candidates to take his slot, my personal preference is for Russell to play as he will give 100% and his pace could help to undo the Vanilla defence. It looks like the Worm Worrier will get the nod in front of Nugent, this concerns me because if things are not going his way he tends to fade into obscurity whereas Nugent puts himself about and I think would be a better foil for Vydra, I'm going for a Rams win............

Rams 2-1 Vanilla

...........Vydra and Ledley to score.

Last night the Rams U/23s drew 3-3 with The Arse, they threw away a 1-3 lead late on with some poor defending, constantly having different team line-ups certainly doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers View Post
    Mr Potato Head's Aston Vanilla come to Pride Park today, the only confirmed Rams' injury news is that Lawrence is unlikely to feature, Russell, Winnall and Johnson are all candidates to take his slot, my personal preference is for Russell to play as he will give 100% and his pace could help to undo the Vanilla defence. It looks like the Worm Worrier will get the nod in front of Nugent, this concerns me because if things are not going his way he tends to fade into obscurity whereas Nugent puts himself about and I think would be a better foil for Vydra, I'm going for a Rams win............

Rams 2-1 Vanilla

...........Vydra and Ledley to score.

Last night the Rams U/23s drew 3-3 with The Arse, they threw away a 1-3 lead late on with some poor defending, constantly having different team line-ups certainly doesn't help.
    Rams 2-0 Vanilla

Trust bloody Keyhole to mess my score prediction up, the prat headed a certain Vanilla goal off the line I'm sure that Andi Weimann enjoyed slotting home against his former employers and Johnny Russell completed the victory with a well taken goal in the 90th minute, needless to say Mr Potato Head was none too pleased.

Our 4th place was consolidated a bit more, pity the Red Scum couldn't grab a draw against Brizzle, if they had we would be up to 3rd, ah well I suppose we have to be generous to the less fortunate during the festered season.

On Tuesday night the Rams U/23s lost 0-1 to a useful Dinamo Zagreb U/23 side, the game was played at St George's Park and the only goal of the game came after a poor back pass by Bennett was intercepted by Zagreb.

The Rams should have levelled the scores late on but after a fine jinking run interspersed with a couple of one-two's Max Lowe shot into the Zagreb keeper's arms when clear on goal.

Millwall come to Pride Park on Saturday and I can't say that I am looking forward to being in the same ground as some of their despicable supporters, every club has its morons but Millwall are one of the clubs who have over the years had more than their fair share of them.

I don't see us keeping a clean sheet in this one, however I think we will come away with 3 points, I'm going for Rams 2-1 millwall with Vydra and Nugent scoring for the Rams. Hopefully we will come out of the game free of injury and yellow/red cards.

Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers View Post
    Millwall come to Pride Park on Saturday and I can't say that I am looking forward to being in the same ground as some of their despicable supporters, every club has its morons but Millwall are one of the clubs who have over the years had more than their fair share of them.

I don't see us keeping a clean sheet in this one, however I think we will come away with 3 points, I'm going for Rams 2-1 millwall with Vydra and Nugent scoring for the Rams. Hopefully we will come out of the game free of injury and yellow/red cards.
    The latest on the injury front is that Weimann trained from Wednesday and Lawrence from Thursday, the latter remains the only doubt but I expect to see him on the bench at least, the manager has hinted that there will be a certain amount of necessary squad rotation over the millwall, Hull and Dipswich games, as long as he doesn't go overboard with Worm Worrier game time I will be happy.

Come on you RAMS.

OK I forecast a 2-1 Rams win, well there were 3 goals in the game and it was the mighty Rams who scored 'em all, this week it was Scott Carson who spoiled my forecast, surely, on current form, he must be the best English goalkeeper playing in any of the UK leagues, week after week he pulls off wonder saves to keep our opponents at bay.

Despite early pressure from millwall the Rams withstood their attacking forays and gradually came more into the game and then in 5 minutes midway through the first half Nugent [2] and Vydra produced 3 goals of super quality to silence their foul-mouthed supporters. In the second period millwall continued to press but the Rams defence and particularly Carson ensured that they went home pointless.

On Boxing Day we travel to Dull City and I expect some team changes, news on these will be posted when I receive info from my HP/Daddies.

merry_christmas4.gif

A very Merry Christmas to all football fans everywhere [even the Red Scum, DYS and millwall], if you are driving to watch your team play during this Festered Season please stay safe.

Dull City 0-0 Rams

A scrappy game with neither side taking advantage of goal opportunities, a win would have seen us in 2nd place in the league, the draw drops us down to 4th.

Onwards and upwards, its Dipswich on Saturday and we need to ensure that Charlie McCarthy doesn't have a smug grin on his face at the final whistle, I expect Rowett to make a few changes as some of the players are looking a tad jaded.
    Last edited by knabby crackers; 29-12-2017 at 10:36 AM.

After much deliberation I'm going for a draw tomorrow in the game against McCarthy's thugs, I reckon it will be...........

Dipswich 1-1 Rams [Huddlestone]

............... I reckon we might see Rowett start the Worm Worrier and possibly Winnall saving Vydra and Nugent for Monday's game against the Blunts from Sheffield.

Come on you Rams.