Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby County Thread - 2012-2017 Seasons.

The Rams were in Spain yesterday to play Real Union Cirun in the inaugural Steve Bloomer Trophy, Steve Bloomer was born in Cradley in 1874 and died in Derby in 1938, he had two spells at Derby [1892-1905 and 1910-1913] and was quite a prolific score [332 in 525 games] and was an England international.

Later in his career he took over as the coach of Real Irun and is revered there just as much as he is in Derby and this trophy in his name was the idea of their board, we sent our U/23 side to play a side consisting of youth and first team squad players. The Rams triumphed with a 1-2 win over Real, the scorers were Alex Cover and Lewis Walker [son of Des Walker], so we are the first holders of the trophy, I understand that next year's game will be played at Pride Park.

My grandfather was a friend of Steve Bloomer and as a young man I was enthralled by his tales of their friendship and the tight scrapes they got into even Steve and grandad Sam drinking before a match and Sam having to try and sober Steve up and get him to the Baseball Ground in time for the match.

1.15pm on Sunday the Rams face the Red Scum from the wrong end of Brian Clough Way [aka the A52], this is a must win game for DCFC and I'm keeping my fingers and legs crossed that Rowett doesn't make any stupid team changes such as starting with the Worm Worrier up front, Nugent, Vydra and Winnall must take preference so hopefully he will be sitting on the bench reading his Vermiculture for Beginners book.

There is no news on any new injuries filtering through from Pride Park so hopefully we will have a full squad [minus Shackell] to select from and hopefully all of the squad will be in the right frame of mind to put the Treetards to the sword.

Rams 2-0 Red Scum

Shottingham Police are checking the River Trent for bodies and all shops in the city have sold out of tissues.

The Wendies come to Pride Park on Saturday, I'm hoping we can get back to back home wins and stabilize our league position, some players are carrying knocks but there is no new information on likely absentees. Bradley Johnson has completed his suspension but I don't expect to see him in the starting XI, I think that Rowett will field the team that beat the Red Scum subject to them all being fit.

Our U/23s beat top of the table Liverpool U/23s 2-0 at St George's Park with Max Lowe, Jamie Hanson and Charles Vernam returning after long-term injuries, great news for the lads and Charles topped his return off with one of the goals, if our Academy players can keep clear of injuries we have some very good prospects in the pipeline.

Apparently Keyhole has been getting attention in the [much too comfortable] treatment room but is expected to be fit for the Wendies encounter, I'm going for a 2-1 Rams win with Russell and Vydra scoring.

Come on you RAMS!!

Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers View Post
    Apparently Keyhole has been getting attention in the [much too comfortable] treatment room but is expected to be fit for the Wendies encounter, I'm going for a 2-1 Rams win with Russell and Vydra scoring.

Come on you RAMS!!
    Rams 2-0 Wendies

The Wendies were reduced to 10 men after 4 minutes when Loovens was red-carded for tripping Vydra in the box, however, it seemed that the Rams were the 10 man team the way the game went in the first half, things improved in the second period and if chances had been take we could easily have had 4 goals.

Back to back home wins and up to 8th in the Chumpionship, off to Ooh-at Land next week to play Delia's Darlings, hopefully will have a word with some of our players about passing to a team-mate and not over complicating what is basically a simple game.

My forecast for today's game is ..............

Delia's Darlings 1-2 Rams [Vydra and Nugent]

............ooh-ah, ooh-ah!!

My forecast for today's game is ..............

Delia's Darlings 1-2 Rams [Vydra and Nugent]

............ooh-ah, ooh-ah!!

Delia's Darlings 1-2 Rams [Nugent and Winnall]

OK so I got one of the scorers wrong, I'm not perfect, almost but not quite!!

On to Tuesday when we venture into Yarksher to, hopefully, stick it up the DYS.

Bellend Road here we come, travelling fans are advised to use the B roads to avoid confrontations with Yarksher [DYS] Border Control . Russell is still having treatment for a groin injury and is unlikely to travel, Rowett may make changes with Winnall starting, possibly in place of Vydra but hopefully he will resist the temptation to give a starting berth to the Worm Worrier.

Fingers and legs crossed folks.

Bellend Road here we come, travelling fans are advised to use the B roads to avoid confrontations with Yarksher [DYS] Border Control . Russell is still having treatment for a groin injury and is unlikely to travel, Rowett may make changes with Winnall starting, possibly in place of Vydra but hopefully he will resist the temptation to give a starting berth to the Worm Worrier.

Fingers and legs crossed folks.
    DYS 1-2 Rams [Winnall 2]

The Rams went behind after 7 minutes because Huddlestone was dispossessed whilst contemplating his navel, however the 'Defeat is not an option' attitude saw them take all 3 points when Winnall slotted home after fine work by Forsyth, Winnall completed the scoreline when he scored from the spot after Lawrence was fouled in the area.

There are still some rough edges to smooth but Rowett seems to be getting most things right and the Rams are now up to 5th in the Chumpionship, Reading visit Pride Park on Saturday fresh from their drubbing of the Red Scum.