Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby County Thread - 2012-2017 Seasons.

Bellend Road here we come, travelling fans are advised to use the B roads to avoid confrontations with Yarksher [DYS] Border Control . Russell is still having treatment for a groin injury and is unlikely to travel, Rowett may make changes with Winnall starting, possibly in place of Vydra but hopefully he will resist the temptation to give a starting berth to the Worm Worrier.

Fingers and legs crossed folks.

Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers View Post
    Bellend Road here we come, travelling fans are advised to use the B roads to avoid confrontations with Yarksher [DYS] Border Control . Russell is still having treatment for a groin injury and is unlikely to travel, Rowett may make changes with Winnall starting, possibly in place of Vydra but hopefully he will resist the temptation to give a starting berth to the Worm Worrier.

DYS 1-2 Rams [Winnall 2]

The Rams went behind after 7 minutes because Huddlestone was dispossessed whilst contemplating his navel, however the 'Defeat is not an option' attitude saw them take all 3 points when Winnall slotted home after fine work by Forsyth, Winnall completed the scoreline when he scored from the spot after Lawrence was fouled in the area.

There are still some rough edges to smooth but Rowett seems to be getting most things right and the Rams are now up to 5th in the Chumpionship, Reading visit Pride Park on Saturday fresh from their drubbing of the Red Scum.

The Rams host Reading tomorrow, the news on the lame and limping is that Russell [groin] and Nugent [illness] should be available for selection, Shackell is still a way off from being match fit whilst Bennett is doing supervised light training, Vydra has apparently shaken off the niggle/knock that saw him dropped to the bench against the DYS.

I'm going for a Rams win.......

Rams 2-1 Reading

..........Winnall and Nugent to score.

I've got my best Wilton Prayer Mat out and have been praying that Rowett reverts the Worm Worrier to Assistant Water Carrier.

The Rams host Reading tomorrow, the news on the lame and limping is that Russell [groin] and Nugent [illness] should be available for selection, Shackell is still a way off from being match fit whilst Bennett is doing supervised light training, Vydra has apparently shaken off the niggle/knock that saw him dropped to the bench against the DYS.

I'm going for a Rams win.......

Rams 2-1 Reading

..........Winnall and Nugent to score.

I've got my best Wilton Prayer Mat out and have been praying that Rowett reverts the Worm Worrier to Assistant Water Carrier.
    We were second best from the first whistle, when 9 of the 11 look as though they have never played at Chumpionship level before you know you have got problems, losing Keyhole after 6 minutes didn't help but the root cause was an inept display by the Rams.

I won't be directing blame towards ex-PL referee Keith Stroud, however he was his usual crap self and today he may be suffering from something akin to tennis elbow from flashing yellow cards right, left and centre, what a twat!!

Apparently Gary Rowett has won the EFL Chumpionship Manager of the month Award for October, hopefully the curse that seems to go with it will pass us by.

Darren Bent and Mason Bennett are back in [almost] full training whereas Jason Shackell is still enjoying the comforts of the treatment room, meanwhile the local Derby paper [sourced and printed in Shottingham] the Derby Telegraph have been asking readers who they think will be sold [or be given away] in January as obviously our squad is over populated. Included in the 'sell/give away' list are Anya, Weimann, Shackell, Roos, Olsson, Pearce and Baird, so if any of the Premier League scouts that read my DCFC comments are interested get in quick as there is likely to be a rush for these players.

We're off 'Darn Sarf' on Saturday to Craven Cottage [is it still called that?] and hopefully the manager will resist the temptation to start with the Worm Worrier who was on loan there last season and at one point, allegedly withdrew his 'labour', apparently Vydra has trained this week and has shown no adverse effects from his injury, as we head towards another transfer window we may see certain players putting in a 'bit more effort' in the hope of not being touted in the January Sales.

My forecast for this game will come later after I receive info from my HP/Daddies and when I've had chance to consult my crystal brandy glass.

We're off 'Darn Sarf' on Saturday to Craven Cottage [is it still called that?] and hopefully the manager will resist the temptation to start with the Worm Worrier who was on loan there last season and at one point, allegedly withdrew his 'labour', apparently Vydra has trained this week and has shown no adverse effects from his injury, as we head towards another transfer window we may see certain players putting in a 'bit more effort' in the hope of not being touted in the January Sales.

My forecast for this game will come later after I receive info from my HP/Daddies and when I've had chance to consult my crystal brandy glass.
    Apparently there are doubts over the fitness of Russell, Johnson and Keyhole although the latter pair are considered likely to feature, Lawrence returned from his goal-scoring game with Wales with a dead-leg but the manager says that he is almost certain to start.

All of these factors considered I am going for a share of the points, I reckon we will see a 1-1 draw with Nugent scoring for the Rams.

Apparently there are doubts over the fitness of Russell, Johnson and Keyhole although the latter pair are considered likely to feature, Lawrence returned from his goal-scoring game with Wales with a dead-leg but the manager says that he is almost certain to start.

All of these factors considered I am going for a share of the points, I reckon we will see a 1-1 draw with Nugent scoring for the Rams.

There you go...............

Fulham 1-1 Rams

........what did I forecast, yes 1-1, OK I got the scorer wrong, as I may have mentioned before 'I'm not perfect', well not quite.

Tonight I shall be dining on QPR a la Zamora on toast to celebrate a win for DCFC...........

Rams 3-1 QPR

..............the Rams' scorers will be Vydra, Nugent and Winnall/Lawrence [depending on which one plays], Johnson could miss out on this one and I would not be surprised to see the manager go for a very attack minded line-up.

Come on you RAMS!!