Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40495051 LastLast

Thread: Derby County Thread - 2012-2017 Seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers View Post
    Tonight I shall be dining on QPR a la Zamora on toast to celebrate a win for DCFC...........

Rams 3-1 QPR

..............the Rams' scorers will be Vydra, Nugent and Winnall/Lawrence [depending on which one plays], Johnson could miss out on this one and I would not be surprised to see the manager go for a very attack minded line-up.

Come on you RAMS!!
    Rams 2-0 QPR

Winnall turned his ankle in training so wasn't in the squad, as expected Johnson did not feature and Weimann slotted in and put in a MOTM performance, he assisted in both goals the first after a lung-busting run he squared the ball across the box for Vydra to slot home. For the second he was once again the provider enabling Lawrence to register his first goal in a Rams' shirt.

Academy product Luke Thomas made a 8 minute cameo debut before the final whistle.

Off to the lifeless Riverside Stadium on Saturday, hopefully we can maintain the momentum and come away with at least a share of the points.

Will the Rams be rockin' at the Riverside?

After much cogitation and rubbing of my crystal Cognac glass I have decided that we will share the points, I'm going for ................

Boro 1-1 Rams [Vydra]

.............Winnall will still be missing from the squad along with Johnson, Bent and Bennett could both be on the bench after lengthy residences in the treatment room.

Come on you Rams.

Will the Rams be rockin' at the Riverside?

After much cogitation and rubbing of my crystal Cognac glass I have decided that we will share the points, I'm going for ................

Boro 1-1 Rams [Vydra]

.............Winnall will still be missing from the squad along with Johnson, Bent and Bennett could both be on the bench after lengthy residences in the treatment room.

Come on you Rams.
    Having played for the U/23s against Fester last night both Bent and Bennett will not feature against Boro, Academy players Luke Thomas and Charles Vernam are include in the matchday squad.

Rams U/23s 0-2 Fester U/23s, numerous changes were made to the Rams team and the result was a disjointed and disappointing display.

Boro 0-3 Rams

Our first half domination was spasmodic but the goal machine that is Matej Vydra put us ahead with his 10th goal of the season, straight after the break he scored his 11th from the spot after Ayala committed yet another matchday balls-up, Matej's 12th was an early Christmas gift from Boro keeper Randolph, so much for my prediction of a shared points game.

Charlie McCarthy brings his John Deere's to Pride Park tonight, fortunately they will be without Mick Goldbrick who has a bad habit of scoring against us, any road up I'm going for a Rams win to strengthen our place in the play-off zone.............

Rams 2-1 Tractor Boys

...........our scorers will be Nugent and Vydra.

At this time there are no additional injury problems, Shackell and Winnall are both still enjoying the luxuries of the treatment room.

Charlie McCarthy brings his John Deere's to Pride Park tonight, fortunately they will be without Mick Goldbrick who has a bad habit of scoring against us, any road up I'm going for a Rams win to strengthen our place in the play-off zone.............

Rams 2-1 Tractor Boys

...........our scorers will be Nugent and Vydra.

At this time there are no additional injury problems, Shackell and Winnall are both still enjoying the luxuries of the treatment room.
    Rams 0-1 Dipswich

If you don't take your chances you don't win games, we had 4 reasonably easy and 2 difficult chances to score and didn't, Dipswich scored courtesy of goal-line video technology.

Dipswich are possibly the crudest team to come to Pride Park this season and referee Scott Duncan let them get away some of the most blatant fouls I have witnessed at Pride Park, Charlie McCarthy has his squad well trained in the sly, and not so sly pushes, the 'kick him on the ankle bone' and the 'get him and the ball' tackles. We must become more 'streetwise' and dish out some of the same to opponents if we are to get out of this league, if we don't then we are destined for Chumpionship mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

The Brewers from Burton are the opponents on Saturday and my old friend Nigel will have them tuned in and raring to go, Rowett has already mentioned that changes are likely I just hope that he is not anticipating that the Worm Worrier will be our saviour, I reckon that Russell might replace Weimann and Thorne may come in for Huddlestone.

Latest News: Joe Ledley has signed a new 18 month contract extension which will see him through to the summer of 2019.

No new info on the team at the moment, I'm going for a Rams win......

Rams 2-0 Brewers

.........Vydra and Russell to score.

Rams 2-0 Brewers

Latest injury news - Winnall and Johnson back in training but unlikely to feature against Burton.

Last night DCFC U/23s 2-1 Boro U/23s, Bent and Shackell both played so they will not feature today for the 1st team.

Rams 2-0 Brewers

Rams 1-0 Brewers

They had 8 or 9 players behind the ball for most of the 90 minutes and we huffed and puffed in the final third, it took a moment of brilliance from substitute Johnny Russell to break the deadlock.

As a reward for getting 3 points Rowett has given the players Sunday, Monday and Tuesday off, it is rumoured it is so that they can get their Christmas presents for him.

The Rams are Tykeing a trip to Barnsley tomorrow, hopefully there will be minimal snow for the travelling fans. I'm going for a Rams win..............

Tykes 1-3 Rams [Weimann, Vydra [2]]

..............there is little news coming out of Moor Farm regarding injuries other than Johnson and Shackell are back in training at various levels.

Other news: A couple of the red-top rags have touted that the Dogheads are interested in signing the Worm Worrier with a tag of 6million being bandied about, if this is fact then snatch their hands off Mr Rowett.