Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343525354 LastLast

Thread: Derby County Thread - 2012-2017 Seasons.

Rams U/23s 3-3 Swansea U/23s

Another much changed team was fielded at St. George's Park, with so many Academy players going out on loan Anya, Shackell and Bennett were included, Swansea went ahead early but the Rams drew level with a delightful header from Bennett from a pinpointed cross from Anya after sustained pressure, Swansea then proceeded to pick holes in the Rams' defence and soon led by 3 goals to 1. Fortunately the U/23s seem to have bought into the first team's resilient 'defeat is not an option' approach and they slung everything at Swansea reaping just rewards via an own goal and a deflected effort from the hard working Luke Thomas.

Well done lads.

Cameron Jerome has signed for the Rams on an 18 month deal, the fee is rumoured to be about 1.5million.

It is rumoured that Blunderland are interested in signing the Worm Worrier.

Tomorrow night we host Brizzle at Pride Park, Jerome and Ledley will be in the squad but there are still doubts over Lawrence's fitness/injury however I am forecasting a Rams' win..............

Rams 2-1 Brizzle

.............I expect Vydra to add to his tally and Russell to complete the scoring.

Come on you RAMS!!

Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers View Post
    It is rumoured that Blunderland are interested in signing the Worm Worrier.

Tomorrow night we host Brizzle at Pride Park, Jerome and Ledley will be in the squad but there are still doubts over Lawrence's fitness/injury however I am forecasting a Rams' win..............

Rams 2-1 Brizzle

.............I expect Vydra to add to his tally and Russell to complete the scoring.

Come on you RAMS!!
    Rams 0-0 Brizzle

A below par performance from the Rams against a useful Brizzle side, the Rams had obviously left their shooting boots in the dressing room although a goalbound header from Davies was cleared off the line by Flint with his keeper well beaten, Russell clipped the bar with a free kick and debutant Cameron Jerome was denied a solid penalty by the thoroughly incompetent referee [Darren England], both sides suffered from some very substandard refereeing.

Owner Mel Morris is treating the Rams to some warm weather training in Dubai [?], lets hope they don't come back to freezing temperatures and all go down with Aussie Flu.

Academy player Charles Vernam has join Grimsby Town on loan until the end of the season.
    Charles scored Grimsby's goal in the 1-1 draw with Colchester.

Rams U/23s 7 - 2 Brum U/23s

Lewis Walker [son of Des] scored 4 of the goals in the rout.

Baron Dent has joined Burton Albion on loan for the remainder of the season.

Wigan, Noblot and Pompey are all said to be interested in taking the versatile Jamie Hanson on loan, he has played a number of games for the 1st eleven and was on loan at Wigan last season.

Rams Academy player Timi Max Elsnik returned to the Swindon team after an injury lay-off and came off the bench and scored 2 goals, this lad is a real prospect and hopefully, next season, he will be given his chance to show his ability for the Rams, well done Timi.

DCFC NEWS: Johnny Russell's contract runs out in July, he has turned down a new one as he wants to venture over The Pond and try his luck in the MLS, he has been criticised by some Rams fans [not me] but was never lacking in effort, even when he failed to achieve the standards he set himself, good luck to a genuine young man.

Tomorrow we enter the lion's den when we trek dahn sarf for a game against Millwall, they are not one of my favourite teams and Neil Harris has tutored his players in the traditional Millwall mould of if you can't get the ball get the player, hopefully we will come away with 3 points and no injuries, I'm going for............

Millwall 1-2 Rams [Russell 2]

.............the Worm Worrier is still contemplating his navel and is no nearer to moving out on loan.

DCFC NEWS: Johnny Russell's contract runs out in July, he has turned down a new one as he wants to venture over The Pond and try his luck in the MLS, he has been criticised by some Rams fans [not me] but was never lacking in effort, even when he failed to achieve the standards he set himself, good luck to a genuine young man.

Tomorrow we enter the lion's den when we trek dahn sarf for a game against Millwall, they are not one of my favourite teams and Neil Harris has tutored his players in the traditional Millwall mould of if you can't get the ball get the player, hopefully we will come away with 3 points and no injuries, I'm going for............

Millwall 1-2 Rams [Russell 2]

.............the Worm Worrier is still contemplating his navel and is no nearer to moving out on loan.
    Apparently, as there is a fee involved Johnny will be leaving at the end of January.

Blunderland have blown the Worm Worrier loan move out of the water due to his procrastination, his whole attitude stinks and it is clear as to why clubs are not willing to take him on board.