Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby County Thread - 2012-2017 Seasons.

Re: Derby County Thread - 2012/2013/2014/2015/2016 Seasons.

My wishes were answered in the transfer window as the Worm Worrier [aka Martin] was loaned out to Fulham, hopefully this will become a permanent deal as I don't want cheats at my club, Lee Grant went on loan to Stoke and Burnley paid about 10.5million for the services of a very talented player in Jeff Hendrick, I was sorry to see him go after 8 years at DCFC.

Wilson from Manure, Vydra and Anya from Watford plus keeper Chris Weale [unattached] were signed, it will be interesting to see what team is selected for the Toon Town game on 10th September, it will take time for the new players to settle in and adjust to Pearson's chosen style of play so I'm keeping my fingers and legs crossed.

Re: Derby County Thread - 2012/2013/2014/2015/2016/2017 Seasons.

Did a tour of our Moor Farm Academy/Training Ground on Wednesday and was very impressed, owner Mel Morris has ploughed oodles of cash into this facility and he has been rewarded by it being categorised as Grade 1 and rated as one of the top 10 in the country.

Having done the St George's Park tour the Rams facility is a smaller version of that [minus the hotel], further developments have just received local authority approval so it is looking good for our U/6's through to the 1st XI squad.

Tomorrow Toon Town are the visitors at the Fizzy Pop Stadium and on other websites their fans seem to think it is a foregone conclusion that they will win, one fan stated "We will only have to turn up to win", I don't know what sort of stimulants he was on but I would recommend he gets back on to the Bassetts Jelly Babies. We are due a good game and I'm hoping this is it, new recruits Vydra, Anya and Wilson are all available and likely to play some part so we may actually see additions to our goal tally and if our midfield perform to their capabilities then there is no reason why we cannot get 3 points out of this game.

On the down side, Will Hughes is an injury doubt after receiving a full-blooded ball into his face, a decision has yet to be made as to whether he will be in the squad also the appointed referee James Linington is a flash-happy wazzock who already has an average of 5 yellows per match this season, goodness knows where the EFL get these prats from.

Bring it on!!

Lambs 0-2 Toon Town

The first goal was a screamer and bulged the net before Carson could blink, the second was totally due to the inadequate, nave defensive 'marking', Pearson is stubborn and doesn't realise that we are heading in the wrong direction, is he the new Tommy 'I can demolish teams' Docherty [1977-79]?

Lambs 0-1 Tractor Boys
    Brizzle 1-1 Rams

We're not conceding large numbers of goals but we are not converting the chances we are creating, I'm still not happy with Pearson's hoof ball tactics, we have finally scored the second goal in the league this season and not before time.

On Tuesday we host the Bin Dippers in the EFL Cup, Vydra and Anya are both cup-tied so we will see changes, Weimann and Russell [if fit] could be the incoming players, I fully expect us to make an undignified exit as I think Herr Klopp will want to progress in this competition.

Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers
    Lambs 0-1 Tractor Boys
    Brizzle 1-1 Rams

We're not conceding large numbers of goals but we are not converting the chances we are creating, I'm still not happy with Pearson's hoof ball tactics, we have finally scored the second goal in the league this season and not before time.

On Tuesday we host the Bin Dippers in the EFL Cup, Vydra and Anya are both cup-tied so we will see changes, Weimann and Russell [if fit] could be the incoming players, I fully expect us to make an undignified exit as I think Herr Klopp will want to progress in this competition.
    It has been confirmed that Johnny Russell is virtually certain to miss the game, it is now likely that Baron Dent will lead the attack with Weimann in support. Rumours abound that Johnno Mitchell could replace Scott Carson in goal.

Pearson has gone and Chris Powell is interim manager and from what I hear there is a happier atmosphere at DCFC.

On Saturday we return to action against the DYS, their manager Marry Gunk will be serving his touchline ban in the stands so the West Stand Choral Union will get the opportunity to serenade him, I'm risking a forecast...........

Rams 2-1 DYS
    [Vydra and Butterscotch]

........hopefully Bryson will have shaken off his injury and will be back in the squad, fingers and legs crossed folks.

The 'Wally with the Brolly' returns I am expecting to see him grovelling in front of the Rams fans today appropriately clothed in sackcloth sprinkled with ashes, a proper apology is required, not some pre-prepared speech by one of his/the club's Spin Doctors.

Apparently Bryson and Shackell are fit enough to return to the matchday squad, it will be interesting to see what reaction we get from the players and whether the skills they have been hiding surface and we are treated to a decent display of proper football as opposed to the dross Pearson insisted upon.

Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers View Post
    The 'Wally with the Brolly' returns I am expecting to see him grovelling in front of the Rams fans today appropriately clothed in sackcloth sprinkled with ashes, a proper apology is required, not some pre-prepared speech by one of his/the club's Spin Doctors.

Apparently Bryson and Shackell are fit enough to return to the matchday squad, it will be interesting to see what reaction we get from the players and whether the skills they have been hiding surface and we are treated to a decent display of proper football as opposed to the dross Pearson insisted upon.
    No report on Shackell's absence, Bryson started on the bench along with Baird and Russell who came on to score the only goal, a belter from just outside the box after a partial clearance from a Rams corner.
    The Rams held out against DYS pressure in the last 15 minutes to register the first home win of the season, they battled much harder than in many previous games and Johnson put in a competent performance in midfield.
    Academy product Max Lowe came in at left back in place of the injured Ollson and showed why he is highly thought of by the knowledgeable fans amongst us, this lad will go far in his chosen profession.
    Tuesday night brings Brentford to the Fizzy Pop Stadium, hopefully '30 pieces of silver' [and Chris Powell] can get another performance out of them, we live in hope as Hughes and Anya both picked up knocks.

A 0-0 draw against Brentford was not what I expected or wanted although one point is better than none, we remain toothless up front with Anya, Vydra and Russell going close and we are the lowest scoring team in the whole of the EFL. The back four defended quite well although Baird gives me the jitters at times with his lack of ingenuity when in possession, he seems to be totally preoccupied with the Ray Wilkins Method, if you can't pass it sideways then pass it backwards, incisive forward passes are obviously not in his repertoire.

Hughes lasted just 24 minutes as he was kneed in the back by an opponent and this gave Bryson his opportunity to get in some more game time in his quest to get back to full match fitness, his energy and willingness to close down opponents is an example to some of his team-mates, Vydra worked tirelessly and was the player most likely to score.

The football has improved from the crap we were subjected to under Pearson but '30 Pieces of Silver' needs to work on the lack of goals and the annoying inability to pass decisively to one of your own players.

On to Uddersfeeled on Saturday, I'm not building my hopes up and the Cognac will be handily placed for quick consumption.