Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3451454 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby County Thread - 2012-2017 Seasons.

Whispers are now coming out of Pride Park that Nigel has allegedly been told that there will be no more signings of new players until the dross and unwanted have exited the club, so come on folks, surely someone must be interested in giving one or more of the following the chance to play in League 2 or the Conference............

Tosspot Tyson
    Teflon Robinson
    Adam Legdzkins
    James O'Connor
    Tom Naylor
    James Bailey

I'm going to suggest to DCFC that we do a BOGOF Offer and if that doesn't help shift 'em then it will have to be Buy One Get 2 FREE.

Oh, and there have been complaints to the RSPCA from the moths in the Yanks' wallets that they haven't seen the light of day for months.

The Rams played a pre-season friendly against Bohemians at Dalymount Park, Dublin yesterday.

Bohemians 1-6 Rams

Russell 2, Ball, Coutts, Davies, Sammon.

Johnny Russell up and running with 2 goals in his 45 minutes on the pitch.

COME ON YOU RAMS!!

Bohemians 1 - 6 Rams
    Port Vale 3 - 5 Rams
    Bristol Rovers 0 - 2 Rams

Tonight we go to the Pirelli Stadium to play Burton Albion and on Saturday finish our pre-season friendlies against West Brom at Pride Park.

John Eustace has signed a one year deal with the Rams, some wag at Pride Park indicated that he could be used in midfield or in the back four, I got my prayer mat out last night and made supplications to him upstairs that we never need to utilise him in the latter position.

Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers
    Bohemians 1 - 6 Rams
    Port Vale 3 - 5 Rams
    Bristol Rovers 0 - 2 Rams

Tonight we go to the Pirelli Stadium to play Burton Albion and on Saturday finish our pre-season friendlies against West Brom at Pride Park.

John Eustace has signed a one year deal with the Rams, some wag at Pride Park indicated that he could be used in midfield or in the back four, I got my prayer mat out last night and made supplications to him upstairs that we never need to utilise him in the latter position.
    Burton Albion 0 - 2 Rams ..........Martin, Sammon.

Another clean sheet thank goodness, our back four need to stay injury free and wide awake, the forwards/midfield are scoring goals [15 so far] and if we can transfer this to the league we should be in with a chance of a play-off spot.

It is with great sadness that I report the death of Barbara Clough, the widow of Brian Clough and mother of Nigel, Simon and Elizabeth.

I first met her when Nigel was 10 years old and playing for the same junior team as my son, she was a lovely, gracious lady who faced adversity head on with great fortitude.

An interesting article in the Daily Telegraph as Nigel Clough racks up 1,663 days as manager of the Rams, he is the 5th longest serving in the UK.

Rams 0-2 WBA

The Rams tasted defeat in their final pre-season friendly against a West Brom side full of talented and experienced players, their first goal from Graham Dorrans was an absolutely superb strike from about 30 yards and the second was a slick flick from about 5 yards from Rosenborg.

Ben Foster was tested on a number of occasions by Hughes, Bryson, Jacobs and Sammon but if you don't make your chances count you ain't gonna score, all in all we competed well for about 75 of the 90 minutes and if we can reproduce this form in the league we should win more than we lose.

Grant looked competent in goal and Russell looks to be settling in up front.

Tottenham full-back Adam Smith has joined the Rams on a season long loan.

With Paul Coutts returning to fitness Nigel has a dilemma in his midfield selection, personally I hope he sticks with Hendrick, Bryson, Hughes and Ward leaving Coutts on the bench, he has done little to inspire me and his worthwhile contributions lack consistency.

Our probable line-up against the Chicken Pluckers tomorrow ............

Grant.
    Smith, Keyhole, Buxton, Forsyth.
    Hendrick, Bryson, Hughes, Ward.
    Russell.
    Martin.

I'm going for a 2-0 win for the Rams, lets put down an early marker and send the fans home with a great big smile on their faces!!

The Bin Dippers are sniffing round Will Hughes again, according to 'Billy's Weekly Liar' [aka the Mirror] Nigel/DCFC wants £7million and a loan back, personally I would want £10million and a loan back.