Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3241424352 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 541

Thread: Derby County Thread - 2012-2017 Seasons.

  1. #411
    Rams 1-1 Uddersfeeled

    Sloppy defending gifted The Terriers their goal and their fans thought they were on the way to 3 points, when [ex-Terrier] Butterfield came on as a sub they delighted in chanting "What a waste of money" so it was appropriate that he rammed their words down their throats by scoring the equaliser, probably a fair result, Rowett has got a lot of pruning to do if he wants to get the balance right and challenge for promotion next season.

  2. #412
    The Rams are off to play the Wendies tomorrow and I expect another tight game with the teams sharing the points, I'm going for.............

    Wendies 1-1 Rams

    ...........no news at present on Nugent's injury, hopefully he will return so that the inept Baron Dent can sit on the bench and continue writing his memoirs. Will Hughes should start again and hopefully Rowett will drop Incey Wincey to the bench and play Bryson.

    Fingers and legs crossed folks.

  3. #413
    Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers View Post
    The Rams are off to play the Wendies tomorrow and I expect another tight game with the teams sharing the points, I'm going for.............

    Wendies 1-1 Rams

    ...........no news at present on Nugent's injury, hopefully he will return so that the inept Baron Dent can sit on the bench and continue writing his memoirs. Will Hughes should start again and hopefully Rowett will drop Incey Wincey to the bench and play Bryson.

    Fingers and legs crossed folks.
    Hallelujah, Incey Wincey dropped to the bench with Russell coming into the otherwise unchanged team, Nugent on the bench.

    Come on Derby.

  4. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers View Post
    Hallelujah, Incey Wincey dropped to the bench with Russell coming into the otherwise unchanged team, Nugent on the bench.

    Come on Derby.
    That went well.......... Wendies 2-1 Rams

    Rowett needs to consult Monty Don and Percy Thrower about some drastic pruning, I'm afraid that my thoughts on our back 4 not being good enough were borne out once again, it didn't help that Olsson was CHOPPED DOWN by Lee and had to be subbed after barely 10 minutes but we were still found wanting when under pressure.

    I expect to see Rowett give some of the fringe/Academy players game time against the Dogheads and Rotherham as there is nothing to play for other than pride.

  5. #415
    Rams 3-1 Dogheads..........

    It was obvious that some players realised that they were playing for their futures as above the norm displays were evident, Nugent was lively up front and was well supported by Russell, Bryson and Johnson, also the enigma that is Incey Wincey when it suited him.

    Just a visit to the mighty Rotherham next Sunday and the fixture list is completed, all in all a disappointing season, although my prediction was that we would finish in the top ten I would have liked to be nearer to the play-off places.

    Rowett has been given assurances that there will be cash to buy new players but has also been told to reduce the current squad which is something that he has in mind anyway. I expect to see some of the 'established players' on the 'exit list', it could include Pearce, Olsson, Ince, Camara, Blackman and perhaps even Thorne and Forsyth who have been on the treatment table all season, we await the list with baited breath.

  6. #416
    The big news this week at Pride Park is that Sam Rush the club President and CEO has been sacked with immediate effect, he did not attend the home game against the Dogheads and his normal article was missing from the matchday programme.

    A short statement was issued by the club stating that he had been sacked for 'gross misconduct and breach of fiduciary duty', Rush responded with a similarly short statement saying 'I am shocked and disappointed that my time at Derby County has come to an end in this premature way'.

    Numerous rumours are doing the rounds but I will not be repeating them here or elsewhere as the lawyers of both parties are now in the driving seat on this matter, one thing I can say is that it is never dull and boring where the Rams are concerned.

    There is no news on the injury list and the possible team to face Rotherham although I expect to see Academy left back Callum McDonald in the starting XI, I'm going to watch the U/23s in their crucial final fixture against Chelski tomorrow night, they need to win to avoid relegation so its fingers and legs crossed for the lads.

  7. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers View Post
    The big news this week at Pride Park is that Sam Rush the club President and CEO has been sacked with immediate effect, he did not attend the home game against the Dogheads and his normal article was missing from the matchday programme.

    A short statement was issued by the club stating that he had been sacked for 'gross misconduct and breach of fiduciary duty', Rush responded with a similarly short statement saying 'I am shocked and disappointed that my time at Derby County has come to an end in this premature way'.

    Numerous rumours are doing the rounds but I will not be repeating them here or elsewhere as the lawyers of both parties are now in the driving seat on this matter, one thing I can say is that it is never dull and boring where the Rams are concerned.

    There is no news on the injury list and the possible team to face Rotherham although I expect to see Academy left back Callum McDonald in the starting XI, I'm going to watch the U/23s in their crucial final fixture against Chelski tomorrow night, they need to win to avoid relegation so its fingers and legs crossed for the lads.
    Callum McDonald played in a central defensive role for the U/23s in the game against Chelski last night so he won't be featuring for the 1st XI against Rotherham, the Rams won 2-1 and thus avoided relegation. It was a deserved win against a silky, skilful Chelski team with goals from Mason Bennett [an absolute cracker] and Kellan Gordon, Kyle Scott was the pick of the Chelski team orchestrating moves just like a young Scott Parker, they had Chalobah red-carded for hauling down Bennett just outside their box.

  8. #418
    Rotherham 1-1 Rams

    An abysmal display littered with errors and poor play all over the pitch brought the season to an unsatisfactory end, owner Mel Morris is quoted as saying the season was a disaster and he is not wrong, he also hinted that a total overhaul was necessary.

    Hopefully Gary Rowett will be active during the Summer and will be ruthless when it comes to pruning the squad, there can be no room for sentiment, if they ain't good enough, GET RID!!

  9. #419
    2 pre-season games have been organised..............

    Away to Kaiserlauten and against Hoffenheim at Pride Park on 29th July.

    ............Ich bin ein Ram!!

  10. #420
    Reported in Billy's Daily La-La-Land Gazette [aka The Mirror] that Incey Wincey could be available should bids reach 10million, I live in hope that some misguided manager will want him.

    Brazilian winger Alefe Santos [U/23 squad] has been released, we grabbed him from Brizzle Rovers about 3 years ago, he made one 1st team appearance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •