Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 33424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby County Thread - 2012-2017 Seasons.

2 pre-season games have been organised..............

Away to Kaiserlauten and against Hoffenheim at Pride Park on 29th July.

............Ich bin ein Ram!!

Reported in Billy's Daily La-La-Land Gazette [aka The Mirror] that Incey Wincey could be available should bids reach 10million, I live in hope that some misguided manager will want him.

Brazilian winger Alefe Santos [U/23 squad] has been released, we grabbed him from Brizzle Rovers about 3 years ago, he made one 1st team appearance.

Very little news emanating from DCFC other than Craig Forsyth expects to be ready to go when pre-season training starts, he has been out all of last season.

Rowett appears to be keeping his cards close to his chest with regards to any players he has targeted which is a good idea in my opinion but obviously frustrates the less patient fans.

Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers View Post
    Very little news emanating from DCFC other than Craig Forsyth expects to be ready to go when pre-season training starts, he has been out all of last season.

Rowett appears to be keeping his cards close to his chest with regards to any players he has targeted which is a good idea in my opinion but obviously frustrates the less patient fans.
    Another week goes by and the only news/rumour is that we are showing interest in Toon Town's defender Grant Hanley, on the injury front Thorne, Forsyth and Blackman are all hoping to be ready to go when pre-season training starts, personally I'm hoping that someone comes in for Blackman as, in my opinion, he offers very little other than a bit of pace and a very occasionally flukey goal.

Rams wing-back Cyrus Christie scored for Ireland in their 3-1 win over Uruguay, Ireland manager Martin O'Neill was complimentary about Christie's attitude and application.

Derby County's Will Hughes and keeper Jonathan Mitchell are in the England U/21 Squad.
    Last edited by knabby crackers; 06-06-2017 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Incorrect squad number

The Rams have signed defender Curtis Davies from Dull City, he has clinched a 2 year deal with the option of a further 12 months, hopefully he is just the first part in a total re-jig of the back 4 as Rowett is said to be interested in signing Grant Hanley [Toon Town] and Andre Wisdom [Liverpool/Leipzig?].

Liverpool defender Norman Wisdom is the latest signing, he has been on loan with the Rams previously and apparently we were his preferred choice of club.

The latest transfer whispers are that interest in Grant Hanley is now dead in the water but allegedly we have been showing interest in Stoke's Shamrock Basher Glenn Whelan, no news of players exiting Pride Park so far but Watford have apparently put in a 'joke bid' of 5million for Will Hughes, are they real? I would imagine that nothing less than 12million would even be entertained.

The fixtures are out and we start off with a trip to Blunderland for a 7.45pm k/o on Friday 4th August, the game will be on Sky TV.

Rumours are rife that Watford's bid for Will Hughes has been upped to 8million, hopefully Mel Morris will tell them to shove it where the sun doesn't shine, no further news as Hughes is still away with England U/21s.