Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36454647 LastLast

Thread: Derby County Thread - 2012-2017 Seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by knabby crackers View Post
    Tonight its the first game in the EFL League Cup thingy against Grimsby who we also played last season, apparently Huddlestone, Johnson, Bryson and Russell all picked up knocks against Blunderland so there will be some changes to the starting XI, I expect Nugent, Vydra and Bennett to feature.

I'm going for..........

Grimsby 1-2 Rams

.............fingers and legs crossed.
    Well that was a waste of time, 1-0 [Keyhole] up after 5 minutes and abandoned after 19 minutes, also Hanson suffered a calf injury in the 'warm' down.

I feel sorry for the fans who travelled in atrocious weather and saw less than 20 minutes of football and then had to travel home in the pouring rain.

The Dogheads visit Pride Park tomorrow and will prove to be tough opposition in my opinion, we're not firing on all cylinders up front and our defence looks to still be prone to gaffs, I'm hoping Rowett plays Nugent in preference to the Worm Worrier as up to now I feel he offers more in the way of effort and likelihood of scoring, if Nugent plays I'm going for ..............

Rams 2-1 Dogheads

........with Nugent and Russell scoring.

Come on you RAMS!!

The Dogheads visit Pride Park tomorrow and will prove to be tough opposition in my opinion, we're not firing on all cylinders up front and our defence looks to still be prone to gaffs, I'm hoping Rowett plays Nugent in preference to the Worm Worrier as up to now I feel he offers more in the way of effort and likelihood of scoring, if Nugent plays I'm going for ..............

Rams 2-1 Dogheads

........with Nugent and Russell scoring.

Come on you RAMS!!
    Ponderous, inability to pass to a team-mate, poor marking of opponents and keeping the Worm Worrier on the pitch for 90 minutes, its time Rowett realised that he is over-rated and obviously overpaid, Nugent should have started and when we were obviously short of pace Bennett was left warming the bench.

Butterfield once again displayed his greatest skill, passing to an opponent whilst Wisdom, rated MOTM by Radio Derby's Craig Ramage, over complicated virtually everything he did and subsequently ran into trouble time and time again, Ramage must have been watching a different game to me.

Its PNE on Tuesday night and I cannot see us getting any points out of them unless Rowett rings the changes, hopefully he will have had the squad in for extra training today.

I'm just nipping down to the shops to see if they have got any prayer mats.

According to various media sources we are about to sign Tom Lawrence from Fester for 7million+ add-ons, the hysteria amongst some of the fans is reaching epic proportions as they appear to think that he is the 'New Messi-Higher', I foresee some very disappointed people if he signs and then fails to score a hat-trick in his first three games.

Last night I watched our U/23s play the Arse at St. George's Park, the Arse included Wilshere, Coquelin and Gibbs who have all featured regularly in their first team, the Rams went into a 2-0 lead through Gordon and Jackobsen but they then lost the exciting 16 year old Max Bird and Kellan Gordon through Arse inflicted injuries and after sustained opposition pressure conceded 3 goals to lose what was quite an exciting game.

Rams 1-0 PNE

Rowett rang the changes by 'resting' the Worm Worrier, Butterscotch and Forsyth, bringing in Nugent, Vydra and Olsson, whilst Bryson, Bennett and the Worm Worrier came off the bench in the second half.

A Vydra penalty resulted in the only goal of the game, in reality the Rams should have scored at least 4 goals against a mediocre Preston side. The referee, Geoff Eltringham was abysmal [for both sides] and he had lost control after about 15 minutes, he took absolutely no notice of PNE defenders super-glueing themselves to Rams players at corners and free kicks and failed to show a card to Nugent when he took out the PNE keeper.

A slight improvement in effort and performance with Andreas Weimann my MOTM.

On to Noblot on Saturday.

Noblot 1-2 Rams

Rowett started with the same team that started the PNE match with new signing Tom Lawrence replacing Mason Bennett on the bench, it has been reported locally that Mason is going on a season-long loan to Mansfield Town. David Nugent scored both of the Rams' goals and he should have had at least a hat-trick against a poor Noblot side, Vydra [2] and Wisdom were also culprits in the missed chances competition.

Gary Madine scored a consolation goal for Noblot late on after Huddlestone lost possession and the back 4 were contemplating fish and chips on the coach on the homeward journey.

Next up is the re-arranged EFL Cup game against Grimsby on Tuesday, I expect a starting berth for Lawrence with Bryson and Forsyth also likely to feature.

Grimsby 0-1 Rams [Vydra - pen]

Rowett made 10 changes from the team that beat Noblot with just Matej Vydra keeping his place, Academy players Kellan Gordon and Timi Max Elsnik were on the bench and it was Gordon who made his senior debut in the 69th minute. The Rams made hard work of it and it was obvious that this squad were unused to playing as a team, the first half was goal-less with Dembele causing problems for the Rams , in the second half we came out with a more positive attitude and put Grimsby under pressure and ex-Ram Ben Davies had a rush of blood to the head when hauling Vydra back by his shirt in the penalty area, Vydra promptly despatched the spot-kick into the back of the net. Later Davies received another yellow card followed by a red, this was Grimsby's 4th dismissal in 4 games.

The Rams will travel to Barnsley for their next game in this competition, meanwhile Rowett will be pondering what changes, if any, he will make for the Rams next Chumpionship game against the Blunts at Bramall Lane on Saturday.

Blunts 3-1 Rams

Rowett started with the team that took 3 points from both PNE and Noblot, it soon became evident that this eleven were short on high-power effort which was a feature of the Blunts play, with just 5 days of the Transfer Window left the Rams need to address the shortcomings in the squad.

The Blunts' first goal followed a poor back-pass by Huddlestone to keeper Carson who 'cleared' it straight to Billy Sharp who despatched it into the onion bag, the second was an own goal by Johnny Russell who was having to defend owing to the frailties of the Rams' midfield/defence. Bryson headed home one for the Rams, the third was a second for Billy Sharp who took advantage of the fact that Carson had joined the attack at a Rams free-kick, the Blunts gained possession and Sharp took advantage of an open goal.

Disgusted of Derby.

Its Friday night football again at Pride Park with Dull City the visitors, their manager Leonid Slutsky has spent a few bob in an effort to get the City of Culture club back into the Premier League however I'm hoping that Rowett has been working on our defensive frailties in the international break and that we are revitalised and rarin' to go, on that basis I'm going for a draw...........

Rams 2-2 Dull

.............our scorers will probably be Nugent and Vydra and I'm thinking that new signing Kieftenbeld might get a debut yellow card for over enthusiastic tackling.

I am not a fan of night matches as they play havoc with my pill-popping and meal-times but obviously SKY are not concerned about minor details like that.

Its Friday night football again at Pride Park with Dull City the visitors, their manager Leonid Slutsky has spent a few bob in an effort to get the City of Culture club back into the Premier League however I'm hoping that Rowett has been working on our defensive frailties in the international break and that we are revitalised and rarin' to go, on that basis I'm going for a draw...........

Rams 2-2 Dull

.............our scorers will probably be Nugent and Vydra and I'm thinking that new signing Kieftenbeld might get a debut yellow card for over enthusiastic tackling.

I am not a fan of night matches as they play havoc with my pill-popping and meal-times but obviously SKY are not concerned about minor details like that.
    BREAKING NEWS: Kieftenbeld's transfer has not been ratified and the player has returned to Birmingham City. The 14 Second Rule strikes again!!