Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should the new Rangers be allowed into the SPL?

Should the new Rangers be allowed into the SPL?

The new Rangers outfit under new owner Charles Green need to re apply to join the SPL.

Should they be allowed back into the league or be made to start their new life in the 3rd division against the likes of Annan Athletic?

Any comments?

it looks like Hearts and Dundee Utd are both going to vote against the new Rangers joining the SPL.

If they're not allowed back in I don't know how Scottish football would survive with only Celtic as the dominant force.

no they shouldn't they have broken the rules and should be punnished for it so far all the clubs publicaly saying they will vote no is encouraging but when it actually comes down to the vote it remains to be seen if they will. Also it will be interesting to see what the clubs in division 1 do with so few promotion places to the SPL on offer you couldn't blame them if they also said we don't want Newco in our league.

I don't think they should, no. They've been spending way beyond their means for years and they need to be punished for it.

We will now have to wait until 12th July to find out what the SPL clubs want to do with the new Rangers.

In my view Scottish football will NOT survive without them and this will be a final nail in their coffin and will also lead to most of them going bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams

In my view Scottish football will NOT survive without them and this will be a final nail in their coffin and will also lead to most of them going bankrupt.

So because of that you think the SPL clubs should just of turned a blind eye to what Rangers have done because once you start doing that you might as well tare up the rule book and write new ones saying that it is perfectly ok to commit fraud and other financial mismanagement.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry7580
    Quote Originally Posted by Hams

So because of that you think the SPL clubs should just of turned a blind eye to what Rangers have done because once you start doing that you might as well tare up the rule book and write new ones saying that it is perfectly ok to commit fraud and other financial mismanagement.
    No I don't think the other clubs should turn a blind eye but they are being very spiteful and showing what bad losers they are by sticking the boot in when Rangers are down.

Many of these SPL and SFL clubs don''t seem to realise that what they are doing right now will finish off Scottish football for good.

There must be other ways that Rangers can be punished other than the joke idea of making them play in Division 3 against the likes of Annan Athletic!

Well the SPL have voted overwhelmingly to deny the new Rangers a place in the SPL -

No more Old firm derbies then to enjoy and nobody will have any interest in this league now at all - Well done to all the other SPL chairman for killing the game in Scotland.

The game in Scotland is not necessarily dead without Rangers - if one of the Edinburgh clubs, Aberdeen, or Dundee Utd can actually step up to the plate and challenge Celtic they will find their home and away attendances greatly increased - perhaps not as large as Rangers but not that far away. It would also generate renewed interest for a lot of Scottish football fans who don't support one of the Old Firm teams but haven't seen a league winner outside Glasgow for decades. I know people will dismiss the chance of anyone but Celtic winning the SPL, but as a Celtic fan myself I would not rule out the possibility of one of the other teams running them close. I hope they do for the good of the game in Scotland.

The fact is Scottish football is going nowhere fast even if they let Rangers back in the SPL tomorrow. How long can you sustain a league where there are only two teams with an earthly chance of winning it, and have themselves virtually no prospect of winning a European title? No outside interest other than the Old Firm derbies? This may mean Sky take their money away, but so what? Fans of the clubs will still turn out on a Saturday afternoon, regardless of the quality of players on display. I'd still watch my team even if they are potless, fielding 11 teenagers. Scottish clubs will have to cut their cloth to measure, including Celtic. This may be a painful process, but in the long term we might see Scotland produce domestic talent like they used to. Rangers collapse has perhaps just hastened the inevitable wake up and shake up of the Scottish game.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

so we now get a blatant and cynical attempt by the SFA/SFL/SFL to put Newco in division 1 with an all to convenient announcement last night to re structure the game and league system,