Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23413 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism in Football

Incredible news this morning that 2 of England's under 21 players have been charged with violence by the Serbian police.

You couldn't make this up!

Breaking news.

Have just heard on the radio that Serbia have been fined £65K and will play 1 match behind closed doors.

Big deal,

Once again UEFA have shown that they are not interested in trying to get rid of racism in football with these pathetic punishments.

So Bendtner gets an £80k fine for advertising and Serbia get £65k for being racist, worst of all they are repeat offenders so they know a fine is no deterrent. I dont know which is more shameful, the behaviour of the Serbs or the response of a governing body at the fore front of the "Respect" campaign.
    I guess the game behind closed doors gives the Serbian FA chance to save up for their next round of racism.

This is why i think there should be a black players coalition in football ,not to be decisive ,but to be able to hold these clowns to task. They don't have to answer to anyone ,and this will continue for the foreseeable future! If this incident doesn't degenerates then only death will and not even that's a certainty. Pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    This is why i think there should be a black players coalition in football ,not to be decisive ,but to be able to hold these clowns to task. They don't have to answer to anyone ,and this will continue for the foreseeable future! If this incident doesn't degenerates then only death will and not even that's a certainty. Pathetic!
    what about asians?

Quote Originally Posted by Bren10
    So Bendtner gets an £80k fine for advertising and Serbia get £65k for being racist, worst of all they are repeat offenders so they know a fine is no deterrent. I dont know which is more shameful, the behaviour of the Serbs or the response of a governing body at the fore front of the "Respect" campaign.
    I guess the game behind closed doors gives the Serbian FA chance to save up for their next round of racism.
    difference is Bendtner himself broke the rules in a premeditated action.

the Serbian FA didn't make any racist chants and neither did the players or manager and so their fine is on behalf of the fans which explanis why it is lower.

Yes let's brand a whole country racist for the actions of a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    what about asians?
    What about them?

I can't speak for them ,i can only speak for MY people and how they are treated in football.
    They need to get a union together a worldwide one ,due to most of the serious issues being in Europe, and start to use their power on the world stage. You a have the most popular sport in the world and a boycott by black players will send shockwaves throughout the sports world. Anything to put some focus on the outrageous fines given to these clowns for such acts in this day and age. It's beyond a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren10
    difference is Bendtner himself broke the rules in a premeditated action.

the Serbian FA didn't make any racist chants and neither did the players or manager and so their fine is on behalf of the fans which explanis why it is lower.
    They are however responsible for making sure this kind of thing doesnt go on in games they are hosting, especially when they have previous concerning this behaviour and our country. They failed miserably and should be punished.
    They also made claims after the game there was no wrong doing of any kind by themselves, pretty much okaying the behaviour of their support and players. Those actions are way worse than an ambush of advertising.

It was amazing that UEFA's punishment never even mentioned any of the sickening racism that went on in Serbia back in October.