Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soccer Manager

Soccer Manager

Here is a FREE online football game to play, that I've been playing for years.

You chose from a country league, or a combination like all the best teams in europe, or even a league where the admin picks whatever team he or she wants.

Players have just one overall rating, and the ratings go up or down depending on how well they do in real life.

You pick your team, then buy and sell players, and see how far up the league you can go. You can't get sacked for bad results, or even bad finances. You just stick with your team, and then move onto another team when you see fit.

It's a very good idea linking their rating to real life, and it's also very easy to play. Transfers can be hard as you'll buy the majority of your players from unmanaged clubs, as buying players from managed clubs is hard due the price and only being able to offer up to a certain amount.

Stopped playing football manager ages ago, and now play this. It provides a good value of what players are worth to their teams, as it's linked to real life.

Anyone want to join me in my league?

Stopped playing football manager ages ago, and now play this.

Here is my Leeds United team with ratings, in the championship....

GK Pyatov 89

RB Walker 89
    CB Howedes 90
    CB Alderweireld 89
    LB Schennikov 88

DM (M) Sissoko 89
    CMR Witsel 90
    CML Matuidi 90

AMC Mikhitaryan 90
    AMC Konplyanka 88
    FC Remy 90

Team DC

GK Akinfeev 91

RB Zabaleta 89
    CB Vidic 96
    CB De Rossi 94
    LB Mathieu 90

DM Matuidi 90
    CMR Fellaini 90
    CML Modric 93

AMR Ronaldo 98
    AML Iniesta 97
    FC Damiao 90

I've since finished 2nd in the championship, now somewhat mid-table in the premier league. Just replaced Remy (90) with Mandzukic (90), and purchased some absolute quality in Javi Martinez (91)

Finished 4th with DC United, but now taken my second club spot in 'The Former Soviet Union League' with ZENIT. Been in the league before and really pleased to see my old team rosta for Chornomorets hasn't really changed one bit. I love sorting squads out!

Seriously guys, you're missing out if you're not playing this. Give it a go and see what it's like. Addictive and easy. Once your squad is sorted out, it takes 5 minutes per week, at most.

1st Team will be up when I get my squad sorted.

You gave up footy manager for this....seriously?

I had a look and lost interest after 5 minutes...then saw the team you have put together and it made me laugh...

It's much more simple than soccer manager. Nice and easy - low maintenance.

My Leeds team is currently:

GK: Pyatov 89

RB: Walker 90
    CB: Howedes 90
    CB: Alderweireld 89
    LB: Schennikov 88

DM: Martinez 92
    CMR: Witsel 90
    CML: Strootman 90

AMC: Mikhitaryan 90
    AMC: Isco 90
    FC: Mandzukic 91

Currently 14th out of 20; 7 points off relegation, and 9 points off a champions league place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipster
    It's much more simple than soccer manager. Nice and easy - low maintenance.

My Leeds team is currently:

GK: Pyatov 89

RB: Walker 90
    CB: Howedes 90
    CB: Alderweireld 89
    LB: Schennikov 88

DM: Martinez 92
    CMR: Witsel 90
    CML: Strootman 90

AMC: Mikhitaryan 90
    AMC: Isco 90
    FC: Mandzukic 91

Currently 14th out of 20; 7 points off relegation, and 9 points off a champions league place.
    Football Manager you mean?

And if you'd have seen this years Football Manager you will have noticed a new gameplay mode called Classic Mode where it is watered down for people such as yourself who like the simpler part of the game..

They have taken loads out of it so you just concentrate on your players and not the media parts etc.

That sounds useful, but I've just stopped playing football manager, and yeah, do mean that one.

It's so much simpler to play with a focus on buying players and picking the team.

One disadvantage is that you really can't play against big managers in the premier league/champions league as most of the top teams are taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipster
    That sounds useful, but I've just stopped playing football manager, and yeah, do mean that one.

It's so much simpler to play with a focus on buying players and picking the team.

One disadvantage is that you really can't play against big managers in the premier league/champions league as most of the top teams are taken.
    Like i said mate Football Manager has a different section this year for people such as yourself who prefer to do the buying/selling and bring through and develop youth players..

It's called Football manager classic where it goes back to games of old,they have taken out all the time consuming aspects such as team talks and the media parts from it...also your staff isn't as big..

Take a look and see what you think...this could be right up your street mate..