Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soccer Manager

It does sound appealing, and I may get back into it. Is it right that you can just skip to the result?

I've played football manager ( and the previous name it had) for many years, but yeah, got too detailed. Glad they have introduced this type of game.

Still, even so, I will be playing this soccer manager game, online. I really like it because, as with football manager, you learn the realistic attributes of players. It's much simpler having one rating for a player, and buying/selling players before they go up/down a rating.

The main thing is TIME. I won't have much time from September, so need to play a game that doesn't trake up too much time. This is that game.

Anyone else want to try it?

My Zenit team:

GK: Handanovic 91

DR: Piscek 92
    CB: Godin 91
    CB: Alves 91
    LB: Criscito 90

CM: Bender (S) 90
    CM: Schweinsteiger 94

RW: Augusto 90
    AMC: Jovetic 91
    LW: Rodriguez 90

S: Llorente 91

Currently top of 'The Former Soviet Union' League after 10 games played. 16 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza-LFC
    Thanks, read both and it sounds like they've come up with a great idea. Like being at Christmas in the classic mode when the normal mode has just finished pre-season. Of course, some cheating way would be to just go on holiday as I normally did.

Might take a peek and buy it, but I'll also play the Fifa 14 (management) game, so 2 games are enough for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipster
    It does sound appealing, and I may get back into it. Is it right that you can just skip to the result?

I've played football manager ( and the previous name it had) for many years, but yeah, got too detailed. Glad they have introduced this type of game.

Still, even so, I will be playing this soccer manager game, online. I really like it because, as with football manager, you learn the realistic attributes of players. It's much simpler having one rating for a player, and buying/selling players before they go up/down a rating.

The main thing is TIME. I won't have much time from September, so need to play a game that doesn't trake up too much time. This is that game.

Anyone else want to try it?
    Yeah mate you can skip the result with the instant result button,it's not for me as i like all the full detailed game,but people like yourself who don't have as much time it's perfect for you.

Good luck and report back here if you ever do get it,be happy to help if you need any.

I'm also getting FIFA 14,can't wait to get stuck into that one too.

Re: Soccer Manager

This soccer manager game is changing. Well - it's more of an addition.

You also have an option, soon, to play as a single player against the computer - like in football manager.

You pick a real team with real players, who have real attributes and not just one rating. Even though it has an overall rating too.

You play as many games as you like.

Seriously, I think it'd be great for a few forum members to play the normal game, where you play against many real managers and some computer managed teams, with real players.

Anyone in for it?

You can join my league and try to beat my team.

Gone 25 games unbeaten with Leeds in the championship. Man City are second, and yeah, no idea how they got down there.

My favourite league is 'The Former Soviet Union League', where you get all the best teams from the former USSR. 3 leagues of 16 teams, and only 2 are unmanaged in the top league.

Re: Soccer Manager

You gotta try this new game if you love football manager!!!

Same way of playing but less to do. Nice and simple game.

Players have an overall rating which goes up or down depending on how you play and may go down a bit if you don't play them, but plenty of young players go up as they progress through the game. They also have individual skill ratings too.

You can pay extra cash (maximum of 13 for 300 million game cash) in real terms for more money in the game which is like being taken over by a consortium or rich Russian oligarch. You also accrue manager points which you can exchange just like I said for a cash injection. Increase the stadium capacity too.

Real teams and players, but only a 1 player game against all the other top managers. The transfer fees are realistic with an example of 90+ million fee for Neymar.

If you love playing football manager, then play this much simpler game. Addictive!