Page 1 of 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones

Are there any other fans on the forum of George RR Martin's A song of ice and fire series?

We are currently on series 3 of the HBO TV show with the big end of season finale coming up.

I've read all the books and like many others I'm patiently waiting for The the next one called winds of winter to come out!

Re: Game of Thrones

Has the TV version caught up with any of the books yet? Would like to get reading them but wouldn't want to spoil the series.

It's a great show and I do like how it keeps you on your toes what with the forever dying cast members, although I wonder if we may come back to the 'returning people from the dead' spell (don't spoil it Hams!).

Re: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Kroenke's moustache
    Has the TV version caught up with any of the books yet? Would like to get reading them but wouldn't want to spoil the series.

It's a great show and I do like how it keeps you on your toes what with the forever dying cast members, although I wonder if we may come back to the 'returning people from the dead' spell (don't spoil it Hams!).
    The TV series is only up to the end of book 2 at the moment but now takes a break until next year.

There are 5 books in total so if you started reading from the start now you could easily catch up.

They really have done a great job with the TV show in my view and have followed the books very well.

I would also like to know more about who these "Others" are and why they are marching towards the wall?

Are there any other Game of Thrones fans on the forum?

They are repeating Series 3 over on Sky Atlantic on Sunday nights at the moment so its been handy to remind me about it.

There is going to be a good fight in the next episode between The Dog Sandor Glegan and the leader of the brotherhood without banners so tune in if you can!

In last weeks show Jaime Lannister had his sword hand completely cut off by one of Bolton's men which was quite dramatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Hams

In last weeks show Jaime Lannister had his sword hand completely cut off by one of Bolton's men which was quite dramatic!
    I thought the outcome of this ruthless action allowed him to be shown
    in a completely different light, as gone was the brash arrogance replaced
    with a sense of honour,and chivalry, the writers had only previously hinted
    at in earlier episodes.....Great series ,and splendidly brought to life by a
    collative of fine actors.....Especially the quite brilliant Conleth Hill as Lord
    Varys ,who for me has stilled the screen with some mesmeric and intense
    performances,where his rational intellect far out ways any emotions that
    would simply cloud his judgement.... Cant wait for the next series.

I agree with you mate that the incident in which Jaime Lannister has his hand
    chopped off is responsible for making the king slayer into a better person in the long run.

We will see him latter on in the story after he gets back to Kings Landing trying to keep his
    distance from his sister Cersei and then he decides to travel around the land to try and make up
    for what he has done in the past like when he let go of the young Brandon from that window in Winterfell in the first episode.

My favourite character is the half man Tyrion played by Peter Dinklage who might be small in height but is a leader of men.

I still hope that Stannis will one day claim his rightful place as King of the realm and really hate that young Joffrey!

Hopefully series 4 will be on in March 2014.

Dinklage's portrayal of Tyrion is indeed accomplished, and in particular
    the scene when Lord Vary's tells him of the vengeance he exacted on
    his slaver has to be the most severe act of retribution and finest bit of
    acting throughout this entire series.....And that includes the disturbing
    culmination of the last episode.....No hint at a spoiler intended

It looks like we will be able to enjoy the 4th series of Game of thrones on Sky Atlantic at the start of March.

One of the highlights of this season is going to be the Purple wedding between that horrible brat King Joffrey and Margeray.

I love GOT. Can't wait for it come back in March

Quote Originally Posted by Rach
    I love GOT. Can't wait for it come back in March
    Which are your favourite characters and who are the ones you dislike the most?

Here are my favourites.

1.Tyrion
    2.Jon Snow
    3.Arya
    4.Sam
    5.Stannis

The ones i dislike the most.

1.King Joffrey(The little shite!)
    2.Queen Cersie
    3.Jamie Lannister
    4.Little finger
    5.Danny the mother of dragons etc.