Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

The new series 4 of Game of thrones starts on Monday night on Sky Atlantic and i cant wait!

Re: Game of Thrones

Did any of you catch the opening of season 4? I dont think I'm going to like this new prince Oberyn but loved the fight scene with Arya and the Hound in the tavern.

Yesterday we had the purple wedding where King Joffrey was murdered by poison!
    Now I'm sure no one will miss the evil boy but who do you think was responsible for getting rid of him?
    There are so many suspects and while his uncle Tyrion may have been arrested he is not the only one who had a grudge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    Now I'm sure no one will miss the evil boy but who do you think was responsible for getting rid of him?
    There are so many suspects and while his uncle Tyrion may have been arrested he is not the only one who had a grudge.
    My money is on his wife and her grandmother!

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Kroenke's moustache
    His wife Margarey has certainly been very unlucky in love!

Renly Barathean who she was due to marry before was killed by some sort of shadow of his brother Stannis.

I dont trust this Rose family from Highgarden that is for certain.

It has to have been either Tyrion or Sansa who has just as reason as anyone to want revenge on the evil ex King Joffrey.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Kroenke's moustache
    His wife Margarey has certainly been very unlucky in love!

Renly Barathean who she was due to marry before was killed by some sort of shadow of his brother Stannis.

I dont trust this Rose family from Highgarden that is for certain.

It has to have been either Tyrion or Sansa who has just as reason as anyone to want revenge on the evil ex King Joffrey.
    The smart money is on his own mother Cersie ,although I believe she intended the poison for Margarey ,but alas until such time
    as George Martin pens the finishing touches to 'Winds Of Winter ' we will forever be resigned to guesswork.

I actually thought Joffrey's demise was handled quite well ,granted not as masterfully as the images elicited by the
    the author ,but nevertheless this was in effect a 13 yr old oppressor who through no fault of his own and directly due to
    lineage was obliged to accept the huge power handed to him,and yet the Purple Wedding was resolute in its purpose
    to highlight the amoral son of Cersei and eradicate any shred of remorse the viewer would have felt for the death of
    a character with no redeeming qualities.

In saying that, I suppose the imagery of a kid scarcely into his teens tearing the flesh from his throat in a futile attempt
    to lessen the burn of the poison would have had HBO running scared.

Quote Originally Posted by redpelt
    I actually thought Joffrey's demise was handled quite well ,granted not as masterfully as the images elicited by the
    the author ,but nevertheless this was in effect a 13 yr old oppressor who through no fault of his own and directly due to
    lineage was obliged to accept the huge power handed to him,and yet the Purple Wedding was resolute in its purpose
    to highlight the amoral son of Cersei and eradicate any shred of remorse the viewer would have felt for the death of

In saying that, I suppose the imagery of a kid scarcely into his teens tearing the flesh from his throat in a futile attempt
    I also thought that HBO handled the Purple Wedding very well which is of course one of the most important chapters in the books.

I seem to remember at the end that Sansa was asked if she wanted to leave by the drunk Ser Dantos so i guess she is now on her way to Littlefinger in the Vale.

Poor old Tyrion will now be locked up for a crime that maybe he didn't committ but i dont want to spoil it by saying what happens next for those who havent read the books.
    Looking forward to Monday nights episode!

Quote Originally Posted by redpelt

I also thought that HBO handled the Purple Wedding very well which is of course one of the most important chapters in the books.

I seem to remember at the end that Sansa was asked if she wanted to leave by the drunk Ser Dantos so i guess she is now on her way to Littlefinger in the Vale.

Poor old Tyrion will now be locked up for a crime that maybe he didn't committ but i dont want to spoil it by saying what happens next for those who havent read the books.
    Looking forward to Monday nights episode!
    I personally cant wait to see the 8ft tall Behemoth they construct to be Cersei's champion ,but that would be
    introducing a massive spoiler and not to mention many episodes away ....So I wont continue down that road.

It was certainly a controversial episode last night with Jamie raping
    his sister Cersie next to the dead body of their son the former evil King Joffrey.

The thing is that there was no such scene in the books and the author George RR Martin has said he is very unhappy about this.

I think the best moment was when Darrio killed the Champion of Mereen by throwing that knife at his horse and then cutting his head off!

The scheming Littlefinger also popped up to take Sansa away on his ship but it meant death for the drunk fool Ser Dontos