Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Re: Game of Thrones

I enjoyed last weeks episode.
    We now know what the others do with the baby boys from Crastors Keep which is turn them into the undead just like them
    I also see that Locke the man who cut off Jaime Lannisters hand has turned up at the Nights watch on the wall.
    Has he been sent by Bolton to look for the Stark kids Bran and Rickon?
    No Stannis last week which was disappointing.

It was another fantastic performance from Peter Dinklage as Tyrion in last weeks episode and deserves to win plenty of awards.

There will be trial by combat to decide his fate!

Who will fight for the Dwarf? Surely it must be that Prince Oberyn who has a score to settle with the Lannisters and he can get his revenge against the Mountain.

Just seen the latest episode of Game Of Thrones ,aptly entitled 'The Watchers On The Wall'
    One would be forgiven for thinking they had tuned into the culmination of the latest Hobbit
    film such was the magnitude and quality of the CGI used to bring this battle to life.

I must admit I was enthralled by last weeks episode as it was strung together with some
    fine performances and knitted far more neatly than the latest instalment ,but in terms
    of gratuity and ceaseless battle scenes it was at times jaw dropping ,I just felt the
    passing of Ygritte in the arms of Jon Snow could have been so much more potent a scene
    with it being integral to the intensity of the script.

I have to say that i think last weeks episode 'The Watchers On The Wall' is the very best that Game of thrones has ever made.
    I was on the edge of my seat from the start to finish and the producers got everything pretty much spot on in my view.
    I loved the Giants in the Wildling army who were attacking the wall and even Sam the Slayer managed to kill some Thens with his cross bow!

I cant wait to see now how they will wrap things up for next weeks finally and hope it will feature my hero King Stannis saving the day and Tyrion escaping from the capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    I have to say that i think last weeks episode 'The Watchers On The Wall' is the very best that Game of thrones has ever made.
    I was on the edge of my seat from the start to finish and the producers got everything pretty much spot on in my view.
    I loved the Giants in the Wildling army who were attacking the wall and even Sam the Slayer managed to kill some Thens with his cross bow!

I cant wait to see now how they will wrap things up for next weeks finally and hope it will feature my hero King Stannis saving the day and Tyrion escaping from the capital.
    With the ramping up of the CGI ,then yes it was visually striking ,but I thought the battle of 'Blackwater was equally as
    imaginative and left you with a genuine affinity with the characters ,that episode for me played genuine homage to the
    authors original pen. I just thought it lost something in sating the clamour for throwing together a veritable gorge of
    CGI ,whereas 'Blackwater' (as well as being aesthetically pleasing to the eye) remained true to the spirit of the authors
    original intentions..... Best episode for me, was' The Red Wedding' mate.

I actually wish I had refrained from reading the literature ,because the series has made for some phenomenal viewing.
    What can I say Hams ,I'm a book snob

I have also read all the books and I'm patiently waiting for Mr George RR Martin to finish Winds of Winter which is the next one in the series.

I didn't think that there was too much CGI used in The Watchers on the wall episode and most of the action during the fight for Castle Black was genuine combat.

I will post what my favourite episodes so far after next weeks finale!

I have also read all the books and I'm patiently waiting for Mr George RR Martin to finish Winds of Winter which is the next one in the series.

I didn't think that there was too much CGI used in The Watchers on the wall episode and most of the action during the fight for Castle Black was genuine combat.

I will post what my favourite episodes so far after next weeks finale!
    Lets just agree that in comparison to other episodes there was a generous helping of effects that carried
    this penultimate episode through to next weeks eagerly awaited 4th series conclusion.

What do you think Hams ,will we see an arrow to the plums for our most highbrow actor ?

What do you think Hams ,will we see an arrow to the plums for our most highbrow actor ?
    If your talking about a certain Mr Charles Dance then I'm sure Tyrion will do us the pleasure during his escape from Kings Landing!

I'm surprised that we haven't seen Kat Stark return from the dead yet after she was so brutally murdered by the Boltons and Frey's at the Red Wedding?

Also what has happend to Bran and Rickon? The last i remember is that they had split up and gone their sepperate ways to avoid being captured together again.

If your talking about a certain Mr Charles Dance then I'm sure Tyrion will do us the pleasure during his escape from Kings Landing!

I'm surprised that we haven't seen Kat Stark return from the dead yet after she was so brutally murdered by the Boltons and Frey's at the Red Wedding?

Also what has happend to Bran and Rickon? The last i remember is that they had split up and gone their sepperate ways to avoid being captured together again.
    Going on what the actress herself is saying 'Lady Stoneheart' will not be making a reappearance ,which is
    the series taking a complete tangent from what unfolds in the books.

What a great finale to Season 4 of Game of thrones!

My hero king Stannis saved the Nights watch on the wall by defeating the wildling army.

Tyrion managed to escape from Kings Landing killing his former lover Shae and shooting his father Tywin dead while he was sat on the privy.

Bran finally found the magical tree he was searching for but one of his companions Jojen Reed died and Arya is now on a ship heading for Bravos.

The only scene on the show that isn't in the book was the fight between Brienne and The Hound but it was well done i hope not the last we see of Sandor Clegane.