Thread: Physical Striker

Physical Striker

I would like to play as a striker like heskey, andy carrol but mixing with walcott.

I have played for a long time Futsal ( indoor for the Americans), so I know how to defend and attack well.

Some characteristcs:
    I have 1,70 and weight 71 kgs
    I know to kick with both legs, and cross as well
    I consider myself to be explosive and fast
    I know how to shield the ball well
    I am good at heading and always win against defenders
    My dribble is pure physical( change of speed)
    I donīt have a good first touch when passing
    my agility is normal

What roles can I play as a striker to benefit from physical abilites and what physical abilites do you think are the most important?
    Also what skill do you think are more important to train for a striker?

Re: Physical Striker

Quote Originally Posted by Squex
    I would like to play as a striker like heskey, andy carrol but mixing with walcott.

I have played for a long time Futsal ( indoor for the Americans), so I know how to defend and attack well.

Some characteristcs:
    I have 1,70 and weight 71 kgs
    I know to kick with both legs, and cross as well
    I consider myself to be explosive and fast
    I know how to shield the ball well
    I am good at heading and always win against defenders
    My dribble is pure physical( change of speed)
    I donīt have a good first touch when passing
    my agility is normal

What roles can I play as a striker to benefit from physical abilites and what physical abilites do you think are the most important?
    Also what skill do you think are more important to train for a striker?
    The biggest skill to develop is: SCORING. If you can't score it doesn't matter what your physical attributes are. If you are on the shorter side (not sure how old you are and if you will still have some growth spurts in you), really work on your ability to keep the ball with dribbling, moves and change of pace to beat players....if you stay 1.7m you aren't going to be the dominating striker in the air so you're going to have to be a messy with the ball at your feet. If you have a thick or strong build work on the ability to sheild and turn with the ball or to hold up the ball to play it off to others.

Without seeing video of you playing it tough to tell the type of player you are and what areas you need to improve, etc.