Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Cup

Re: Scottish Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    It was really pathetic though that the Hoops have written a letter of complaint to the FA that they weren't given a penalty during the game.
    It shows a lack of class from the Parkhead outfit and has taken away some of the gloss from this famous victory from Inverness.
    They are not used to refs decisions going against them!

ICT 2 - 1 Falkirk.

Caley win the Scottish Cup for the first time in their history despite being pegged back from 1-0 up and having a man sent off. I know I should be p*ssed off but I am not. I say fair play to them and I hope they will get to the final next year against County and make it an all Highland affair (with the Staggies winning, obviously! )

The Scottish League Cup semi-final draw

Celtic V Ross County
    Hibernian V St Johnstone

Not at all worried about it, we have a 100% record against Celtic in cup semi-finals!.

The draw for the Scottish Cup 5th round

Motherwell vs Stirling Albion or Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    East Kilbride or Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale vs Celtic
    Dundee United vs Partick Thistle
    Dunfermline Athletic or Ross County vs Linlithgow Rose or Forfar Athletic
    Rangers vs Kilmarnock
    Annan Athletic vs Greenock Morton
    Dumbarton vs Dundee or Falkirk
    Heart of Midlothian vs Hibernian

What a fierce battle it will be between East Kilbride and Lothian Thistle for the honour of hosting Celtic with a money spinning home cup tie. County will still have to beat the high flying Pars and there is an Edinburgh derby as well!.

Ross County 3 - 1 Celtic

Highland Pride!!!

What a game!. Admittedly after 27 seconds i wasn't very hopeful of progressing but we fought back well!. We were lucky to get the penalty for the equaliser and I don't think Ambrose should have seen red - although judging by some of his performances this season I wasn't sure whether it would be a hinderence or a help!. The 2nd goal was dodgy too and Gordon was right to feel aggreived as it looked as of he was held back. The 3rd goal was a well taken breakaway and when we saved the rather weak penalty at the end we knew the game was up. Our first ever Scottish League Cup Final awaits and a trip to Hampden Park to meet Hibs in the final, getting the coach tickets booked now!.

PROUD TO BE A STAGGIE!!!

congrats on your win in the league cup Seamus and stopping Celtic from having any chance of winning the treble this season!
    Hope you enjoy your day out at Hampden Park against Hibs.

Choas ensues at the Scottish Cup quarter final draw as one of the balls accidentally opens revealing the name of the team so the whole thing was cancelled and re-done 15 minutes later!. It was bad luck for Dundee Utd who thought they had a tasty home tie against Celtic only to end up being drawn away to Ross County!.

Celtic v Morton
    Ross County v Dundee Utd
    Rangers or Kilmarnock v Dumbarton or Dundee
    Hearts or Hibernian v Inverness CT

Dundees Darren O'Dea saw the funny side of it and Tweeted 'If we get past Dumbarton we have Juventus in the Coppa Del Rey!'.

The draw for the semis sees Rangers and Celtic meet up again. The main question at the mo is what do they refer to this game as, It cant be the 'Old Firm' and it cant be called the 'New Firm' , that is apparently Aberdeen v Dundee Utd!.

Its a shame we went out to Dundee Utd or we could have had an El Highlado semi final aswell.

Scottish League Cup Final

Ross County 2 - 1 Hibernian

WHAT.A.GAME!

Fantastic result. To be fair to Hibs they dominated much of the first half and our goal was against the run of play. A good solid performance in midfield and our stand in keeper, Wood was in fine form. The goal right at the end was a real shocker - everyone thought it was going to go to extra time but Shalk was in the right place at the right time to tap the ball in after a wayward clearance. All in all a great day and a great atmosphere. Also great to shut the like of Pat Nevin up!, yes the hicks from the north have won the cup. Both of the domestic cups are now in the Highlands!

HIGHLAND PRIDE!!!

Congrats Seamus on Ross County winning the Scottish League cup!
    There will be an open bus top parade through the streets of Dingwall to celebrate.