Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: New forum home

Re: New forum home

I'm sure we'll get used to it. Not as drastic as the previous evolution.

The logo looks funny centered, though, particularly since the logo itself is created to be flush on the left, but the placement here is centered

But that's just me being nit-picky. As long as we don't crash or travel back in time again.

Will send an email to the IT dept tomorrow to ask if they can move the logo maybe to the left hand side of the screen?

Would be nice also to have some sort of catchy headline at the top to attract some new members before the new season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtz
    I'm sure we'll get used to it. Not as drastic as the previous evolution.

The logo looks funny centered, though, particularly since the logo itself is created to be flush on the left, but the placement here is centered

But that's just me being nit-picky. As long as we don't crash or travel back in time again.

Smilies and BBCode have been removed?

The smillies are still on the right hand side when you post a reply Boris.

What doesn't seem to be working is the quote function by the looks of the posts above this one!

BBCode seems to be off in the announcements section in particular.

Looks really nice here!. Once the little probs are fixed i'm sure it will be great!.

Used to be quite handy when coming on you could see which topics had recent replies too...think they highlighted red? So you could head straight to where the chat was, if you wished rather than fly blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    had a look on my phone last night.

very squashed and you don't get to see which topics have been replied to, when and by whom so you have no idea which topics to open up - or even which sections have new posts.

about three quarters of the page was just dead space.
    All because they've finally tried to optimise the forum for mobile viewing but decided to keep a full screen advert at the top of the page so you've got a mass of blank space below it. The solution would be to shrink the advert but that'd probably reduce earnings so I wouldn't hold my breath

That aside, as mentioned new posts no longer show up and the starting date and OP show below the post instead of most recent post

Fix those issues and its not a bad effort

Edit: Except for quotes not working obviously...

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the forum of late ? I keep getting a page full of debug
    messages instead of the post I've clicked on ,and there are blank voids where there was originally
    posts ?????

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead

It only occurs when I visit this forum ,so that rules out a problem my end ......I hope !

What F**k is going on.

I need my Specs bashing fix.