Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

Thread: Scottish Prem/Champ 2014/15

Re: Scottish Prem/Champ 2014/15

Motherwell 5 - 0 St Mirren
    Ross County 1 - 0 St Johnstone

Ross County make it 8 games unbeaten and increase the pressure on Partick and as for St Mirren, well Bye Bye Buddies!.

Dundee Utd 0-3 Celtic
    Dundee 0-2 St Johnstone
    Inverness CT 1-2 Aberdeen
    Ross County 1-2 Partick Thistle
    St Mirren 4-1 Kilmarnock
    Hamilton 2-0 Motherwell

Our 9 game unbeaten run comes to an end with a suprising home defeat to Partick. This game looked like 3 points in the bag. The only games on the post split fixtures list that caused me concern is the game against the Accies and a tricky trip to Motherwell. The saving grace is that with Motherwell losing we are still 6 points clear of any real danger and I think we can breath easy for the moment!. Aberdeen are still letting Celtic know they are behind them but seriously its all over at the top as the Hoops stroll to victory over Dundee Utd, whose only aim now seems to be to finish above their city rivals.

Cowdenbeath 1-2 Hearts
    Hibernian 4-1 Alloa
    Queen of Sth 2-1 Dumbarton
    Raith Rovers 0-4 Livingston
    Rangers 2-2 Falkirk

Rangers form continues to stutter as they manage to salvage a draw against Falkirk and with QoS 6 points behind it is really is anyones guess how this could end up. Its also pretty tight at the bottom with only a point seperating Cowdenbeath, Alloa and Livi.

Apparently based on form, Ross County were the 3rd best team in Europe until our defeat at the weekend!. Lazio and Arsenal taking the top spots.

The big match tonight is the Championship playoff first leg as Hibernian travel to Ibrox to face Rangers. I think Rangers might scrape the win tonight but Hibs will win over the 2 legs. The main thing is that County are safe from the drop after the win at the weekend so the winners of the playoff will face Motherwell.

Congrats Seamus on Ross County surviving another season in the top flight. It must be a relief after their poor start to season and new manager etc.

Rangers beat Hibs 2-0 in 1st leg at Ibrox.

Will that be enough to win the tie?

Still think Hibs will win it at Easter Road.

County have released 12 players including both goalkeepers and our captain Richie Brittain!. So we now only have 8 players on our books - hoping big Jim can attract some decent players!.

Rangers lost the 2nd leg 1-0 at Hibs but win the tie 2-1 and will now take on Motherwell in a promotion/relegation play off final.

Rangers 1- 3 Motherwell

Glad that Rangers got humped here and look to be playing back in the Championship next season but with the 2nd leg still to play you never can tell with Rangers - they might just pull it off yet.

I don't think Rangers will win the 2nd leg at Motherwell plus i also believe its too soon for the Gers to win promotion to the
    Premiership as they don't have a good enough squad of players so should stay in Championship another season to give Stuart McCall a chance to continue to rebuild.

Motherwell 3-0 Rangers (6-1 on aggregate).

Motherwell survive for another season in the top flight and Rangers will have to pull their act together if they wont to get to the SPFL. They still have financial difficulties and I agree that it is too soon for them to take that step up.