Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2014

NFL 2014

New season thread here.

God bless. Go Broncos.

Re: NFL 2014

Yay! - finally its back.

Ill be hoping that the Giants can improve from last seasons disaster and get to the play-offs. Maybe Miami can do it aswell, always so close with them.

Whats the prediction for the Broncos - another Superbowl appearance?.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus
    Yay! - finally its back.

Ill be hoping that the Giants can improve from last seasons disaster and get to the play-offs. Maybe Miami can do it aswell, always so close with them.

Whats the prediction for the Broncos - another Superbowl appearance?.
    Anything less is a failure.

Kick-off tonight when the Seahawks start their title defense hosting the Green Bay Packers.

The mood of the majority of men I have spoken to today has been more positive than usual. Football is back!!

Well... The Seahawks not only showed that they are every bit as good as they were last year, but possibly even better. A healthy Percy Harvin makes them a top offense to go with their league best defense, so it's tough to see who has the calibre to challenge them from winning it all again. They made Rodgers look pedestrian and his receivers pretty hopeless.

A bit nervy at the end though, but for a change, the defense bailed out Denver from blowing a huge lead established in the first half against the Colts.

A Patriots loss to the Dolphins was also interesting. Usually Tom Brady (and now his beard) would find a way to find a result, but the Dolphins did just enough to take a close one.

Great first sunday of actions with 2 overtime games and mostly really close games.

Well I was full of optimism after Miami beat the Pats only to see them crash to a demoralising defeat to Buffalo!. The Giants have started off the season right where the last one ended - in total disarray!.

I Think my dream of a Dolphins V Giants Superbowl is not going to materialise!.

Losing Moreno for an extended period of time is a huge blow to the Dolphins, as he is a fantastic change of pace back.

The Giants and Jets continue to be the two most hilarious teams in the league.

I am hoping Seattle continues their losing form from San Diego when they host my Broncos.

A couple of corking games there with last years Superbowl re-run going to overtime. The Seattle rock solid defence seemed to fall apart at the end but held on to get the win in overtime. The Eagles had a tough time against a Redskins team without RG3, they look the team to beat again in the NFC East. A decent win for the Giants and again the Dolphins were unable to pull off a miracle against the Cheifs.

Do you think that performance against Seattle will help rebuild Peytons confidence?.

Now that Manning knows he can pick apart that defense even in the noise, coming from behind, I think that will do him nicely. I think had we gotten the ball in OT, we would have done the same thing and drove down and end the game in 1 drive.

He'll have the bye week now, so he'll come into the other match-ups knowing that he took the best defense in the league and put them to the sword.

Denver really needs Montee Ball, CJ Anderson, and Ronnie Hillman to step it up the way Moreno did, or else there is no way we are winning the Super Bowl through the air. The run game is now crucial to any sort of success, and right now, our backs are decent at best. Definitely think we should have tried to stick with Moreno and maybe franchise tagged him even for just this season.