Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2014

Re: NFL 2014

Okay - playoffs fast approaching. As it stands the Pats, Brocnos and Colts are all through ( despite being destroyed by the Cowboys last night!). It is between the Steelers and the Bengals in the AFC North for divisional winners but both should be heading through to post season. The Chargers should get the wildcard aswell.

In the NFC, Dallas are the only confirmed divisional winners after the Eagles surprise defeat to the Skins. It is between the Lions and the Packers in the NFC North and the Seahawks and Cardinals in the NFC West. The NFC South looks awful but one of those teams will be heading into the playoffs with a records of under 50% - while the Eagles could be eliminated with a record of 10-6!.

So with the Giants and the Dolphins out i'm hoping to see a Steelers v Cardinals superbowl - that would be an interesting one but I know deep down it will probably be a Patriots v Cowboys superbowl - in which case I would the ground to open up and swallow both teams!.

playoffs

Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots

Carolina Panthers @ Seattle Seahawks

Dallas Cowboys @ Green Bay Packers

Indianapolis Colts @ Denver Broncos

Would love to see the Ravens beat the Pats and also for the Packers to beat the Cowboys, who left it late the clinch the win against the Lions.

Two excellent games last weekend: Ravens @ Patriots and Cowboys @ Packers.

I shared your hopes @Seamus, i was supporting Ravens and Packers, altough Packers game i watched with much more interest... Impressive performance by Aaron Rodgers, who played with injured calf. Randall Cobb was in the mood, as well. Bring on the Seahawks!

Missed the Packers game but was delighted with the result. I was dreading a Patriots V Cowboys superbowl - I probably wouldnt even watch it!. But now I know I can - and with Katy Perry doing the half-time show its an added bonus!.

Was shocked by the Denver result. Peyton had a nightmare. The Colts defence looked good but Peyton just looked tired. Now he is saying he might even leave the Broncos.

AFC Championship

Indianapolis Colts V New England Patriots

NFC Championship

Green Bay Packers V Seattle Seahawks

A Colts V Packers superbowl looks unlikely but I would like to see that match up.

Absolutely incredible game from Seattle today. I don't watch American "football" very often but i did today and i am glad i did.
    Marshawn Lynch has to be the league MPV ,game changer .

Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    Absolutely incredible game from Seattle today. I don't watch American "football" very often but i did today and i am glad i did.
    Marshawn Lynch has to be the league MPV ,game changer .
    Of the Seahawks, yes, but Demarco Murray of the Cowboys had an almost historic year and should be able to win handily

So its the Seattle Seahawks against the New England Patriots in the superbowl. I will of course be rooting for the Seahawks to make it 2 in a row but I think the Pats will sin in the end. They have a rampant offensive and seem to just run straight through defences - even the Seattle defence wont handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus
    So its the Seattle Seahawks against the New England Patriots in the superbowl. I will of course be rooting for the Seahawks to make it 2 in a row but I think the Pats will sin in the end. They have a rampant offensive and seem to just run straight through defences - even the Seattle defence wont handle it.
    I don;t know anything about this sport ,but i must say i have to agree with that Seamus. Seattle's defense was absolutely garbage and offered Wilson almost no protection at all. I haven't watched new England this seasons but if what you say is true it could be another battering dished out by them and Wilson and Lynch's heroics won't be able to bail them out.

Depends on how Sherman's arm is.