Ross County have sacked manager Derek Adams and his father George Adams, the clubs Director of Football.

. I am shocked and saddened by all this. This is the guy who took us from Division 2 to the top tier and got us to a Cup final, masterminding fantastic wins against Hibs and Celtic. He turned the club around and made it what it is today - a few bad results and he is out on his ear - and who the hell is going to replace him?!.

Its been a bad start to the season - 3 defeats and bottom of the league but it was the same last season and we turned it round after New Year with great results and some inspired transfer activity. We just beat Stranraer in the cup to get a bit of confidence going and then they sack him the next day?!. He has been doing a good job under difficult circumstances and seemed to have the fans support. Whoever comes in next will have the same issues and will be expected to work wonders. We only have 5 players left from last season, the rest are loanees or short term contracts - you cant build a team with that philosophy. The board need to work hard to keep the best players here and back it up with decent contracts.

I would like to see Terry Butcher take charge here. He is a decent manager who did well with Caley and as far as I know, still lives up here and knows the area well. Some fans might not like the idea of a former Caley manager in charge but I think he is the right man for the job. Knowing County though they will probably end up bringing in some old feck like Dick Campbell!.

Sad day.