Page 1 of 38 1211 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 377

Thread: Lets fight the Islamic State

  1. #1

    Lets fight the Islamic State

    With a 2nd American hostage having just had his head cut of by the Islamic state isnt it time that the west took action against them?

    Why are President Barack Obama and UK PM David Cameron dithering on what to do?

    We are facing our biggest threat since Nazi Germany and the 2 most important leaders in the world dont have any sort of plan of action FFS!

    If people dont think that what is happening in the Middle East wont effect them they are not living in the real world as the threat is growing on a daily basis.

    We also need to bring Assad of Syria on board even though he brutally ordered his armed forces to kill protesters at the start of his own civil war.

  2. #2

    Re: Lets fight the Islamic State

    This is a map showing the parts of the world that IS have plans to rule.


  3. #3

    Re: Lets fight the Islamic State

    like i said on 18 June on this very forum:

    it wont be long before we end up with another Ottoman-style Islamic empire across the Middle East. it's a good job it is a religion of peace or us infidels could have been in trouble.
    and again in July:

    only the annihilaion of Israel would satisfy the cravings of Sharia Law. the abolition of Israel and her citizens would lead to another step closer to a reformation of the Ottoman Empire lead by factions of hard line Islamists across the Middle East. these uprisings in Egypt, Iraq, Syria and elsewhere have all followed the same pattern (with the notable exception of Syria due to their vast army) and it is often said that revolution leads inevitably to tyranny which is precisely what we see. those tyrannical factions have extremist islamic ideologies as their driving force and, make no mistake, they'll spread like wildfire given half a chance.

    i don't think you need me to spell out what the intentions of a joint Ottoman style uprising would be if it were to ever happen. you only need to read the quotes from ISIS, Al-Qaeda or even ayatollah khomeini.
    But, of course, the Jewish State is the real problem in that region.

  4. #4

    Re: Lets fight the Islamic State

    Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    With a 2nd American hostage having just had his head cut of by the Islamic state isnt it time that the west took action against them?
    There have been 2 murders and you're ready to go to war Hams, what about the thousands of innocent lives we have dubbed collateral damage in Iraq?

    We are facing our biggest threat since Nazi Germany and the 2 most important leaders in the world dont have any sort of plan of action FFS!

    If people dont think that what is happening in the Middle East wont effect them they are not living in the real world as the threat is growing on a daily basis.

    We also need to bring Assad of Syria on board even though he brutally ordered his armed forces to kill protesters at the start of his own civil war.
    What makes you so confident that the threat to us is "growing on a daily basis"? If anything, we should have learnt that only through military involvement do we increase the threat to our lives. This kind of sensationalism is incredibly dangerous and not helpful to the situation at all. The reason they made these videos and specifically chose an English-speaking killer was so as to draw us into the conflict.

    Two Americans have been murdered in horrific conditions and as saddening as that is, their deaths are not any more significant than those caused by Assad and his regime, getting into bed with him is a frightening thought. And as I mentioned in another thread, why are we not similarly outraged by the beheadings committed by our Saudi Arabian allies last month?

    That map you posted was sourced from twitter by ABC News and is absolute scare-mongering b*llocks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    But, of course, the Jewish State is the real problem in that region.
    Nobody thinks that, but what some do think is that it would be far easier for the western world to stop Israel than it would be ISIS.

  5. #5

    Re: Lets fight the Islamic State

    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Kroenke's moustache
    And as I mentioned in another thread, why are we not similarly outraged by the beheadings committed by our Saudi Arabian allies last month?
    it's that three step checklist i mentioned before.

    1. look after your own
    2. look after others in your land
    3. look after others in their land

    these beheadings fail at the first hurdle and so become a priority as they're relevant to our own citizens (both the perps and the victims).

  6. #6

    Re: Lets fight the Islamic State

    I agree with Stan that going in with excessive military force, causing civilian casualties, is not the way forward. History tells us time and again if one country invades another and kills her sons and daughters they are stirring up bitter hatred and almost certain retribution at a later date. We never learn from this simple lesson though, and I suspect we never will. We (I'm including our American allies as 'we') have bombed the hell out of Iraq, and had troops on the ground in Afghanistan for many years now. Guess what? The problem hasn't gone away despite all the killing we've done, the Islamist extremists just seem to get madder for some reason.

    We have to respond, however, because religion is a very powerful weapon if you want to persuade young men to go to war. Islam is a threat to world 'peace' (I use that term very loosely) and we cannot stick our heads in the sand and hope it goes away. The vast majority of Muslims just want to get on with their lives, without killing 'infidels' or anyone else for that matter. You have to filter out the screeching media fear mongering and get things in perspective.The response has to be targetted at the extreme elements who carry out the acts of terrorism. The Americans showed they could do that when got Bin Laden in Pakistan. Keep chopping the head off and sooner or later the body is going to weaken and die.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

  7. #7

    Re: Lets fight the Islamic State

    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Kroenke's moustache
    And as I mentioned in another thread, why are we not similarly outraged by the beheadings committed by our Saudi Arabian allies last month?
    it's that three step checklist i mentioned before.

    1. look after your own
    2. look after others in your land
    3. look after others in their land

    these beheadings fail at the first hurdle and so become a priority as they're relevant to our own citizens (both the perps and the victims).
    The Saudi Arabian beheadings fail your first hurdle too. As I've said in another thread though I still disagree completely, it should be expected that you treat your own citizens well, how you treat less powerful nations is more telling to me.

  8. #8

    Re: Lets fight the Islamic State

    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Kroenke's moustache
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    But, of course, the Jewish State is the real problem in that region.
    Nobody thinks that, but what some do think is that it would be far easier for the western world to stop Israel than it would be ISIS.
    1st of all I find this comparison between Israel and ISIS very offensive to say the least.

    2nd by what you are saying the western world should start with the easier problem. By this logic if a patient comes to the doctor suffering from a cold and a gunshot wound to the chest the doctor should first attend to the cold. I hope you're not a doctor

  9. #9

    Re: Lets fight the Islamic State

    Quote Originally Posted by eurxe
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Kroenke's moustache
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    But, of course, the Jewish State is the real problem in that region.
    Nobody thinks that, but what some do think is that it would be far easier for the western world to stop Israel than it would be ISIS.
    1st of all I find this comparison between Israel and ISIS very offensive to say the least.

    2nd by what you are saying the western world should start with the easier problem. By this logic if a patient comes to the doctor suffering from a cold and a gunshot wound to the chest the doctor should first attend to the cold. I hope you're not a doctor
    That's not a fair comparison because both of those can be attended to. To continue your bizarre metaphor if a patient comes to the doctor with an incurable disease and a cold then yes the cold should be treated.

  10. #10

    Re: Lets fight the Islamic State

    That map you posted was sourced from twitter by ABC News and is absolute scare-mongering b*llocks.
    Sorry Stan but i disagree.
    The map i posted might have been sourced by ABC news from Twitter but it is one that has been produced by ISIS
    so they can show us where in the future their Islamic Caliphate will be located and if we dont act now this will become a reality one day.

    Spain is included because they were once ruled by the Moors of North Africa who were Muslim which is bad news if you have a holiday home there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •