Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets fight the Islamic State

Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    But you are comparing natural disaster to domestic conflict , it's a completely wrong analogy to make. As humans we are supposed to help someone who are in need due to natural causes if they need help. But when it's apolitical upheaval we ned to say out. Because there will always be the cloud of the people who we help rewarding us with some under the table gain as part of the deal. If you are going in there to help one side for a reason then make it public that thetas what you are.

you're moving the goalposts again. your second question, after the first one was successfully answered, was "What i mean is when have they gone to help people of colour in a foreign land?"

what is humanitarian aid if not helping? what is pulling people from rubble? funding significant rescue efforts? using national resources to help a country and its people in times of need?

I quite agree that I'd like to see us refrain from the theatre of foreign political upheaval far more than we do and have said as much countless times in countless different ways.

but your questions were leading ones. they were deliberately implying that Western powers do not help, nor do they want to help, people of colour. that is demonstrably false. the politicking and string pulling is an entirely separate thing. to say (or even imply) we do nothing to help is just false, plain and simple.

What as Islam done for Black people ?
    I haven't got a clue ,but it's done less harm to us than Christianity i'll tell you that pal.
    I'll go to my grave believing black criminal go to jail in America become Muslim and for the rest of their life lead a law abiding life which is clean and disciplined , primarily because Christianity in that country has been the terror document that has hunted them since the set foot off of the slave ship.
    Islam is about as colorless a religion you will get .Pictured i saw of Mecca were a about as diverse as you'll get.
    That doesn't mean i'll join up any time soon ,i firmly believe only the lost follow.
    what's with this whataboutery? it was a simple question and I didn't refer to Christianity or any other religion.

what has Islam done for black people?

the gaps in your history knowledge is vast and blinkered. fill it with answering the above question as your homework assignment and get back to me. because if I tell you, and I have done several times, you're not interested and seek to counter it through the filter of whataboutery.

focus on that question alone. look at what Islam has done to Africa and Africans and is doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    you're moving the goalposts again. your second question, after the first one was successfully answered, was "What i mean is when have they gone to help people of colour in a foreign land?"

I should have been more specific. But seeing we are not in a thread that has its foundation in military conflict i just took it for granted that that train of thought would not morph into natural disasters.

what is humanitarian aid if not helping? what is pulling people from rubble? funding significant rescue efforts? using national resources to help a country and its people in times of need?
    That's choice made by country that has been asked or has offered their services in a event that was not man made.
    We are talking about taking sides in social conflict here are we not?

but your questions were leading ones. they were deliberately implying that Western powers do not help, nor do they want to help, people of colour. that is demonstrably false. the politicking and string pulling is an entirely separate thing. to say (or even imply) we do nothing to help is just false, plain and simple.
    Well you need to give me examples of when they have done so then ,when it hasn't benefited them. Its not in their DNA mate you just have to learn to live with that fact. It is a general statement regarding solely our governments decision and not that of independent organizations. I want to know when it has happened not in Vietnam, Not IN WW2 in and Not in the current conflict in the middle east. If you find one instance where it happened i guarantee i will find you 30 to counter it ,basically ridiculing any notion that our country has the level of benevolence we like to believe .

what's with this whataboutery? it was a simple question and I didn't refer to Christianity or any other religion.
    I just gave you an example of how Islam has helped black people.
    You see i think what needs to be understood is that when the flowers of Islam trying to wipe out people how didn't follow Islam they did so because they thought their teachings were superior. When the European went to foreign countries with that bible in hand ,they did so because they thought the PEOPLE were inferior. Its a different mindset.

the gaps in your history knowledge is vast and blinkered. fill it with answering the above question as your homework assignment and get back to me. because if I tell you, and I have done several times, you're not interested and seek to counter it through the filter of whataboutery.
    focus on that question alone. look at what Islam has done to Africa and Africans and is doing right now.
    As i have said i see what Islam is doing in Africa and it is based on the region and NOT what the people look like.
    But since you bring it up go look at Frances input in say Nigeria with those Islamic extremists . Funnelling weapons to them to keep killing their own people

mate, if you think that Islam has been a positive influence on Africa and black people then good luck to you.

i'll bow out here.

mate, if you think that Islam has been a positive influence on Africa and black people then good luck to you.

i'll bow out here.
    That's not what i was saying though was it!
    Particularly i Africa .
    In America in some area which i have described it has been positive influence based on where a small minority of black folks were at that point in their life (Jail) .
    That's some flipping trampoline you got there getting from that place to where you go to with that statement ffs!
    You know my opinion on religion by now ,but my issue with people how have problem make decisions based on WHAT I LOOK LIKE not what i believe in.
    There should be no confusion in that in this discussion.
    Last edited by specnur; 23-05-2017 at 02:41 PM.

That's not what i was saying though was it!
    Particularly i Africa .
    In America in some area which i have described it has been positive influence based on where a small minority of black folks were at that point in their life (Jail) .
    That's some flipping trampoline you got there getting from that place to where you go to with that statement ffs!
    You know my opinion on religion by now ,but my issue with people how have problem make decisions based on WHAT I LOOK LIKE not what i believe in.
    There should be no confusion in that in this discussion.
    well with your whataboutery and tangents it can be like pinning jelly to a wall getting a straight answer out of you sometimes

I'm not entirely sure why you hold a preference for inhumane treatment of people based on their thoughts over their appearance anyway. both are utterly and equally abhorrent to me.

I'm not entirely sure why you hold a preference for inhumane treatment of people based on their thoughts over their appearance anyway. both are utterly and equally abhorrent to me.
    Because you can do nothing about your appearance but you can do everything about your thoughts .
    It might make you feel uncomfortable changing your views,but it may save your life or enhance it.
    People die because of the colour of their skin and that alone , Stephen Lawrence is a fine example of that.
    If you are are racist you can pretend not to be and make a situation more comfortable ,if you follow a religion that doesn't fit to your beliefs ,you can change that to fit into whatever society you chose .
    Basically in some parts of the world what you look like is an affliction that holds you back for living life a streamlined as the majority of that land.
    If you can't see why i have a problem with that ,then your a ability to see anything from a ethnic perspective is worse than i thought.
    Last edited by specnur; 31-05-2017 at 06:57 AM.

Just before i forget here is list of countries where the west overthrew the democratically elected governments.
    Iran 1953
    Jordan 1957
    Indonesia 1965
    Algeria 1990
    Azerbaijan 1993
    Palestine 2007
    Egypt 2013

So lets end the myth about terrorist hating us for our "freedoms" or democracy, or that they follow a primitive region that brainwashes them into doing such, here shall we and try and focus on what really might be driving them outside of mental illness .

Because you can do nothing about your appearance but you can do everything about your thoughts.
    that doesn't make it any better, if anything it is arguably worse.

It might make you feel uncomfortable changing your views,but it may save your life or enhance it
    starting to get into 'skin scrubbing' territory here. whilst I wont condemn the instinctive self-preservation of those that live a lie in order to simply live, you're pretty much emphasising my point about how hideous this all is.

People die because of the colour of their skin and that alone , Stephen Lawrence is a fine example of that.
    people die because of their chosen religion not being the 'correct' one and that alone. people also die because they've decided to leave a certain religion, and that alone. there are countless fine examples of that.

If you are are racist you can pretend not to be and make a situation more comfortable ,if you follow a religion that doesn't fit to your beliefs ,you can change that to fit into whatever society you chose .
    which highlights the absurdity of religion - picking and choosing to fit your personal situation. however, you try amending your adherence to the 'Word of God' if you live within one of the Sharia zones and see what happens.

Basically in some parts of the world what you look like is an affliction that holds you back for living life a streamlined as the majority of that land. If you can't see why i have a problem with that ,then your a ability to see anything from a ethnic perspective is worse than i thought.
    I think these days more people around the world suffer, and suffer more seriously, because of their thoughts than what they look like.

there will be variants place to place but I think its true of the world as a whole.

racial equality, while a distant (and probably impossible) dream, is on an upward trajectory for the most part. the freedom of ideas around the world has perhaps never been under as much threat since the Enlightenment. then, as with now, religion is a major factor in that.

Just before i forget here is list of countries where the west overthrew the democratically elected governments.
    Iran 1953
    Jordan 1957
    Indonesia 1965
    Algeria 1990
    Azerbaijan 1993
    Palestine 2007
    Egypt 2013

So lets end the myth about terrorist hating us for our "freedoms" or democracy, or that they follow a primitive region that brainwashes them into doing such, here shall we and try and focus on what really might be driving them outside of mental illness .
    have you got a list of the countries Sweden overthrew? or are they just 'The West' because they're whiteys?