Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12312 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets fight the Islamic State

Re: Lets fight the Islamic State

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Kroenke's moustache
    Quote Originally Posted by eurxe
    That's not a fair comparison because both of those can be attended to. To continue your bizarre metaphor if a patient comes to the doctor with an incurable disease and a cold then yes the cold should be treated.
    If you are willing to accept ISIS and say there's nothing we can do about it (like the incurable disease) in my eyes you lose the right to critisize anyone.
    Throwing in the towel and trying to find easier jobs is not an option when you are fighting these people.
    If you had read any of my posts on this matter you would have seen that I believe in diplomatic solutions and humanitarian aid. I do not believe going back into Iraq will resolve the issue nor do I think that is my government's intentions.
    I read everything posted on these subjects, believe me.
    A diplomatic solution with who? Do you really think you can nagotiate with ISIS leaders?

If you are willing to accept ISIS and say there's nothing we can do about it (like the incurable disease) in my eyes you lose the right to critisize anyone.
    Throwing in the towel and trying to find easier jobs is not an option when you are fighting these people.
    If you had read any of my posts on this matter you would have seen that I believe in diplomatic solutions and humanitarian aid. I do not believe going back into Iraq will resolve the issue nor do I think that is my government's intentions.
    I read everything posted on these subjects, believe me.
    A diplomatic solution with who? Do you really think you can nagotiate with ISIS leaders?
    Yes.

Yes.
    Than you just don't understand what radical Islam means.
    You are hoping they think like you. That they have the same notion of good and bad and of intrests and weakness.

You are wrong.

Yes.
    You are hoping they think like you. That they have the same notion of good and bad and of intrests and weakness.

You are wrong.
    I think the idea that these are crazy terrorists who will see no reason is simply western propaganda. They have their reasons for doing what they are doing and thus they can be negotiated with.

Yes.

You are wrong.
    I think the idea that these are crazy terrorists who will see no reason is simply western propaganda. They have their reasons for doing what they are doing and thus they can be negotiated with.
    If their core mission is the termination of a nation and the complete Islami-zation (word?) of a whole region of the planet, you think they will actually come to the table and negotiate? What they want is already radical, and frankly it's incredibly naive of you to think they will not only negotiate, but actually follow any sort of documents/agreements that come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtz

You are wrong.
    If their core mission is the termination of a nation and the complete Islami-zation (word?) of a whole region of the planet, you think they will actually come to the table and negotiate? What they want is already radical, and frankly it's incredibly naive of you to think they will not only negotiate, but actually follow any sort of documents/agreements that come out of it.
    That map Hams posted is in all likelihood a complete fabrication. Do you think the alternative to diplomatic resolutions and humanitarian aid (which is military intervention) will increase or decrease the violence in the region?

Stan I urge you to read about the different groups within the salafiyah ideology especially about "salafiyah jihadiyah" or salafist jihadism and the "salafiyah takfiriyah".

What you seem to miss is that when a jihadi salafist leader starts to talk with the west a new group will rise, call him a "kafir" (infidel) and carry on his work in making the world one big islamic state. Since there are about 1.5 billion muslims and 1% of them are jihadi salafists or worst you are faced with 15 million of these not so nice people.

Good luck apeasing all of them while still maintaining your way of life.

That map Hams posted is in all likelihood a complete fabrication. Do you think the alternative to diplomatic resolutions and humanitarian aid (which is military intervention) will increase or decrease the violence in the region?
    I wasn't referring to the map Hams had posted. I am going off what I have seen/read. Take that as you may.

You cannot have diplomatic resolutions when ISIS is not even a state. They are an organization looking to take over the middle east in, I believe what was referred to here, a similar way the Ottoman Empire did.

I do not think diplomatic resolutions will have any effect at all with them. I do not want an all-out war, either. I want a carefully calculated attack on their leaders and destroy their capabilities before they are able to reach my block. Sending boots on the ground right away similar to Afghanistan/Iraq won't resolve anything, in my opinion. It is important that the intelligence and strategy is sound with NATO signing off on it and attack precise targets with as little soldiers on the ground as possible. Take out their leadership and their financiers.

That map is Dar el-Islam. They are not denying their goal of freeing dar el-islam but that's not the point I was aiming for.

You keep running away from violance at any cost. While I agree that violance is rarely the answer somtimes it is. Goi g back to the sick patient analogy when some one has a cancerous tumor you cut it out or use radiation/chemical therapy. These are all uses of force which are bad for the body temporeraly but are aimed at helping the body in the long run.

We need to help the muslim society get rid of it's cancerous radical tumor before the body dies...
    This is the real humanitarian aid they need.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtz

I wasn't referring to the map Hams had posted. I am going off what I have seen/read. Take that as you may.

You cannot have diplomatic resolutions when ISIS is not even a state. They are an organization looking to take over the middle east in, I believe what was referred to here, a similar way the Ottoman Empire did.

I do not think diplomatic resolutions will have any effect at all with them. I do not want an all-out war, either. I want a carefully calculated attack on their leaders and destroy their capabilities before they are able to reach my block. Sending boots on the ground right away similar to Afghanistan/Iraq won't resolve anything, in my opinion. It is important that the intelligence and strategy is sound with NATO signing off on it and attack precise targets with as little soldiers on the ground as possible. Take out their leadership and their financiers.
    If we somehow manage to take ISIS out without thousands of civilian casualties another group much worse will prop up in its place. I thought we had learned from our past mistakes.

If your concern is simply them being a threat to you then the sure-fire way to ensure they do attack America is through military involvement.

Stan I urge you to read about the different groups within the salafiyah ideology especially about "salafiyah jihadiyah" or salafist jihadism and the "salafiyah takfiriyah".

What you seem to miss is that when a jihadi salafist leader starts to talk with the west a new group will rise, call him a "kafir" (infidel) and carry on his work in making the world one big islamic state. Since there are about 1.5 billion muslims and 1% of them are jihadi salafists or worst you are faced with 15 million of these not so nice people.

Good luck apeasing all of them while still maintaining your way of life.
    I would be very surprised if anything close to 1% of the muslims of the world were jihadi salafists.