Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23413 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets fight the Islamic State

Re: Lets fight the Islamic State

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Kroenke's moustache
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtz

That map Hams posted is in all likelihood a complete fabrication. Do you think the alternative to diplomatic resolutions and humanitarian aid (which is military intervention) will increase or decrease the violence in the region?
    I wasn't referring to the map Hams had posted. I am going off what I have seen/read. Take that as you may.

You cannot have diplomatic resolutions when ISIS is not even a state. They are an organization looking to take over the middle east in, I believe what was referred to here, a similar way the Ottoman Empire did.

I do not think diplomatic resolutions will have any effect at all with them. I do not want an all-out war, either. I want a carefully calculated attack on their leaders and destroy their capabilities before they are able to reach my block. Sending boots on the ground right away similar to Afghanistan/Iraq won't resolve anything, in my opinion. It is important that the intelligence and strategy is sound with NATO signing off on it and attack precise targets with as little soldiers on the ground as possible. Take out their leadership and their financiers.
    If we somehow manage to take ISIS out without thousands of civilian casualties another group much worse will prop up in its place. I thought we had learned from our past mistakes.

If your concern is simply them being a threat to you then the sure-fire way to ensure they do attack America is through military involvement.
    That's why you come in with an actual set strategy to target their leadership and financiers. At the end of the day, if you cut of their pot of gold, they can't arm themselves. There were about a total of zero casualties during the night they killed Bin Laden. The capability to do that is there, they just can't be rash about it.

The number is based on wikipedia which braught the number from FRONTLINE. Instead of beimg surprised look it up.

If we somehow manage to take ISIS out without thousands of civilian casualties another group much worse will prop up in its place. I thought we had learned from our past mistakes.

If your concern is simply them being a threat to you then the sure-fire way to ensure they do attack America is through military involvement.
    That's why you come in with an actual set strategy to target their leadership and financiers. At the end of the day, if you cut of their pot of gold, they can't arm themselves. There were about a total of zero casualties during the night they killed Bin Laden. The capability to do that is there, they just can't be rash about it.
    Killing unarmed terrorists and making them martyrs to many more is not my idea of resolving the conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by eurxe
    The number is based on wikipedia which braught the number from FRONTLINE. Instead of beimg surprised look it up.
    I googled that term and couldn't find anything on wikipedia. The onus is on you to provide citation for your claims, eurxe.

I am starting to question your googling skills

Another point i'd like to make is that Islamic State are so extreme that not even Al Qaeda want to have anything to do with them which surely must tell us something!?

I dont believe that it will ever be possible to sit down around a table with these rats and agree on some sort of peace treaty and the only option is to destroy these rodents.

Killing unarmed terrorists and making them martyrs to many more is not my idea of resolving the conflict.
    Unarmed terrorist? I'm not really sure how that works.

Unarmed terrorist? I'm not really sure how that works.
    If I kill someone several years ago that doesn't mean I'm necessarily armed during my arrest. Bin Laden should have been arrested and given a fair trial.

If I kill someone several years ago that doesn't mean I'm necessarily armed during my arrest. Bin Laden should have been arrested and given a fair trial.
    They were shooting at the SEALs when they were trying to capture him. You think you would take that risk if you were in that mission and tell your guys not to shoot because he might be unarmed? He could have been packing a bomb to that gun fight for all they know.

Easier said from your comfy house, isn't it?

They were shooting at the SEALs when they were trying to capture him. You think you would take that risk if you were in that mission and tell your guys not to shoot because he might be unarmed? He could have been packing a bomb to that gun fight for all they know.

Easier said from your comfy house, isn't it?
    I'm no expert in bomb disposal but I don't think shooting at it is the best option if that's a possibility. Only one of the five killed during the raid were actually armed, they could have given them an opportunity to surrender.

I'm no expert in bomb disposal but I don't think shooting at it is the best option if that's a possibility. Only one of the five killed during the raid were actually armed, they could have given them an opportunity to surrender.
    Nah, as much as I'm in favour of moderation in violence you don't show mercy to such peolpe, they look on it as weakness. Besides, risking the lives of Allied soldiers in the hope that the enemy is open to negotiation is not something any military commander will entertain, and why should he? The Muslim extremists have to know that the game they are playing is high stakes or the recruitment process will become a lot easier. Sorry Stan, but these people aren't up for negotiation, it is written into their religion that they destroy the infidel. We have to show them that making war with the West may draw their meeting with Allah a bit closer.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!