Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Football.Co.Uk Forum Awards 2014 - The Results

Re: Football.Co.Uk Forum Awards 2014 - The Results

Congrats to the winners, well deserved in keeping this forum an interesting place to visit. I don't post all today often anymore but still read through the forum almost daily, it's not as busy as it once was but there's still plenty of great debate every week that makes visiting worthwhile.

It'd be nice to have some former members make a return, so many memorable (and bizarre) posters and threads over the past 10 years thinking back, the big rev era era being my personal favourite!

Quote Originally Posted by redpelt
    I'd like to close with how encouraging it is that some posters don't view intelligent discourse as a
    mask to disguise limited football knowledge..........And to some a modicum of football knowledge
    seeps through from a succession of elaborate writing..... Thanks guys
    There you go sewing up the award for next year with that post! ; )
    We don't stand a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Conaldinho
    Congrats to the winners, well deserved in keeping this forum an interesting place to visit. I don't post all today often anymore but still read through the forum almost daily, it's not as busy as it once was but there's still plenty of great debate every week that makes visiting worthwhile.

It'd be nice to have some former members make a return, so many memorable (and bizarre) posters and threads over the past 10 years thinking back, the big rev era era being my personal favourite!
    Holy cow, you're in the decade club! Not sure if I should congratulate you...

i wasn't on the place most of the year and i didn't feel i had place to vote. but congrates to all the member who make this place alive!

yes, the forums era may have passed as many think, but i wouldn't rush with this conclusion. not only they are still in demand but may well resurrect one day in a new more sophisticated form

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    "Best Football Knowledge"
    If command of the English dictionary equates to football knowledge then i'll hold my hands up ,but in my book that's absolute crap! : )
    But i guess that's the sign of the times. LOL!

well yes it does help if people can understand the words you've typed so they can see for themselves the utter tripe pouring from your fingertips in almost every post

LOL!

that doesn't say much for you pal ,you tied with me ffs! : )

I think Conaldinho is easily our longest serving member now and
    joined this forum not long after it was started almost 10 years ago!

Im going to be trying to get some of our older posters to make a comeback
    to help us celebrate our 10th birthday which i think will be in April but i need to find the exact date.

I think we all deserve a beer or two for keeping this place going for almost a decade
    which is pretty good going in my view, I still love to visit here every day and read everyones posts and join in the debates when i can.

While im still here i would like to thank our former leader O Dogg who i eventually took over from who i wish
    was still around as he was responsible for building up this place back in the old days and did a fine job to create this community.

Conner has been here for the full 10 years as well, Tipster in one form or another can't be too far off either

I was one of the original mods, the site owners (namely The General) pinched us all from a long defunct Championship Manager forum, the same place O Dogg was later headhunted from and we were set the task of tapping up other rival forums for new members! They then banned any talk of rival forums on here and it was against the rules to use any links in your posts. Things have become a bit more relaxed since then thankfully

Classic moment, there.

Oops missed this, congrats to Redpelt, Mrtz, Hams and Steely, deserved winners. Conner, Seamus and the ever opinionated, ever controversial Specnur also deserve mention for their contributions, the forum would be a poorer place without them. I've also quite enjoyed entering the alternative universe of Almeida for the first time, even if I can't make much sense of it!
    There were posts that made me think, made me go and look up stuff I otherwise wouldn't have bothered doing, and posts that made me laugh last year. Lets have more of the same in 2015 gents.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!