Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Copa Del Rey

Re: Copa Del Rey - 2014-15

Wed 11/02/15
    Barcelona 3 - 1 Villarreal

Wed 11/02/15
    Athletic Club 1 - 1 Espanyol

We could be on for an all Catalan final in the Copa del Rey following last nights results in the 1st Legs.

Its the 2nd legs of the Copa del rey semi finals this week with Villarreal taking on Barcelona and Espanyol playing against Bilbao both on Wednesday night.

Semi Final Results 2nd Legs

Wed 04/03/15
    Villarreal 1 - 3 Barcelona (Agg 2-6)

Wed 04/03/15
    Espanyol 0 - 2 Athletic Club (Agg 1-3)

The Copa Del Rey final will be between Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao!

Neymar scored twice last night at El Madrigal to give Barca a 3-1 win and to keep the Catalans on course for the treble.

The final will be on 29th May with the venue probably Valencia's Mestalla stadium as I don't think Madrid would let them use the Bernabeu.

Sat 30/05/15 Athletic Club 19 : 00 Barcelona

The Nou camp will host the final following a meeting of the Spanish football federation.

Real Madrid had refused to let the game be played at the Bernabeu and Atletico and Valencia's stadiums were ruled out.

I think its slightly unfair that Barcelona will have "home advantage" against Bilbao and what is even more controversial
    is that when the Spanish national anthem is played it will be booed by both sets of fans and the King wont be respected either.

Copa Del Rey Final

Sat 30/05/15
    Athletic Club 20 : 30 Barcelona

Although i don't like either club i hope that Bilbao can beat Barcelona in their own Nou Camp back yard.

Sat 30/05/15
    Athletic Club 1 - 3 Barcelona - Attendance 99,354

0-1 Messi 20'
    0-2 Neymar 36'
    0-3 Messi 74'
    1-3 Williams 79'

What an incredible goal that was from Messi to open the scoring on 20 minutes!
    He had the ball out wide on the right and just danced past 4 Bilbao players before firing in to the net!
    Once Barca went ahead there was only going to be one winner and the Catalans have now done the double.

Keep an eye out for Athletic's Black Basque forward Williams who looks like a excellent prospect for the future.

Forgot to mention that i didn't like Neymar's showboating at the end and the hair cut of Dani Alves was ridiculous and looked like a small Poo!

Barca were a different class and could have won by more. Messis goal was a fantastic piece of individual skill. The commentator was right when he remarked 'and they said that Suarez, Messi and Neymar together wouldn't work!'

Madrid could be thrown out of this years competition for fielding an ineligible player against Cadiz during their 3-1 victory!