Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: January transfer window 2015

Re: January transfer window 2015

Its transfer deadline day!
    I'll post here if there are any major deals done before the window shuts.

Its looks like Schurlee has completed his move from Chelsea to Wolfsburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    Its looks like Schurlee has completed his move from Chelsea to Wolfsburg.

that was actually so stupid.... Wolfsburg?? really??? ..what was he thinking?

Not bothered about Lennon going to Everton, good luck to him. The interesting one was West Ham making a bid for Adebayor, not as daft as it sounds because the mercenary twat would probably put in a shift for the remainder of the season. As it happens Levy has blocked the move due to it being West Ham. Our best bit of business is getting Kane to sign a new contract. Ade £100K a week, Kane has doubled his wage to £40K, can’t help but think there is a bit of a ’value’ gap there....
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Im pleased that we didnt sign Adebayor as i dont like him and delighted that we kept Carlton Cole.

It looks like Chelsea made the biggest transfer today with the signing of Juan Cuadrado for £26 million.

Southampton have signed Ryan Bertrand from Chelsea on a permanant basis as have Palace with Zaha from Man Utd.

West Brom signed Darren Fletcher from Man Utd on a free transfer and Spurs splashed out £5 million on the young kid Dele Ali from MK Dons.

Any thoughts on these deals?

The Fletcher transfer to the Baggies should be a good one for the player and for the club he joins. At the age of thirty I suspect his best days are past him, but he'll do a job for West Brom, and LVG clearly had no plans to play him much anymore. I like to see a bit of ambition to play rather than players sitting on the bench claiming a pay cheque every week, like Benoit Assou-Ekotto who had his £40K a week contract cancelled by Tottenham (ffs, we seem to be a bit of a magnet for expensive, lazy passengers).
    I'm not going to pretend I know much about Cuadrado but I'm sure he'll be yet another powerful option for Mourinho to call on, on the way to the title this season.
    Dele Ali has been loaned back to the MK Dons for the remainder of this season, but the kid clearly has potential and is making all the right noises about joining Spurs. I'd have liked us to buy an experienced forward to be honest, but I'm not going to moan too much, the development of Kane has been very enjoyable to see this season.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Adebayor is nothing but a foreign mercenary of the highest order who is like one of those guns for hire in a cowboy movie.
    I dont want to see his type in a Hammers shirt even if he is a better player than Carlton Cole who at least always tries his best for our club.

It was funny that Daniel Levy of Spurs canceled the transfer because he considers West Ham to be a direct rival! How times have changed!

Here is a brief list of all the major deals that were done in January.

Bony - Swansea to Man City - £28 million

Cuadrado - Fiorentina to Chelsea - £26.8 million

Gabriel - Villarreal to Arsenal - £11.3 million

Bertrand - Chelsea to Southampton - £10 million

Kramaric - Rijeka to Leicester - £9.5 million,

Defoe to Sunderland - Altidore to Toronto (swap deal)

Man Utd,Liverpool or Tottenham didn't make any major signings at all in this window. West Ham didn't buy anybody either!
    Any final thoughts on these deals? will any of these players be a success in the PL?