Thread: Man City to sign Bony for 30 million.

Man City to sign Bony for 30 million.

There are reports today that Man City have agreed a deal to sign Wilfried Bony from Swansea for 30 million.
    Is the Ivory Coast striker worth such a fee and will he be a success at the Etihad where he will have to compete for a place with Aguero?

Re: Man City to sign Bony for 30 million.

a very good player but that's a price only Man City could justify i think.

he will be a success though - a sort of more mobile Dzeko and one that you can throw on with 30 mins left to cause havoc to tired defences.

Yeah, I've been impressed with what I've seen from Bony but 30M is probably inflated. I can't see him starting regularly for Citeh when they already have a wealth of striking options, but I guess the lure of lucre is a strong one. It leaves Swansea with a big hole to fill, and if they try and recruit another striker in the January window they will pay over the odds because everyone knows they have 30M to burn. Interesting to see what happens to their form without their top scorer, such moves can be false economies.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Man City have confirmed the signing of Wilfried Bony on a 4 year deal for 28 million.

Any more thoughts on this deal?

Will City now have the best strike force in the PL with Aguero,Bony,Dzeko and Jovetic in their ranks?

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    Man City have confirmed the signing of Wilfried Bony on a 4 year deal for 28 million.

Any more thoughts on this deal?

Will City now have the best strike force in the PL with Aguero,Bony,Dzeko and Jovetic in their ranks?
    They look like a bunch of crippled toddlers compared to Borini, Lambert, and Balotelli