Page 1 of 63 121151 ... LastLast

Thread: The hate that hate produced!

The hate that hate produced!

Since we are in the season of the blame game ,i'll start this thread to give some insight into the deeds of the past and how they shape the future.
    This story is a good start ,since we often go on about people playing the race card and moving on rather than complain about the future.

Something some of us already knew and some scoffed at the idea of it's notion.

Both the USA and Belgium are responsible for the conditions that the people of the Congo now live in and maybe ,if we assume the likelihood that if Lamumba would have attained his goal he would have been a role model for other African nations that hold such natural resources, Africa now see's itself. I do not think it is a stretch to assume such an outcome and i think the admittance to such an egregious act could/should change the world as we know it.

Re: The hate that hate produced!

It would take an extremely na´ve person or someone blinded by patriotism to refuse to believe that the actions of the U.S and their allies - including their Chief Cheerleader, the U.K have created havoc amongst the other nations of the world. Especially Asia and South America. All in the name of free market capitalism.

Another bit of knowledge being dropped right here for those in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus
    It would take an extremely na´ve person or someone blinded by patriotism to refuse to believe that the actions of the U.S and their allies - including their Chief Cheerleader, the U.K have created havoc amongst the other nations of the world. Especially Asia and South America. All in the name of free market capitalism.
    woah there cowboy.

don't go buying into the nonsense peddled about us being little more than cheerleaders. while we've been breaking up the Empire, they've been going around the world upsetting all sorts of different people absolutely without our involvement.

we're miles ahead of any other country in the world in terms of positive diplomatic relations around this fine planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    woah there cowboy.

don't go buying into the nonsense peddled about us being little more than cheerleaders. while we've been breaking up the Empire, they've been going around the world upsetting all sorts of different people absolutely without our involvement.

we're miles ahead of any other country in the world in terms of positive diplomatic relations around this fine planet.
    Giving with one hand and taking with the other mate!
    Designes purely on power ,if you are naive to think the west are going to relinquish that i fee sorry for you mate.
    There enough example of it in that video of that marine i posted.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    woah there cowboy.

Giving with one hand and taking with the other mate!
    Designes purely on power ,if you are naive to think the west are going to relinquish that i fee sorry for you mate.
    There enough example of it in that video of that marine i posted.
    yeah, obviously self-interest continues to drive us. that is true of all of us to some degree.

we don't need to relinquish the power that we have in this world. our strength is in our bonds and no country unites different cultures, languages and countries across the globe quite like we do. not even close.

i have not yet seen the video so can't comment too much.

i note that the article itself refers to the legacy of Leopold. that bloke was a clueless idiot hellbent on creating any form of colonialism that he could, not even for national interests, but purely for personal gain.

We were heavily involved with Iraq and Afghanistan, we allow them to use our land for their Nukes and intelligence gathering, re-fuelling for torture flights, we have done business with some despotic leaders that they bankroll and of course there is Diego Garcia..........

We were heavily involved with Iraq and Afghanistan, we allow them to use our land for their Nukes and intelligence gathering, re-fuelling for torture flights, we have done business with some despotic leaders that they bankroll and of course there is Diego Garcia..........
    Iraq and Afghanistan are a tear drop in the ocean of US Foreign affairs in the past 150 years so to give us such a ridiculous tag off those relativey minor situaitons is simply perpetuating a falsehood. this country can, has and does stand on its own two feet and makes its own decisions, quite often contrary to those made by our US friends.

of course we allow them concessions, they are our allies ffs

you can not be a world player WITHOUT doing business with some less than scrupulous leaders. there's nothing to see there at all.

you don't need to tell me about Diego Garcia mate. i made a thread on this very forum about it long before it became a popular stick to beat them with. thats a classic case of self-interest over ruling the desire to right our wrongs. unfortunately sh*t happens. of course, the yanks don't use our equipment and land free of charge. somebody has to pay for your free prescriptions and university education up there ,

Iraq and Afghanistan are a tear drop in the ocean of US Foreign affairs in the past 150 years so to give us such a ridiculous tag off those relativey minor situaitons is simply perpetuating a falsehood. this country can, has and does stand on its own two feet and makes its own decisions, quite often contrary to those made by our US friends.

of course we allow them concessions, they are our allies ffs

you can not be a world player WITHOUT doing business with some less than scrupulous leaders. there's nothing to see there at all.

you don't need to tell me about Diego Garcia mate. i made a thread on this very forum about it long before it became a popular stick to beat them with. thats a classic case of self-interest over ruling the desire to right our wrongs. unfortunately sh*t happens. of course, the yanks don't use our equipment and land free of charge. somebody has to pay for your free prescriptions and university education up there ,
    Mate, you are forgetting the Sykes/Picot agreement surely ,that was has to be one of the biggest reason's why there is such mess in the middle east right now and the USA had nothing to do with that.
    Yes the UK IS the a very progressive country , it went out of it's way to end the transatlantic slave trade they used to build half the wealth that country has. Like i said they take with one hand give with the other, but i don't blame the average bloke on the street for that, i blame the powers that be that reaped the benefits and spread the misery world wide.

yeah, i didn't mention anything about that because we were discussing the notion that we're somehow a cheerleader for the US. that's further example that we're more than capable of doing our own thing though, rightly or wrongly.

well when you talk about the average bloke on the street, what you need to remember is that the average British person didn't have it easy in those times and through the industrial revolution. hideous working conditions, child and forced labour, atrocious class divide and the denial of the right to vote all show that the average British person was also a 'victim' of our colonialism and thirst for Empire expansion.

nobody said taking over the world was pretty ,