Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final - Chelsea v Tottenham - 1st March

Re: Final - Chelsea v Tottenham - 1st March

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    There is absolutely no reason strategically why Mason should,have started instead of Dembele . The Belgian is the superior tackler ,Superior at protecting the ball ,superior at running at the defense ,superior at passing .There is not a area where Dembele does not outplay this player ,so you start him and you change the level of ability in that area which is of most importance .
    I think we should make Dembele Prime Minister, I'm pretty sure he'd get us down to zero unemployment, and probably make us all millionaires.....and win PFA player of the year as well. He's not your son is he Specs?
    I see you haven't tried to tackle the part i highlighted mate! ; )

don;t over think it mate ,everything i said you know is true ! there is not one area where Dembele is not superior to Mason.
    However his pluses make a game against top level opposition a lot easier.
    I would really like to see the stats in regards to how many game Spurs have won in important matches with Dembele starting v Mason starting.

Just having the dimension of player being able to turn a player in the middle of the park should not be taken lightly ,if you are trying be a top level team.
    Mason doesn't give you that and i don't even see him being a big time tackler either so what's his function outside of having a lot of energy?

Re: Final - Chelsea v Tottenham - 1st March

Quote Originally Posted by specnur

I see you haven't tried to tackle the part i highlighted mate! ; )

don;t over think it mate ,everything i said you know is true ! there is not one area where Dembele is not superior to Mason.
    However his pluses make a game against top level opposition a lot easier.
    I would really like to see the stats in regards to how many game Spurs have won in important matches with Dembele starting v Mason starting.

Just having the dimension of player being able to turn a player in the middle of the park should not be taken lightly ,if you are trying be a top level team.
    Mason doesn't give you that and i don't even see him being a big time tackler either so what's his function outside of having a lot of energy?
    Well I don't mind admitting Dembele is a class act on his day, but like Mason he can lack consistency. He started against West Ham, but was poor, in fact he made a sloppy mistake that led to the first goal and was subbed second half. That is what is frustrating about him, you know it's there but sometimes he looks too laid back for his own good. To be honest Bentaleb is my midfield hero this season, you rarely see him put a foot wrong. There is an article here that compares the stats and it shows (for what these things are worth) that Mason's and Bentaleb's stats aren't too shabby alongside Moussa's stats.
    Trust me Specs, I'd love to see him produce the goods on the pitch on a consistent basis, it would probably elevate Spurs into a top three team. You are wrong if you think Poch is sniffy about him, he has given him opportunities to shine this season, in fact I think he has improved him by playing him further up the park. I might be well wide of the mark, but I suspect he has lost a little "hunger" playing for Tottenham, earning a massive salary. There is only so much a coach can do, the rest has to come from inside the player himself.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!