Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: QF- Liverpool v Blackburn - 8th March

QF- Liverpool v Blackburn - 8th March

Liverpool take on Championship side Blackburn for a place in the FA Cup semi finals.
    The Reds have been in fine form in the PL while striker Jordan Rhodes will be the danger man for Rovers.

Re: QF- Liverpool v Blackburn - 8th March

You have to fancy Liverpool at home for this one, even if Blackburn have taken a Premier scalp already to get this far. They brushed aside Burnley in the league game, they have really hit their straps at a good time to hit them.

Liverpool 3 Blackburn 1
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Flipping hell rough start for Skrtel ! Out cold ,i hope it's nothing serious!

TEAMS:

Liverpool
    Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Can, Henderson (c), Markovic, Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge.

Subs - Ward, Toure, Sakho, Moreno, Williams, Balotelli.

Blackburn
    Eastwood, Henley, Baptiste, Kilgallon (c), Olsson, Marshall, Evans, Williamson, Conway, Cairney, Gestede.

Subs - Steele, Spurr, Brown, Rhodes, Taylor, Henry, Lenihan.

HT

Liverpool 0-0 Blackburn

FT

Liverpool 0-0 Blackburn

Rovers defended superbly and more than deserved to earn a replay at Ewood Park.
    I dont think Liverpool had a single clear cut chance during the 90 minutes. No news yet on if Skrtel is ok after being carried off early on.

Well done Blackburn, especially with some key players missing. Funny how Premier teams can be "hypnotised" by weaker teams into playing without the usual tempo, playing it in front of the defence or trying to pass it into the goal. Seen it time and again this season, Spurs have suffered from it enough ffs. I'd still fancy Liverpool for the replay, I just guess it is an extra game they'd rather not have.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Just the result I wanted!.

Me too!
    knacker them boys out, keep them out pot top tier contention

Got give some respect to Blackburn in this game though ,they really fought with pride and stuck to their game.
    Interesting to see all the big guns on the pitch at the same time . Mario, Sterling, Coutinho,Sturridge and Lalana .
    If they ever start clicking they have the most potent attack in Europe bar none ,but i think there are too many ego's there which is a damn shame .So much potential for that team .

Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    Me too!
    knacker them boys out, keep them out pot top tier contention

Got give some respect to Blackburn in this game though ,they really fought with pride and stuck to their game.
    Interesting to see all the big guns on the pitch at the same time . Mario, Sterling, Coutinho,Sturridge and Lalana .
    If they ever start clicking they have the most potent attack in Europe bar none ,but i think there are too many ego's there which is a damn shame .So much potential for that team .
    Even if those five started clicking they wouldnt be as good as barca or real madrids attack